♥!The Young Adult Book Club!♥ discussion

Easy (Contours of the Heart, #1)
This topic is about Easy
Past Reads > Easy

Comments (showing 1-43 of 43) (43 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer, The Paranormal One (last edited Nov 01, 2012 06:36PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jennifer (IvashkovLover) | 3952 comments Mod
Easy by Tammara Webber

A girl who believes trust can be misplaced, promises are made to be broken, and loyalty is an illusion. A boy who believes truth is relative, lies can mask unbearable pain, and guilt is eternal. Will what they find in each other validate their conclusions, or disprove them all?

When Jacqueline follows her longtime boyfriend to the college of his choice, the last thing she expects is a breakup two months into sophomore year. After two weeks in shock, she wakes up to her new reality: she's single, attending a state university instead of a music conservatory, ignored by her former circle of friends, and failing a class for the first time in her life.

Leaving a party alone, Jacqueline is assaulted by her ex's frat brother. Rescued by a stranger who seems to be in the right place at the right time, she wants nothing more than to forget the attack and that night--but her savior, Lucas, sits on the back row of her econ class, sketching in a notebook and staring at her. Her friends nominate him to be the perfect rebound.

When her attacker turns stalker, Jacqueline has a choice: crumple in defeat or learn to fight back. Lucas remains protective, but he's hiding secrets of his own. Suddenly appearances are everything, and knowing who to trust is anything but easy.

What did you think of Jacqueline and Lucas?

message 2: by Jennifer, The Paranormal One (new) - rated it 5 stars

I was happy Jacqueline found herself again. I didn't necessarily think it was completely wrong to follow her boyfriend to college. She took a chance on love and it didn't work out. Sometimes you have to try. But her boyfriend was such a douche! I was just happy she had the strength to make change and get back into music. I thought Lucas was soooo sweet and supportive. I cried when I heard about what happened to his mom. I think they were such a hot and sweet couple.

Kelly | 4 comments I just finished this book. Such a great balance of funny, sexy, and serious. Erin's choices of words cracked me up. I also loved seeing Jackie's tranisition to Jacqueline. It was pretty amazing when Lucas kisses her for the first time. And his tattoos? Don't get me stared... <3 Great read,

Mara (Maraa) Lucas was incredibly sexy. But he wasn't the stereotypical bad boy even though he was pierced and tattooed. In fact he was adorably sweet and so gentle with Jacqueline.

And there was one of my favourite things in YA: a cute e-mail exchange! I'm such a sucker for these :)
(Plus the characters didn't use horrible short hand when texting like 'u' and 'r'. HOW CAN I NOT LOVE THEM?!)

Ashley Williams (asgwilli) I am such an Easy Fangirl!! Lucas was sweet yet sexy, smart but not egotistical. I love how the story progressed and the points of humor that was added. Definitely my favourite contemporary read of the year!

message 6: by Jennifer, The Paranormal One (new) - rated it 5 stars

Oh yes I loved the email exchanges!!!!

Ashley Williams (asgwilli) Jennifer wrote: "Oh yes I loved the email exchanges!!!!"

ME TOO!! They made me smile.

Leeann | 1 comments Ashley wrote: "I am such an Easy Fangirl!! Lucas was sweet yet sexy, smart but not egotistical. I love how the story progressed and the points of humor that was added. Definitely my favourite contemporary read of..."

I couldn't agree more! I would love a sequel! I can't get enough of Jacqueline and Lucas.

Beatrice (beatricemasalunga) | 384 comments This made me swoon. I love this book! Jacqueline is so damn lucky for having Lucas. :)

Ashley Williams (asgwilli) Check out this link for more pics of Lucas and Jacqueline.. its not in English, but the pics are great!!!

message 11: by Jennifer, The Paranormal One (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ashley wrote: "Check out this link for more pics of Lucas and Jacqueline.. its not in English, but the pics are great!!!"

I love those pictures too! I should have thought to post them!

message 12: by Jennifer, The Paranormal One (last edited Nov 03, 2012 12:56PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

message 13: by Mara (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mara (Maraa) Wow I love those pictures!

Gabriella (gabb_mutt) | 1 comments Reading it this month and I'm super excited!

Emily (Falling for YA) (EmilySiess) | 71 comments Just finished it last night. I ended up reading it in under a day, I just couldn't stop until I knew what was going to happen between Jacqueline and Lucas!

