The Perfect Game (The Perfect Game, #1) The Perfect Game discussion

What did you think?

Comments (showing 1-49 of 49) (49 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Summer I know there are a lot of people that recently read/are currently reading this book, so here is a place to chat about it without having to clutter up the review comments areas between all of us :)

Summer So I am only to the point where Cass is going up to visit Jack for the first time in Northern Calif. I am already rooting for a second book to be Dean's story!

Kellie is a bookwhoreasaurus OH You need to read to come back here so we can discuss when you get to 68%!!!

Summer Kellie wrote: "OH You need to read to come back here so we can discuss when you get to 68%!!!"

I REALLY want to read, but I am stuck at work 'til 5 :( I truly thought about calling in sick, but I had to open this morning. I listen to the book in the car while commuting and will also listen while I make supper. Once the kids are in bed I won't move from the couch thou until this book is finished.

Jessica Viteri GRRRRRR! This will be the first of my reactions. I loved the book but damn I could not DEAL with his mistake.

Summer I must admit that the start of this book reminded me greatly of Taking Chances by Molly McAdams. I think the only difference between the two is there was a love triangle in Taking Chances. (but it does have the whole cheating/pregnancy thing).

Jessica Viteri Oh I've had "Taking Chances" collecting dust in my Kindle because I have heard so many readers talking about this book and the angst that comes with it. I am not one for triangles but I have heard it's a great read. So I may start this book on a day where it's super sunny and I feel super happy where this book won't put me in a fowl mood.

Summer I must admit that I LOVED the humorous banter in that book. I found it much better than the meeting of Cassie and Jack in The Perfect Game. The difference in pet names (Kitten vs. Princess).

This was my favoirte Quote from Taking Chances: http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/63713...

Jessica Viteri Hmmm...I love a good, humorous banter book. I might pick this up sooner then I thought and start reading it.

Kellie is a bookwhoreasaurus Taking Chances will put u in the that mood no matter what the day is like..

Chase is HAWWTT and Brandon is HAAWWT..

Brandon a bit too try hard Travis Maddox but a bit too perfect for me.

But I did really like it. Harper just shit me that's all LOL

Jessica Viteri Kellie wrote: "Taking Chances will put u in the that mood no matter what the day is like..

Chase is HAWWTT and Brandon is HAAWWT..

Brandon a bit too try hard Travis Maddox but a bit too perfect for me.

But ..."

Travis friggin Maddox!!!!!!!!! YUM-E!!!!!

message 12: by Kellie is a bookwhoreasaurus (last edited Oct 24, 2012 08:41AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kellie is a bookwhoreasaurus OH HELLS YEAH!!!

But Brandon is an undergound MMA fighter...
has tattoo's...

Umm hello wannabe Travis?!
there is only one Travis as
TRAVIS IS GOD!

and Chase sounds a bit Kellan Kyleish...

I hope I'm not turning you off...
It is a good book...

message 13: by Lisa (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa I have never TRULY cried during a book. A bit of tears and emotion, yes. But this book made me truly cry!! My husband thought I was losing it!! This is so emotional.

Kellie is a bookwhoreasaurus Lisa wrote: "I have never TRULY cried during a book. A bit of tears and emotion, yes. But this book made me truly cry!! My husband thought I was losing it!! This is so emotional."

How bad was it Lisa? Have u finsihed? or u cried at the first bomb drop?

Stefanie Smith o my god was up till 2am reading this and finished it at breakfast time i loved it so much it was so emotional she is a great author cant wait to read more of her books :)

Stefanie Smith Jessica wrote: "Oh I've had "Taking Chances" collecting dust in my Kindle because I have heard so many readers talking about this book and the angst that comes with it. I am not one for triangles but I have heard ..."
me to i am the same dont think i am ready for it :)

Summer So I finished this one up and I would have totally taken Jack back too! I must admit that I cried more durring Taking Chances though.

(view spoiler)

Sleepy Taking chances I personally did not like I thought the way the shocker happened was just tasteless but yea I literally cried like if I knew this person.!!! Not for me! Love CHASE though!!!

As for perfect game I was so upset with his mistake and the fa t that he was "trying to do the right thing" I was so upset actually yelled no!! But as much as I didn't want her to take him back I did want them to be together!! I'm glad it wasn't right away, she let months go bythata what made it more realisitic it wasn't ok the bitch lied I want u back HEA! This ending was so cute!

