Romance Lovers for the Challenge-Impaired discussion

Slammed (Slammed, #1)
This topic is about Slammed
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived "Buddy Reads" > Slammed by Colleen Hoover, starts 29th November

Comments (showing 1-30 of 30) (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Night Swimmer (Online Elf), Moderator (last edited Oct 26, 2012 04:10AM) (new)

Night Swimmer (Online Elf) | 2091 comments

Welcome to our Buddy Read. Stop by and say "Hi" and while you're here let us know what your thoughts are on the book... OR... stay and answer discussion questions, volunteer to post some, or just chose to comment on the ones you want.

This will be an open discussion of Slammed, by Colleen Hoover.
PLEASE EXPECT SPOILERS!

♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡

Goodreads Synopsis

Layken's father died suddenly, leaving her to gather every ounce of strength to be a pillar for her family, in order to prevent their world from falling apart. Now her life is taking another unexpected turn…
Layken's mother gets a job which leads to an unwanted move across country. However, a new home means new neighbours… and Layken's new neighbour is the very attractive Will Cooper.
Will has an intriguing passion for slam poetry, and a matching passion for life. The two feel an irresistible attraction but are rocked to the core when a shocking revelation brings their romance to a screeching halt.
Layken and Will must find a way to fight the forces that threaten to tear them apart… or learn to live without each other.

♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡

Participants

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 5871 comments YAY! I have this and haven't gotten around to it even though all my GR friends have had rave reviews about it. I'm in :)

Elishia | 2420 comments I'll prob read before then but if not then i'm in.

Carrie (ICanHasBooks?) | 687 comments Yay <3

I'll definitely be poking my nose in here to see what everyone thinks.

message 5: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - added it

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 5932 comments I was just watching mirror mirror and I think I want to read a paranormal Ya. If I haven't got around to read that by the end November I'll read this with you

CaroB (CarobSimms) | 5491 comments I've just bought this! I'm in!

message 8: by Gisela, Moderator (new) - added it

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 2087 comments If I get it on time I'll join!

Elishia | 2420 comments I couldn't wait and read them they were brilliant

Kimberly I'll try to join in!

CaroB (CarobSimms) | 5491 comments Oh, great Gisela and Kimberly! The more the merrier, I'm really looking forward to this one!

CaroB (CarobSimms) | 5491 comments Is everyone still in for this one???

message 13: by Gisela, Moderator (new) - added it

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 2087 comments Eep I forgot! have to load it on my reader and I'm ready to go!

CaroB (CarobSimms) | 5491 comments Ok, I'm starting this today :-)

Elishia | 2420 comments I've read them already earlier in the month, i couldn't wait.

Rebecca (LadyBeccaBoo) | 218 comments This is a GREAT book. Read it a few months ago. Hopefully I will remember to pop in and see what everyone thinks! Happy reading!

CaroB (CarobSimms) | 5491 comments Definitely feel free to pop and make some comments.

Nikita | 127 comments will start this today as well

CaroB (CarobSimms) | 5491 comments OK, I started this yesterday morning, and have to admit it took me a few chapters to get into it, but then Young-Adult isn't usually my most favouritest romantic sub-genre...

How are you all going?
What do you think of Layken?

Rebecca (LadyBeccaBoo) | 218 comments The real question is... what does everyone think of WILL? :D

Carrie (ICanHasBooks?) | 687 comments Will is very swoon worthy *sigh*

CaroB (CarobSimms) | 5491 comments He completely is! I was having mushy moments reading this book. They're both so young and yet have had so much in their lives to overcome.
I found myself wishing there was somewhere near me that did slam nights too!
Layken's refusal to face her problems is understandable but SO frustrating.

Rebecca (LadyBeccaBoo) | 218 comments I know right? Stop carving pumpkins!

CaroB (CarobSimms) | 5491 comments Rebecca, will you continue on with Point of Retreat?

Rebecca (LadyBeccaBoo) | 218 comments Oh yes, I read point of retreat right after I finished. Also great. "Butterflying " great :) (joke from the 2nd book)

CaroB (CarobSimms) | 5491 comments Lol! I found myself wanting to say that yesterday to a friend, but I stopped myself because I knew she wouldn't understand.

Rebecca (LadyBeccaBoo) | 218 comments I hate it when that happens!

Nikita | 127 comments Just finished the book and thought it was amazing. I could relate to Layken with avoiding her problems as its something I do a lot and Will is definitely swoon-worthy. I absolutely LOVED Eddie and Gavin and hope the author decides to write a book with them.

Carrie (ICanHasBooks?) | 687 comments There is suppose to be a third from what I hear, and Slammed is getting turned into a movie I do believe.

CaroB (CarobSimms) | 5491 comments This would work so well for a movie! And it might encourage more "slams" to start up locally... I can only hope!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.

Romance Lovers for the Challenge-Impaired

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Slammed (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Colleen Hoover (other topics)