South Shore Readers discussion

The Night Circus
This topic is about The Night Circus
Book Club > Discussion: The Night Circus

Comments (showing 1-16 of 16) (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Jessica | 465 comments Mod
Our November book is The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. Join us in person at our meeting in November in Hingham and/or you can discuss online.

Jackie | 50 comments I'm only 60 pages in and in love.

I am eagerly awaiting a notification that my hold is available from the library. :) I won't push it as far as I did for Defending Jacob though. If I haven't gotten a notice from the library by Saturday, I will buy a copy. :)

I've really been looking forward to reading this one.

Jackie | 50 comments It's a very very quick read. I'm dying to keep reading.

Lynn | 24 comments I loved this book. Worth the investment if you can't get from the library.

I just bought it this evening and should be starting it in the next day. Can't wait!

Joanie | 205 comments Mod
I'm really enjoying this too! My friend said she couldn't get into it and I was a little nervous but now I know she's just nuts.

I am a little over 200 pages in and tearing through this one. I am quite enjoying it.

Though little B asked if it was a library book and when I said no he threw it on the floor. I guess library books have his respect and non-library ones can be handled more roughly. *shrug*

Andrea I really enjoyerd this book a lot! It was one of the more original books I have read in a very long time. I can't make it to the meeting but one of these days I'm going to get to one of them!

Kwoomac | 3 comments Sadly, I was only able to read about 100 pages of this book. Just too slow for me.

Do we have a definite spot? Are we at Rustic Kitchen again? Couldn't remember if we decided.

Scarlet Oak this time.

Thanks! I saw it in events after I wrote that. See you all soon!

I am here. I have a table for 6 in the corner of the main dining room. Ask for me at hostess stand.

Lisa | 22 comments My sister has my copy in hardcover so I am patiently waiting for it to come back so I can join in on the online discussion =)

Jackie | 50 comments I am so sad. I thought the meeting was this Sunday, and I've always wanted to go to Scarlet Oak, and I miss seeing you all.

I loved this book. I loved how it was written, how original it was, but I found the ending almost too acceptable? It was built too completely for me. There was nothing I could really argue with, I guess? Thoughts?

unread topics | mark unread