Aiossa's 12/13 Senior English Class discussion

Memoirs of a Geisha
This topic is about Memoirs of a Geisha
crystal review #3

Comments (showing 1-1 of 1) (1 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Crystal (last edited Nov 08, 2012 08:51PM) (new)

Crystal | 4 comments "Memoirs of a Geisha" is a real life event about a women named Sayuri. It begins when she is a young girl by the name of Chiyo. Her childhood is spent in poor poverty. Her parents are peasants and her mother is terminally ill and unable to work and her father is a fisherman. The family has hardly any money and they live in a worn out house on a cliff top overlooking the sea in Yoroido. Chiyo and her sister Satsu often are left to their own devices, running barefoot through the tiny village that is their home. One day while running an errand for her father, Chiyo has an accident that changed her life forever.
I give this book 5 stars because it is such an interesting memory and I like the culture.
“This is why dreams can be such dangerous things: they smolder on like a fire does, and sometimes they consume us completely.” -Arthur Golden
This quote explains that dreams can only be taken so far until we've forgotten what was most important.
This book relates to our memoir writing assignment in english class. Remembering our most memorable event in our life.
I recommend this to people who are into the asian culture or just want some intense reading done.
What I love most is the introduction from the author. Very deep writing.

unread topics | mark unread