Warm Bodies (Warm Bodies, #1) Warm Bodies discussion

Movie trailer?

Comments (showing 1-48 of 48) (48 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Maria What did you think of the movie trailer? I was pleasantly surprised! It looks pretty good

Eva Inevitable It's looks really good! The only problem is that people don't know it's a book! The trailer never said anything at the end! Isaac Marion needs credit!

♥ Becky  22 It looks awesome!! I didn't know they were making it so funny. Ha, can't wait to see the movie!

Elisabeth I've been waiting for a trailer for so long! I love, love, love Nicholas Hoult as R, I think he's just perfect and Julie is too. I wish people knew it was a book, but I'm glad people are noticing at all. I really hate that some people are calling it "Twilight all over again"... they OBVIOUSLY HAVE NOT READ THE BOOK SO ZIP IT. Anyway... loved the trailer! :)

Eva Inevitable I loved the trailer so much!

message 6: by Tehanu (new)

Tehanu Question: Is the tone of the trailer really different from the tone of the book?
I've read the book till R gets Julie to the plane, and then I stopped reading. I was not interested, but if the rest of the book is similar to the trailer I will finish it in a heartbeat.

It Makes Sense In Context havnt seen the trailer but book is great!

Inday-Elie Nicholas Hoult passes for one heck of a good looking zombie. :) It's just perfect! oh, and julie too! XD

Renae I think it's great! I was getting a little upset when I saw people saying they think it's a spoof or a Twilight but with zombies. I really just want to shout "READ THE BOOK!" at everyone. It looks like they've stuck to the book pretty well and I love R's inner monologue!

message 11: by Vee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Vee Gretzinger Renae wrote: "I think it's great! I was getting a little upset when I saw people saying they think it's a spoof or a Twilight but with zombies. I really just want to shout "READ THE BOOK!" at everyone. It looks ..."

i heard that too! it made me soo mad! and i said the same exact thing! only it went more like this "bitch, you don't know what your talking about, so obviously you havent read the book.."

David Davies Trailer looks great...but is it one of those times where the trailer has shown us all the best parts of the movie? Its been adapted from a book and ya know how Hollywood screws that up again and again and....

Rabab Is anyone else reminded of the Darren Shan movie with the Warm Bodies trailer? Possibly with how the humour is presented and Hoults first person account of the story.

(Although I still loved the trailer)

Mercer Brady thats how I found out the book it was great, and seemed like a different read, so yeah I really liked the trailer :)

message 15: by Jose (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jose Carneiro I watched the movie on December 7th because I got early passes and It was great. I personally thought it was better than the book.

Nohely When I saw the trailer I felt like it was based on a book. I investigated and it turns out I was right. I finished the book today and now I can't wait for the movie!

Rachel Saw the trailer, fell in love, read the book, now still waiting for the movie :)

Sylvie I can't wait to see it! In case you're interested, the first four minutes are up on YouTube. It's a lot like the trailer, with a little more added on. I love the part with the cell phones!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iI1AkF...

F.J.R. Titchenell Tehanu wrote: "Question: Is the tone of the trailer really different from the tone of the book?
I've read the book till R gets Julie to the plane, and then I stopped reading. I was not interested, but if the rest..."

Yeah, it's different. The book's really not a comedy for the most part. I actually read it because the trailer looked good, found out it wasn't at all what I was expecting based on the trailer but fell in love with it anyway, and now I'm worrying the direction they're going with the movie might not do justice to the book (weird mental cycle, I know). Now I'm trying to just be open to the movie as a separate piece, more like the genre parody I was expecting in the first place.

message 20: by Jennifer (new) - added it

Jennifer I loved the trailer but, I really don't do zombie movies. They scare the crappers out of me. So, yes I had to find out if it was a book and read it to see if I could handle it. I was LOL while reading the book. I will be seeing this movie Saturday.
Same thing with that Beautiful Creatures movie. I had never heard of the book. Is it any good? The trailer looks interesting.

F.J.R. Titchenell So, I ended up being pleasantly surprised by the movie. I do a full comparison between movie and book here: http://fjrtitchenell.weebly.com/confe...

In short, it IS much lighter in tone than the book but still manages to maintain the original sweetness. My take, anyway.

message 22: by Jennifer (new) - added it

Jennifer F.J.R. wrote: "So, I ended up being pleasantly surprised by the movie. I do a full comparison between movie and book here: http://fjrtitchenell.weebly.com/confe......"

I really enjoyed your review of the movie. I would totally love to sit next to you and whisper things that should have been there. My daughter and husband always shush me.