Also those pictures are amazing, love it =D

Komal (k0k0) | 92 comments Finished it today.
What I liked most about this particular novel is Lucas' character. Throughout the book (except perhaps a little at the end), this man maintained his mature and calm pose and despite being a difficult flower to open up, he turned out to be unexpectedly wonderful from the inside. He's unlike most of the men his age in this day.

I did not think the heroin as atypical in anyway. She was not too much of an annoyance as is the case I find with most of the YA that I've read in the past.
She could do well with killing her curiosity but she did not display too much angst or sex-hunger.

The couple was superb, though I would have liked it if they had spent more time talking about each other and knowing each other rather than displaying intimacy in every meeting (not that I'm complaining, but I enjoy dialogues a lot).

A good read overall. The male protagonist won my heart.

Amanda | 2 comments I absolutely loved this book! It was sexy, sweet, and completely realistic! One of my favourite books I have read this year! :)

message 18: by Lauren (last edited Nov 12, 2012 03:20PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lauren (xoLozxo) | 2 comments I adored this book. The character's were brilliant, I have never really liked the protagonists as much as I did in Easy. Tammara's development of them and the way she handled such sensitive topics was great. I wished I had more time with Lucas and Jacqueline, but I'm reconciled that I will just need to reread. Looking forward to more from Tammara.

Lucas- I think he is my all time favourite book boyfriend! He lied, I know but I got over that very quickly, when I realised before Jacqueline, I just smiled. He is strong, vulnerable, sweet & I'm not going to lie damn sexy. He really just kept a smile on my face.

Jacqueline- I'm normally highly critical of female protagonists, but I couldn't really fault Jacqueline. She made mistakes, she realised them and she didn't hold grudges, she knew what she wanted! She did things she shouldn't have but to me honest I would've done the same if I was in love with someone. How she stood up to Buck was brilliant, great to see a strong female lead.

message 19: by Yael (new) - rated it 5 stars

Yael (oh_yali) Lucas is so incredibly sexy and mysterious. I definitely enjoyed this book very much!

Swetlana (grahamsheart) | 5 comments I read the preview for this book and fell in love right away! I read this book a couple of months ago, so I don't remember too much. Just that I really, really liked it and wasn't able to put it down until I finished it! Definitely a grat read!

Maira | 570 comments i liked reading this book
Lucas was soooooo cool, mysterious i instantly liked him.

Faye, la Patata (fayemat) | 14 comments I absolutely loved this book as well! It's true that the premise is predictable, but that doesn't make it any less beautiful. The escalation of their friendship to a budding romance was steady and meaningful, and made my chest squeeze in several occasions. I thought the ending was a bit abrupt, though :( Wish it had more pages, but hey, it's still a good novel and one of those that will stick to me for a long time :)

message 23: by Jen (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jen Minkman (jenminkman) Wow, who made those ueber-sexy pictures in this thread?? Wonderful! I loved reading this book, I finished it in two sittings (and that's just because I had to go to work, if only I could skip work for a day, hehe :)

message 24: by Lia (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lia | 3 comments I just joined this group 2 minutes ago *hi!*. I was actually trying to find other groups that are also reading this book. I'm reading it now, and I must say, I absolutely LOVE IT so far!! :D.

There is one thing I don't like so far, although. I don't like the protagonists emotional progression. She goes from traumatized from being sexually assaulted, to depressed about her ex, to developing a heavy crush on her savior. That's just not realistic to me. Did anyone else notice this?

Kiara Love | 1 comments OMG three words for this book: HOT HOT HOT!!! Freakin loved it from the first page to the last. I've even read extra times just for the spicy scenes...;). I really liked how the abuse that occurred in the beginning played in the book and tammara did that really well. I just can't wait to read. Lucas was her knight and shining armor and held her hand to the end. Just awesome!
Lastly, those pics are awesome!!Now I really got a feel for lucas's bad boy image.:)

Tania | 3 comments I loved both characters. I really liked how Jacqueline was able to help Lucas out in a great way by letting him see that what happened with his mother was not his fault. Jacqueline was able to find herself and became very independent after the breakup with her high school boyfriend. She no longer had to change herself to be with someone. .....From the very beginning I couldn't put this book down. :D

Tracey (addicted_to_reading) | 105 comments i cannot be the only person that hated this book.

message 28: by Lia (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lia | 3 comments Tracey wrote: "i cannot be the only person that hated this book."

