Paranormal & Urban Fantasy, Monthly Group Reads discussion

Chit Chat - Getting to Know You > Rachel Caine/Weather Warden Series *SPOILERS*

Comments (showing 1-14 of 14) (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Kathryn (Kathry) So, I just finished Heat Stroke by Rachel Caine and I am very excited to start the third book in the series, Chill Factor. I was wondering if anyone has read this series and what they thought about it. I think this series is one of the fastest paced and intense series I have read. I feel as though I'm holding my breath the entire time I read these books!

Kathryn (Kathry) http://www.rachelcaine.com/Free_Short...

For those who have read the series, in case you did not already know, the author has numerous free short stories on her website. For the Weather series, there is one story in between each book. I have only read the first two and they were very good!

Shanon (Boban) Kathryn wrote: "...I think this series is one of the fastest paced and intense series I have read..."

I just got this series & am excited to read it. Rachel Caine is a great author & I have loved her other books so I'm sure this will be good too.
Your description makes me want to move it up to the top of my To-Read list. I'll start it after I finish the book I'm on!

Kathryn (Kathry) Cool! I think you'll like them but one never knows:) These are very different from what I have already read in urban fantasy. I'm trying to finish up some other books and then I plan on jumping right into book 3. I also have her vampire series waiting to start and I'm looking forward to them!

Shanon (Boban) Kathryn wrote: "Cool! I think you'll like them but one never knows:)..."

Yeah - like me telling you that you'll like Marked... HAH! Sorry about that.

Kathryn (Kathry) No need to be sorry! We won't enjoy all of the same books. Besides, I tend to be overly critical. But I am eagerly awaiting you reading the first in this series. I think all of you in this group should and then someone will be able to talk about it with me:)!!

Shanon (Boban) 1 week & I'll be able to chat about at least the 1st book -k- I can't believe no one else has read it. Maybe we should suggest it for the next Series Read.

Kathryn (Kathry) Good idea!

message 9: by new_user (last edited Feb 18, 2009 08:37PM) (new)

new_user Hm, I read the first book, but I kinda felt that the question of the relationship was resolved in book one, so I was like, why continue? LOL. For me, the romance was my main concern, so I didn't read the next books, but I think it's more of a lite urban fantasy.

Kathryn (Kathry) The romance was not at the forefront of the storyline in the first book. But it's definitely around in the second book. These books remind me more of Kim Harrison's Dead Witch Walking series, especially involving the type of female lead. The romance was not center stage in those books either but was an important element. After reading the second book in this series, David is one of my favorite male characters in any series I've read.

Shanon (Boban) I LOVE David. I think his character was fun & easy to love. He acted so laid back when you know he was just itching to tell Jo what to do! I also thought it was cute that he was REALLY into reading.

Kathryn (Kathry) That's exactly how I felt about David! He is the biggest reason why I continued with the series. I absolutely fell for him in book 2! And I was surprised by his character. I didn't see his true identity coming until later.

I think that's why I like these books so much. They hold lots of surprises and let's face it, this genre can be slightly predictable. Maybe it was just that the author held so much info back. I found that extremely annoying but maybe there was a purpose to her madness!

Shanon (Boban) I'm going to read book 2 sometime in March - I'm actually really excited to read it. I have Undone but heard it is better to read the Weather Warden series first b/c some characters make reapperances.

Kathryn (Kathry) Yeah, I'll probably start book 3 in the next week or two.

Paranormal & Urban Fantasy, Monthly Group Reads

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Chill Factor (other topics)
Heat Stroke (other topics)
Dead Witch Walking (other topics)
Undone (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Rachel Caine (other topics)
Kim Harrison (other topics)