F.J.R. Titchenell Jennifer wrote: "F.J.R. wrote: "So, I ended up being pleasantly surprised by the movie. I do a full comparison between movie and book here: http://fjrtitchenell.weebly.com/confe......"

Thanks! Yeah, my husband is superhumanly patient about it, but I still get my share of shushes! Especially during the first fight scene in the pharmacy, when R somehow falls in love BEFORE eating Perry's brain, but the rest of the action scene still demands to be watched instead of complained over. Conflicting, conflicting.

message 24: by Vee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Vee Gretzinger did anyone see the movie yet? honestly, there were some issues... but the actors were pretty good looking

Sylvie I saw it night before last, and liked it a lot. Of course it was a little different from the book on a few key matters, especially regarding John Malkovich's character. I thought the Boneys were awesome. I loved that they were faceless and anonymous. Made them even scarier than the regular zombies.

Amanda I loved the movie trailer!!! But... the movie was so much better!!!!!!

I personally, after reading the book, liked the book better than the movie. The movie was still GREAT though!!

message 27: by Huda (new) - rated it 5 stars

Huda Sarkowi I hate it when people compared it to Twilight. But Theresa Palmer and Kristen Stewart do look like a long lost siblings though...

Sylvie Anne Huda wrote: "I hate it when people compared it to Twilight. But Theresa Palmer and Kristen Stewart do look like a long lost siblings though..."

My friends said the same thing, but personally I don't see the resemblance. Actually, she reminds a little bit of Scarlett Johansen.

message 29: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 06, 2013 02:16AM) (new)

OMG Tony from SKINS!!!!

*back to the point*

um - loved the trailer! I've read the first few chapters of the book, love it! How cute is R :)
Also Julie is Number 6 from I Am Number 4 fun fact of the day

message 30: by Vee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Vee Gretzinger Amanda wrote: "I loved the movie trailer!!! But... the movie was so much better!!!!!!

I personally, after reading the book, liked the book better than the movie. The movie was still GREAT though!!"

i argree a hundred percent with you! i liked the book more, but hte movie was still awesome. and they guy who played R was smokin!

Laura Collins I actually really didn't like the trailer :-/ I really loved the book and finished it yesterday so I went and watched the trailer and I just feel like it looks too comic and almost too twilightish? I'm not sure, I still want to see the movie as I heard its good but the movie just seems very different!

Elaine I just saw the movie and it is amazing! It goes along with the book well, they do cut out some of the little things (like all movies do), but it really didn't affect the movie horribly. I loved it and I am now in love with Nicholas Hoult (R)! He has the most gorgeous eyes! <3 But in all seriousness, the movie was awesome and I recommend it to people who read the book.

message 33: by Elaine (last edited Feb 06, 2013 06:37PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elaine em wrote: "OMG Tony from SKINS!!!!

*back to the point*

um - loved the trailer! I've read the first few chapters of the book, love it! How cute is R :)
Also Julie is Number 6 from I Am Number 4 fun fact of t..."

HOLY CRAP!!! I just realized that! I loved her in that! And I loved that movie!

Elaine Rachel wrote: "Saw the trailer, fell in love, read the book, now still waiting for the movie :)"

That was me till opening day of that movie

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

Do they cut out the bit where R gets married and has kids? Cuz that bit was just weird...

message 36: by Vee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Vee Gretzinger yes... they do, they also cut out the part where R catches his wife, like, um... humping that other zomie... god that was so awkward...

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm not up to that bit yet -.-

message 38: by Vee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Vee Gretzinger haha oops...sorry *spoiler alert*

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

Haha It's okay dw

Grace I'm torn.the trailer does look pretty good but I already picked several things that I disliked simply from that short snapshot. I am aiming to see it over the weekend. Hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised.

Anita I loved the trailer and read the book based on that. I also enjoyed the book. I'm looking forward to seeing the film (just hope it's not took gory)!

message 42: by Jennifer (new) - added it

Jennifer The movie wasn't as gory as I thought it would be.

Anita Jennifer wrote: "The movie wasn't as gory as I thought it would be."
Good to know! I'm really squeamish

message 44: by Jennifer (new) - added it

Jennifer I did close my eyes at the first part them I peeked only to realize it wasn't bad at all. Lol

Amanda Gave me the NEED to see the movie! Movie was so much better than trailer lol!!

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm so excited to see this movie! Does anyone know if its out in australia yet???

message 47: by Vee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Vee Gretzinger The movies soooo good! I have no clue..

Grace Saw the movie. It was...ok. Not amazing, not awful. Don't think i'd watch it again. Not a patch on the book.

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Warm Bodies (other topics)