City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) City of Bones discussion

You know you're a Mortal Instruments fan when...

Comments (showing 1-50 of 229) (229 new)    post a comment »

Taylor Patterson You see swirly tattoos and your first thought is, shadowhunter!

Frenchie You feel as if you've got to wear black EVERYTHING.

Abby You see a motorbike and think the rider is a vampire

Rachel You see weird designs on a wall and you think it's a rune.

Jessica Crone You get ruins tattooed on yourself

Luke Ba After reading the book you go and vist Clare's house and the church that houses the institute and try to get in.
(I tried but the elevator was broken. Sorry about the window Clare and company but I had to get in somehow and saying I came in the name of the angel didn't work.)

Makaylia Everytime you see a motorcycle you think it will fly

Petaa Cee you go to a halloween party as a shadowhunter

Blujeanbooks96 You look at your phone and wish it was one of those demon-detector thingy ma doohickeys.

♥ Innocent Lamb ~ Forever Reading ♥ - AKA Smarties When you find yourself counting down the days until the movie comes out.

message 11: by Abby (new) - rated it 5 stars

Abby ♥ Innocent Lamb ~ Forever Reading ♥ wrote: "When you find yourself counting down the days until the movie comes out."

How many days?

message 12: by Erin (new) - rated it 3 stars

Erin When you buy jewelry based on runes in the books.

Whitney St. Marseille When you wonder if your best friend is a vampire.

message 14: by Anna (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anna McGonnell When you call stupid people that you know 'stupid mundie'!

The Curious Alice When you scream in joy when you read snippets of City of Heavenly Fire!

Megan When you see a young, hot guy with blond hair and cool tattoos and think "why couldn't THAT guy play Jace in the movie?!"

Scrooge Mcduck You start feeling paranoid that everything's glamoured, so you try to "peel" the glamour off of everything...
(Its not like I've tried that or anything ...;P)

Blujeanbooks96 When you scrutinise your drink at a party and timidly sip it just in case you turn into a rat :P

message 19: by The Curious Alice (last edited Nov 02, 2012 06:34AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

The Curious Alice When you can't find your best friend and you think she's at the Hotel Dumort, turning into a vampire.

Sarah when you're 100% sure you dad is evil.

message 21: by Anna (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anna McGonnell When you see a girl with red hair you no longer think 'Oh no ginger is going to eat my soul' but WHERE IS JACE WAYLAND!?

The Curious Alice When you see a gorgeous man and automically think he will be my Jace!

Megan When your cat does something suspiciously intelligent and you wonder if she was captured by the Dark Sisters at some point in her life.

The Curious Alice When you see two old people with a girl and suddenly get suspicious.

Clara When you start using Jace Wayland as an everyday reference, even though he's not real and none of your friends have read the books.

Deondra Anna wrote: "When you call stupid people that you know 'stupid mundie'!"

yes!

The Curious Alice Anna wrote: "When you call stupid people that you know 'stupid mundie'!"

I've always wanted to do that!

The Curious Alice Where you're wondering where to find a gold bracelet like Isabelle's that transforms into a whip.

message 29: by Anna (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anna McGonnell When you see a boy with blue eyes and black hair you fan girl

message 30: by Esme (new) - rated it 5 stars

Esme Erin wrote: "When you buy jewelry based on runes in the books."

where can you get this jewellery?

The Curious Alice you can buy it on cassandra clare's website she has a link for it

message 32: by Sky (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sky Cassar When every guy you see with a funny hair style and black eyeliner is Magnus Bane (coughAdamlambertcough)

The Curious Alice (haha so true)

When you start nicknaming your gay friend Alec.

Sandra Jazmine wrote: "Where you're wondering where to find a gold bracelet like Isabelle's that transforms into a whip."

hell yes!!!

Sandra Esme wrote: "Erin wrote: "When you buy jewelry based on runes in the books."

where can you get this jewellery?"

yeah. tell us!

Sandra Jazmine wrote: "(haha so true)

When you start nicknaming your gay friend Alec."

lol

Sandra when you see someone with glitter in their hair and yell "Magnus"!

The Curious Alice Wanting to dye your hair red just to call yourself Clary.

message 39: by Esme (new) - rated it 5 stars

Esme Jazmine wrote: "you can buy it on cassandra clare's website she has a link for it"

please give me a link :D, because I can't find it :(

The Curious Alice i can't find it anymore i remember looking at it once though

message 41: by Esme (new) - rated it 5 stars

Esme whenever you see a dictionary or poetry you crack up laughing thinking of Jace's comment in the first book

message 42: by Erin (new) - rated it 3 stars

Erin Esme wrote: "Erin wrote: "When you buy jewelry based on runes in the books."

where can you get this jewellery?"

http://hebeldesign.com/Clairvoyant-Si...

She handmakes all her jewelry.

Linda Lemons http://mortalinstruments.net/?p=105 heres one two for jewwllery

message 44: by Esme (new) - rated it 5 stars

Esme I LOVE THIS WEBSITE!

message 45: by Erin (new) - rated it 3 stars

Erin Esme wrote: "I LOVE THIS WEBSITE!"

Yes that how I felt when I first found it. Actually I still do :)

The Curious Alice I so need some Mortal Instruments jewelry.

Sandra now i have to buy some.

Michelle Jazmine wrote: "When you scream in joy when you read snippets of City of Heavenly Fire!"

where did you read a part of CoHF. i need to know!!!

The Curious Alice Michelle wrote: "Jazmine wrote: "When you scream in joy when you read snippets of City of Heavenly Fire!"

where did you read a part of CoHF. i need to know!!!"

There is a website called TMI source and it's got short snippets of CoHF. It's also got movie updates.

message 50: by Jade (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jade Everytime you see a snarky comment, you think, that's something Jace would have said

« previous 1 3 4 5

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

City of Bones (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Oliver Phommavanh (other topics)