Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

Slammed (Slammed, #1)
This topic is about Slammed
ARCHIVES > Slammed by Colleen Hover

Comments (showing 1-45 of 45) (45 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gisbelle, Sweet as π (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gisbelle | 25107 comments I am absolutely in love with this book. The poems are so beautiful. And I am not a big fan of poems, but this book has changed my mind.

Jan Bethel (jan_bitz) | 108 comments I agree! I always say two things to people whom I recommend this book to. First, you will fall in love with the book. And second, if you think you didn't fall in love with the book and the story itself, then, you will surely fall in love with the poetry inside. :)

message 3: by Gisbelle, Sweet as π (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gisbelle | 25107 comments Yes :) I was a bit worry at first that I wouldn't understand the book and wouldn't enjoy it because of the poems. But I was hooked since the first page. I read and finished the same day :)

Beatrice (beatricemasalunga) | 1178 comments A book that totally blew my heart away. I couldn't get over it until now. :)

Angel / YA rules!/ | 123 comments Beatrice wrote: "A book that totally blew my heart away. I couldn't get over it until now. :)"

I can totally relate... =)

message 6: by Gisbelle, Sweet as π (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gisbelle | 25107 comments Which poem in the book you guys like the best?

I like The Blue Sweater :) Sweet and sad at the same time.

Beatrice (beatricemasalunga) | 1178 comments Schooled :D

message 8: by Gisbelle, Sweet as π (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gisbelle | 25107 comments :) I'm reading book 2 now... so far, no poem yet :(

message 9: by Angel / YA rules!/ (last edited Nov 06, 2012 01:16AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Angel / YA rules!/ | 123 comments excellent question... i was reading it again just now and my eyes started to water again... i like all of them... =)

Jan Bethel (jan_bitz) | 108 comments I like the poem, "Lake". I really find it very romantic.

Oh, Gisbelle! Another favorite poem of mine is from book two! Hahaha! You're gonna read it soon. ;)

message 11: by Gisbelle, Sweet as π (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gisbelle | 25107 comments Angel / YA rules!/ wrote: "excellent question... i was reading it again just now and my eyes started to water again... i like all of it... =)"

Greedy or indecisive, Angel? :)

message 12: by Gisbelle, Sweet as π (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gisbelle | 25107 comments Jan Bethel wrote: "I like the poem, "Lake". I really find it very romantic.

Oh, Gisbelle! Another favorite poem of mine is from book two! Hahaha! You're gonna read it soon. ;)"

Ooh... Can't wait :D

Angel / YA rules!/ | 123 comments Gisbelle wrote: "Angel / YA rules!/ wrote: "excellent question... i was reading it again just now and my eyes started to water again... i like all of it... =)"

Greedy or indecisive, Angel? :)"

every poem was touching... so i'm sure i'm not indecisive... maybe greedy? ;)

Angel / YA rules!/ | 123 comments Jan Bethel wrote: "I like the poem, "Lake". I really find it very romantic.

Oh, Gisbelle! Another favorite poem of mine is from book two! Hahaha! You're gonna read it soon. ;)"

yea, i agree since i like (view spoiler)

Beatrice (beatricemasalunga) | 1178 comments I want to read the second one.. but I think it would be a huge cliffhanger.

Jan Bethel (jan_bitz) | 108 comments Angel / YA rules!/ wrote: "Jan Bethel wrote: "I like the poem, "Lake". I really find it very romantic.

yea, i agree sinc..."

Hahaha! Yes, yes! ;) I read the books twice now already.

message 17: by Gisbelle, Sweet as π (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gisbelle | 25107 comments So there will be book 3?

Jan Bethel (jan_bitz) | 108 comments Beatrice wrote: "I want to read the second one.. but I think it would be a huge cliffhanger."

Oh, you would enjoy it! Trust me! You'll be left happy and satisfied. But I am really looking forward to book three. ;)

Jan Bethel (jan_bitz) | 108 comments Gisbelle wrote: "So there will be book 3?"

yep! Colleen Hoover is still writing it though. :)

Angel / YA rules!/ | 123 comments Beatrice wrote: "I want to read the second one.. but I think it would be a huge cliffhanger."

not really... =) that's what i like about her books... in itself the story is somewhat finished but you get curious as to what happened after so you read the next book then that in itself also the story seems somewhat done but you can't let go of the characters so you wait for book 3... did i make sense?