Really?? What made it so bad for you?

Iesha Bush (ieshaax3) | 8 comments THIS BOOK WAS AMAZING!

Iesha Bush (ieshaax3) | 8 comments Tracey wrote: "i cannot be the only person that hated this book."

What didn't you like about the book?

Tracey (addicted_to_reading) | 105 comments Iesha wrote: "Tracey wrote: "i cannot be the only person that hated this book."

What didn't you like about the book?"

i really can't say. it had everything i want in a book but i just wasn't feeling it

Georgie | 1859 comments I just finished this today and OMG! it's soooooooooooo good! :D I loved every part of it although I didn't see that Landon and Lucas where the same person and I can usually see things like that. I kinda sulked over that for a day. BUT I REALLY REALLY LOVE THIS BOOK!

Georgia (GeorgiePog) | 1884 comments Georgie wrote: "I just finished this today and OMG! it's soooooooooooo good! :D I loved every part of it although I didn't see that Landon and Lucas where the same person and I can usually see things like that. I ..."

I still can't believe you didn't pick up on that...honestly Georgie... hahaha You're losing your touch!!! <3

Georgie | 1859 comments Georgia wrote: "Georgie wrote: "I just finished this today and OMG! it's soooooooooooo good! :D I loved every part of it although I didn't see that Landon and Lucas where the same person and I can usually see thin..."

I KNOW!!!!!!!!!!! er-mah-gawd! it's sah cray-cray! ahah

message 35: by Jennifer, The Paranormal One (new) - rated it 5 stars

Georgie wrote: "I just finished this today and OMG! it's soooooooooooo good! :D I loved every part of it although I didn't see that Landon and Lucas where the same person and I can usually see things like that. I ..."

LOL I guessed it from the synopsis alone. But I actually did kind of hold off reading it for a little bit cause I was still a little worried I might be wrong and it might turn into a love triangle which I HATE.

message 36: by Jennifer, The Paranormal One (last edited Dec 02, 2012 01:57PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

A new fan made graphic! Nice!

message 37: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra Giovanni | 330 comments Jennifer wrote: "A new fan made graphic! Nice!

"

Nice! I haven't read it yet, but I guessed that Landon and Lucas were the same person just from the book blurb. I was kind of turned off from his because it sounded like their might be some violence in it that I wouldn't be a fan of. Is there?

message 38: by Jennifer, The Paranormal One (last edited Dec 02, 2012 06:08PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cassandra wrote: "Jennifer wrote: "A new fan made graphic! Nice!

"
Nice! I haven't read it yet, but I guessed that Landon and Lucas were the same person just from the book blurb. I was kind of turned off from his b..."

It does deal with rape but nothing graphic. A guy tries at the beginning of the book but Lucas stops him and then it sort of deals with her taking self defense and gaining back confidence and the consequences of not reporting him. Lucas has a bit of a tragic history. I'm the same way. I don't like to read sad books or anything with a lot of rape violence but I was okay with this book. Teary eyed for sure but not at all as bad as many others I have read.

message 39: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra Giovanni | 330 comments Jennifer wrote: "Cassandra wrote: "Jennifer wrote: "A new fan made graphic! Nice!

"
Nice! I haven't read it yet, but I guessed that Landon and Lucas were the same person just from the book blurb. I was kind of tur..."

I might give it a try! Thanks! I was wondering if it was graphic, but then again just dealing with not reporting a person is graphic.

Aria (The Whimsical Reader) (awhimsicalreader) | 27 comments I loved this book! :)
The writing, the characters, the pace, everything.
The story was simple but the characters did their job making this book amazing.
I loved Jacqueline and Lucas. HOT, SMOKING LUCAS

Ashley Williams (asgwilli) I really loved this book as well! I loved the angsty relationship between Lucas and Jacqueline. My favourite part was the emails! They made me smile :D

Aria (The Whimsical Reader) (awhimsicalreader) | 27 comments Ashley wrote: "I really loved this book as well! I loved the angsty relationship between Lucas and Jacqueline. My favourite part was the emails! They made me smile :D"

They were cute weren't they? :p

message 43: by Pamela, The Serious One (new)

Pamela (WaterSpout) | 555 comments Mod
Heard this was a great book! Based on you comments, I'm guessing my friend is right? :-)

unread topics | mark unread