Bound Together discussion

Winter of the World (The Century Trilogy #2)
This topic is about Winter of the World
Buddy Reads > Winter of the World

Comments (showing 1-8 of 8) (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 48 comments Maureen - Here's our new topic for Winter of the World. I must say - you are a quick reader!

Linda Ostrom (LindaMsPianoBug) I am really looking forward to reading this book too. Have read Fall of Giants, plus his others, Pillars and World etc. I don't have the book yet. Maybe I will get it in time to join the buddy read.

Maureen Michelle wrote: "Maureen - Here's our new topic for Winter of the World. I must say - you are a quick reader!"

It helps that I work at a library:)

Maureen Linda wrote: "I am really looking forward to reading this book too. Have read Fall of Giants, plus his others, Pillars and World etc. I don't have the book yet. Maybe I will get it in time to join the buddy read."

Join in at anytime! We would love to hear your thoughts about the book.

Maureen *FINISHED*

I gave this book 4 stars. I enjoyed this book nearly as much as Fall of Giants. I have only two criticisms of this one though: I did not care for how Follett handled the Daisy character - it was like he wasn't sure what to do with her and his lack of commitment made her seem one dimensional; second I thought the sex scenes in this book were ridiculous, it seemed as if they were just thrown in as some part of a formula - "page _____ we need a sex scene". They were awkward, unnecessary to the story line and jarring to the point that they disrupted the flow of the storytelling. Overall this book was another magnificent saga with a wonderful historical base. I learned a lot and was completely invested in the characters (except for Daisy) the whole time. I will be eagerly anticipating the third volume of this trilogy.

message 6: by ☮Karen (new)

☮Karen | 4572 comments Maureen wrote: "Michelle wrote: "Maureen - Here's our new topic for Winter of the World. I must say - you are a quick reader!"

It helps that I work at a library:)"

So explain how that works, if you work at a library you do nothing but read books all day? Sign me up!

Maureen ☮Karen wrote: "Maureen wrote: "Michelle wrote: "Maureen - Here's our new topic for Winter of the World. I must say - you are a quick reader!"

It helps that I work at a library:)"

So explain how that works, if ..."

No, I wish! But if all of my regular work is done, I can (and do) read :)

Alana (alanasbooks) | 2040 comments Maureen wrote: "*FINISHED*

I gave this book 4 stars. I enjoyed this book nearly as much as Fall of Giants. I have only two criticisms of this one though: I did not care for how Follett handled the Daisy charact..."

Exactly! Very awkward sex scenes.

unread topics | mark unread