Jan Bethel (jan_bitz) | 108 comments Angel / YA rules!/ wrote: "Beatrice wrote: "I want to read the second one.. but I think it would be a huge cliffhanger."

not really... =) that's what i like about her books... in itself the story is somewhat finished but yo..."

I know what you mean! The other books are just like bonuses. I've very happy she doesn't seem to be fond of cliffhangers.. haha!

Jan Bethel (jan_bitz) | 108 comments @Angel - Have you read the first chapters of her third book??

Beatrice (beatricemasalunga) | 1178 comments yes. :) I'll read it probably on Christmas break (so there will be no distraction).

Angel / YA rules!/ | 123 comments Jan Bethel wrote: "@Angel - Have you read the first chapters of her third book??"

is it Will's POV? that's the one i've read.

message 25: by Gisbelle, Sweet as π (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gisbelle | 25107 comments Happy to hear that guys :) I'll try to finish book 2 as soon as I am free from work :)

Jan Bethel (jan_bitz) | 108 comments Angel / YA rules!/ wrote: "Jan Bethel wrote: "@Angel - Have you read the first chapters of her third book??"

is it Will's POV? that's the one i've read."

Yep! I read it from her site. :) Im excited to read it.

Jan Bethel (jan_bitz) | 108 comments @Gisbelle and @Beatrice - Enjoy reading! ;)

Angel / YA rules!/ | 123 comments Jan Bethel wrote: "Angel / YA rules!/ wrote: "Jan Bethel wrote: "@Angel - Have you read the first chapters of her third book??"

is it Will's POV? that's the one i've read."

Yep! I read it from her site. :) Im excit..."

me too... Will and Lake are very loveable characters... =)

Beatrice (beatricemasalunga) | 1178 comments @Angel - So True! :)

Jan Bethel (jan_bitz) | 108 comments @Angel - I keep missing them that I end up re-reading the books! hahaha!

Melodie | 35 comments I love the story ! Heart warming and heart breaking at the same time !

message 32: by Gisbelle, Sweet as π (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gisbelle | 25107 comments I loved it too, Melodie, but not book 2 :)

Almita | 9 comments Love every stories in the book

message 34: by Gisbelle, Sweet as π (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gisbelle | 25107 comments me too :)

AriaTheBookNerd (ariathenerd) | 125 comments i just finished this and I loved it. ^^,
i just wish Will and Lake get to continue where they left off on Point of Retreat.

Melodie | 35 comments There is going to be a 3rd book ;)

AriaTheBookNerd (ariathenerd) | 125 comments i just heard about it now. ^^,
so basically there is more!
good to hear then. :)

message 38: by Gisbelle, Sweet as π (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gisbelle | 25107 comments I loved book 1, but not much when it comes to book 2. I am going to read book 3 anyway. And hope it is going to be a good one :)

message 39: by Ali (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ali (Alimut) | 28 comments Is Slammed better than Hopeless?

message 40: by Gisbelle, Sweet as π (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gisbelle | 25107 comments Much better :D I loved it so much!

message 41: by Ali (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ali (Alimut) | 28 comments Would you categorize it as a Young Adult book (and by YA I mean ages 13-16)?

message 42: by Gisbelle, Sweet as π (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gisbelle | 25107 comments Actually, the book is clean. But there are kissing scenes and something like that.

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 19551 comments 산드라 ❤ wrote: "i just finished this and I loved it. ^^,
i just wish Will and Lake get to continue where they left off on Point of Retreat."

A little bit of a spoiler.

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 19551 comments Gisbelle wrote: "I loved book 1, but not much when it comes to book 2. I am going to read book 3 anyway. And hope it is going to be a good one :)"

Where do you find out about upcoming books like that?

message 45: by Gisbelle, Sweet as π (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gisbelle | 25107 comments Goodreads always marks if the book is a series or not.

photo 489d9432-253f-4093-9f86-752155506652_zps4a46b87e.jpg

Click on the series, and it'll show you all the books in the series.

unread topics | mark unread