Kellie is a bookwhoreasaurus Ok I'm back online now so I can say everything I wanted to say cos you have all finsihed (hopefully!)

Sleepy - I HATED THE WAY CHASE DIED IN TC!
It was like "I was walking to the shops when Chase died, I was going to buy a coke and some chips."

YOU DON'T JUST DROP IT LIKE SHE DID! and it shit me cos Chase would of made a great Dad! but I still loved the book...

Ok anyway

PG- Shit really Jack? I understand your mum and dad left you and you wanted to do the right thing.... but didn't he get an ultrasound, pregnancy test or anything? and then to marry her!! Could of just been engaged for a bit... I screamed at him for that.. Even when EVERYONE told him not to go thru with the wedding... UGH stupid Fuckhead!

and yes I finally did forgive him with that apology! but to still not call for 6 months was a bit much?

Kellie is a bookwhoreasaurus Oh and I know this is about The Perfect Game but seeings how we have already discussed Beautiful Disaster, Thoughtless and Taking Chances.

Has anyone read Undeniable
I just finsihed and it is my new fav book ever!
MUCH darker than any of these but much more real.. and alpha badass biker!
It's like
Sons of Anarchy on Crack crossed with Motorcycle Man (KA) on crack

Summer I had the same thoughts on both books too Kellie!

Also now I am gonna go check out Undeniable! Love Sons of Anarchy!

Sleepy Kelli no I haven't read that one but I'm trying to find a really good book that I can't put down so ill look at undeniable! Love motorcycles he got any tattoos!! I love alpha males!!!

Sleepy Exactly it was poorly done chase deserved some respect!!!

Elena Kellie wrote: "Ok I'm back online now so I can say everything I wanted to say cos you have all finsihed (hopefully!)

Sleepy - I HATED THE WAY CHASE DIED IN TC!
It was like "I was walking to the shops when Chas..."

I thougth the same! I mean the chick was a slut and he just goes and believes her!! come on now a days everybody knows that you can get ultrasounds and hospital tests and all those things!!
I seriously felt my heart constrict with this story!! literally there was a point where I couldn't breath

Kellie is a bookwhoreasaurus Sleepy wrote: "Kelli no I haven't read that one but I'm trying to find a really good book that I can't put down so ill look at undeniable! Love motorcycles he got any tattoos!! I love alpha males!!!"

I couldn't put it down! Read it on an international flight, only stopped to eat!

Sleepy Oh my god kellie bought "undeniable" last night stayed up till 2 and finished it today!! O wow wow wow thank u so much for the recommendation I loved loved loved this book!! This is exactly what I needed I wanted something different something I couldn't put down and I got it all in this book! Very different than I've read before not ur typical love story which I LOvED!!!

Kellie is a bookwhoreasaurus Awesome!!!!
I'm so happy for you!

Are u into paranormal romance at all? I read some cool ones of that not long ago as well

Sleepy I haven't really read any paranormal romance, but if u have any suggestions I'm open to them, I know I have fal from grace on my tbr list. That's supposed to be paranormal romance and seems really interesting!!

Kellie is a bookwhoreasaurus That's what I wsa going to suggest!!

It was awesome! Just make sure you have the second one as well...

and also Feral Sins

It is about Werewolves, but a lot of sex. Piss your pants funny and alpha males and females...
If your not into PNR then it may not be for you. But it was only $3.

The same author wrote From Rags and I LOVED that too.. and it was only $1.50 on Amazon

Sleepy Ok thanks ima check them out!

message 31: by MaL (new) - rated it 2 stars

MaL It was awful! A totally Beautiful Disaster rip off. And all that usless dialogue! Ugh I personally thought it was stupid.

Aimee Groome Jessica wrote: "GRRRRRR! This will be the first of my reactions. I loved the book but damn I could not DEAL with his mistake."

omg i am so please someone feels the same, i loved the book but to be honest i just couldnt forgive him. it played on my mind for days after i finished reading it lol

Julie MaL wrote: "It was awful! A totally Beautiful Disaster rip off. And all that usless dialogue! Ugh I personally thought it was stupid."

Yes, there were parts of this books that did remind of "Beautiful Disaster", However, Travis never cheated on Pidgeon after they started dating. I totally fell in love with Jack, but hated him at the same time. I totally knew he was going to cheat on her when he couldn't promise that he wouldn't hurt her on purpose. I'm glad this book had a HEA for both Jack and Cassie and I'm totally hoping there will be a book 2 (with Jack's brother Dean).

