Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1)
This topic is about Shiver
ARCHIVES > November 2012: Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater

Comments (showing 1-37 of 37) (37 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Gisbelle | 25553 comments This thread is for the discussions on Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater.

If you include spoiler in your post, please let others know.

message 2: by Vicki (new) - added it

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 21510 comments Is it all right to start this today if we finish it tomorrow? Just wondering.

Gisbelle | 25553 comments Vicki wrote: "Is it all right to start this today if we finish it tomorrow? Just wondering."

Of course :) And come back to discuss with us :D

I haven't started yet though. Probably I will start on the 2nd week of the month :P

Birdie (purple_feather22) | 294 comments I read this whole series when the books first came out. I enjoyed the books but I don't really have any desire to reread them. Should I not participate in the discussions?

Gisbelle | 25553 comments Heather wrote: "I read this whole series when the books first came out. I enjoyed the books but I don't really have any desire to reread them. Should I not participate in the discussions?"

I love to hear what you think about the book :) So please drop by during discussion.

Carly Comtois | 59 comments I started reading it and am actually really liking it so far despite what peoplee say about not being able to get into it :)

Lauren Stoolfire | 22 comments I must say I enjoy the thoughtful and reflective nature of Sam and Grace's relationship.

Gisbelle | 25553 comments I'll read it next week :)

Sapir | 138 comments I've read it a year ago... maybe less?
This book is so much like Twilight - the same sticky romance and pretty much the same story line, but I liked it much better than Twilight.
The characters were deeper and more active than Bella, and there was no love-triangle (YEAH).
Enjoy your read (:

Jan Bethel (jan_bitz) | 108 comments I liked this book. :) I have read the whole series and enjoyed it a lot! It's pretty good. Ever since I read this book, I have been watching for out for Maggie Stiefvater's other books. :)

Gisbelle | 25553 comments Sapir wrote: "I've read it a year ago... maybe less?
This book is so much like Twilight - the same sticky romance and pretty much the same story line, but I liked it much better than Twilight.
The characters wer..."

When you said it was like Twilight, I was like "What have I done to deserve to go through this torture again?" And I read "More active then Bella" ...Phew... Relief!

Gisbelle | 25553 comments I am going to read it after Point of Retreat (Slammed, #2) by Colleen Hoover :) We can discuss after that :D

Sapir | 138 comments Gisbelle wrote: "Sapir wrote: "I've read it a year ago... maybe less?
The ..."

Twilight wasn't THAT bad!! It was enjoyable, actually, but not much more than that.

Gisbelle | 25553 comments Well, we have different opinion of that one, Sapir. I find Twilight very annoying :) It was just an ok series.

message 15: by Lane (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lane Anderson | 52 comments i finally got the book at the library on chapter 6 .. got a lil confused at the beginning i think im on track now..hehehe cant wait to read more!

Gisbelle | 25553 comments Great Lane :) I'll start next week :D

message 17: by Lane (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lane Anderson | 52 comments on chapter 10 and still reading...really liking the book so far hopefully will be finished reading it by the end of the month

Deondra | 2 comments I am on page 71 of Linger. I had just read Shiver a couple days ago. I got the three books last year for my Birthday, and I am so mad at myself for not reading them sooner! Although they are different from other werewolf books, I absolutely adored Shiver and so far Linger also. I love the storyline and the characters, and am really looking forward to what happens in the next two books :)

Gisbelle | 25553 comments Lane wrote: "on chapter 10 and still reading...really liking the book so far hopefully will be finished reading it by the end of the month"

That was fast Lane :D I haven't started yet. But I am going to soon. Once I finish my current read.

Gisbelle | 25553 comments Deondra wrote: "I am on page 71 of Linger. I had just read Shiver a couple days ago. I got the three books last year for my Birthday, and I am so mad at myself for not reading them sooner! Although they are differ..."

Glad to hear you like it :) Nothing makes me happier than receiving books on birthday :D ...

Deondra | 2 comments Gisbelle wrote: "Deondra wrote: "I am on page 71 of Linger. I had just read Shiver a couple days ago. I got the three books last year for my Birthday, and I am so mad at myself for not reading them sooner! Although..."

Agreed!!

message 22: by Lane (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lane Anderson | 52 comments man I am going through withdrawals...Its the weekend and I have been down with the flu havent had a chance to continue reading it..hopefully soon I kick this sickness so I can finish reading. :)

Gisbelle | 25553 comments Lane wrote: "man I am going through withdrawals...Its the weekend and I have been down with the flu havent had a chance to continue reading it..hopefully soon I kick this sickness so I can finish reading. :)"

Aw :( I wish you get better soon :)

message 24: by Lane (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lane Anderson | 52 comments Thanks I feel alot better today got a ton of reading done!!! so excited to finish..I do keep getting confused of who is who and who is talking though throughout the book lol

Gisbelle | 25553 comments Glad to hear you feel better :)

hehe... I cannot wait to read it :) But I have to finish 4 books before that first :(

message 26: by Lane (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lane Anderson | 52 comments wow that is alot of books to be finishing...im suprised to be able to finish this one by the end of the month. Im not that fast of a reader due to having 2 kids and 2 jobs..lol

message 27: by Lane (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lane Anderson | 52 comments is anyone else on chapter 28 or past that?!?!

Alexis (Answer_Unknown) yeah, why?

message 29: by Lane (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lane Anderson | 52 comments just wondering i feel like im reading it slowly have not had much time to be able to read with work and kids and holidays. hope ill be able to finish it by next week

Gisbelle | 25553 comments I feel horrible right now that I might not be able to even start the book this month :( Too busy and I have joined a lot of buddy reads that I had planned to. I might read it after I come back in the first week of December.

message 31: by Lane (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lane Anderson | 52 comments hmm im afraid i might not be able to finish this book this month!!!

Gisbelle | 25553 comments Me neither lol... I am going to start the book on Sunday

Mary  Brown Corbin  (mcorbin) | 1 comments I really enjoyed the "Shiver" series. My only problem was that when I read it the other two books were not out yet so when it was time to read the next book I had forgotten what had gone on...

Gisbelle | 25553 comments That is one of the most annoying fact of reading series books :)

message 35: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (brunettebooknerd) | 18396 comments I know! I hate when I'm reading a series and forget what's going on! That happened to me with Insurgent!

Trisha | 22177 comments I loved this whole series - but the first book was my favorite. I loved this one!

message 37: by Yoly (new)

Yoly | 695 comments Are we reading the second book in February? And we can discuss about it here?

Because I didn't read the first one, but I can read it this week to be able for the second in february.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Point of Retreat (other topics)