Beckie Boo I literally just finished this book and had to see if someone felt the way I did. When we met Jack I saw the ghost of BD past (operative work ..ghost)I think if id have stopped this book after before the cheating scene I might have been able to redeem this it I was enjoying it before then even though I found cassie to be a bit of a spineless punching bag for someone who was supposed to be sassy.
But in the end she didnt learn, this guys actions didnt match his words at any time through the book and she just kept forgiving him hell by the end of the book I was pretty sure he could have just knocked on the door yelled "POP GOES THE WEASEL" and socked her in the jaw an i'm pretty sure shed still have yelled "what list of rules" as she jellyfished to the floor all the better for him to wipe his feet. guess thats why he felt the need to write them down for her .....

Sleepy Julie wrote: "MaL wrote: "It was awful! A totally Beautiful Disaster rip off. And all that usless dialogue! Ugh I personally thought it was stupid."

Yes, there were parts of this books that did remind of "Beaut..."

Read on her page book 2 will be coming out and its going to be called The Game Changer.

message 36: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy I really liked this book!

Nasreen I liked this book. However, the fact that Cassie forgave him so easily irritated me. And when she went to see him to beg him not to marry his baby mama......like SERIOUSLY!!!!!!

message 38: by Exzetta (last edited Jan 15, 2013 02:01PM) (new) - added it

Exzetta The ending was to neat. It would have been better to have them work out with the distance(dont want to give anything away). Yup to me that would have been a better ending.

message 39: by Exzetta (last edited Jan 15, 2013 02:03PM) (new) - added it

Exzetta Aimee wrote: "Jessica wrote: "GRRRRRR! This will be the first of my reactions. I loved the book but damn I could not DEAL with his mistake."

omg i am so please someone feels the same, i loved the book but to be..."

I could deal with it. As he warned her he would mess up. You have to look behind WHY and since there was NOTHING behind the WHY. It CAN be worked out.

Sheri I loved this book. I was really mad at Jack for his mistake, but proud of him for owning up to it. I cannot wait to read the next one.

Kellie is a bookwhoreasaurus Sheri wrote: "I loved this book. I was really mad at Jack for his mistake, but proud of him for owning up to it. I cannot wait to read the next one."

I honestly don't know what to think about the next one...
I liked the way it ended after Jack wasn't such a f'n douche.
If he fucks up again??!! GAH I just dont know?!?! lol

Argie that book was an emotionl roller coaster for me, it made me laugh, make my heart ache and bring it all up again. I get why she forgave him and I get why she asked him not to marry her... in the end she was right!!

Alicia i i totally enjoyed this book

Sarah After Jack's mistake ughhhh I was so mad at him lol. But by the end of the book I was satisfied and I really enjoyed reading this book.

Bridie-No excuses. No apologies. No Regrets Jones Anyone prefer his brother? Jack pissed me off, he cheated for so good reason at all, just because he was weak and an idiot. Sorry, i know this is fiction and i let most things slide, but with this i think Cassie should have deserved better. Maybe she will in the second book. x

Aimee Crant-oksa Just finished the 3rd book! So loved this series..... I forgave Jack along with Cassie. I smiled, laughed, cried, had angst. So connected with the characters. I need more stories like this to read

Erika Aimee wrote: "Just finished the 3rd book! So loved this series..... I forgave Jack along with Cassie. I smiled, laughed, cried, had angst. So connected with the characters. I need more stories like this to read"

I just finished the 3rd book in the series also, and although I couldn't believe Jack cheated in the first one I thought this series was great. I love an alpha man, and he certainly was one. I think it was extremely strong of Cassie to forgive him and want to have a life with him. I think we saw how he evolved from a kid in college to a man. I love the way the series ended with the son knowing about the quarters and being grossed out. LOL. I think this was a great series about love and forgiveness.

Aimee Crant-oksa Def agree Erica with your comments

Rebecca i have read the first 2 and boy i loved them bolth so sweet , hot , romantic and heart breaking cant wait for book 3 and than i will buy them to keep them on my shelf.

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

The Perfect Game (other topics)
Taking Chances (other topics)
Undeniable (other topics)
Feral Sins (other topics)
From Rags (other topics)