Camy Tang/Camille Elliot discussion

What are you reading this week?

Comments (showing 1-50 of 80) (80 new)    post a comment »

Camy (camytang) | 1164 comments Mod
Hi guys, Any Halloween or fall-themed books you're reading? I'm reading a few Love Inspired Suspense novels, which have fall or Christmas themes, so I'm definitely getting in the mood for Christmas!

Ladette (pwnmom) | 10 comments I just finished Anita Higman's A Merry Little Christmas -- it was GREAT! I am now reading Tricia Goyer's The Memory Jar... no holiday theme there, but it is good so far! :)

Judy | 180 comments Between my proofreading work I have been trying to get some NetGalley books read. I have been reading The Rake's Redemption by Regina Scott which is really good. Nothing about fall in it though.

Ladette I love both Anita and Tricia!!!!

Judy--OOOOOHHHH I LOVE Regina Scott!!! I still have to read that book--I haven't had time for pleasure reading lately, I've been busy with reading for work!

Helen Bratko | 2 comments I'm reading Time Sniffers by CS Lakin and really enjoying it. No fall theme here either. I'm not ready for you saying the "C" word in October, either!

Ausjenny | 222 comments Im reading a Light in the Window by Julie Lessman

Ma | 1 comments I'm rereading The Witch of Blackbird Pond as part of my Newbery reading project. I'm reading all the Newbery medal books in chronological order, oldest to newest. The Witch of Blackbird Pond is not so much a Halloween book, but it makes a great Thanksgiving book. It's about Puritans in Connecticut in the 17th century.

Helen, I suppose it's the colder weather getting me in the mood! :)

Ausjenny, I haven't read that one of hers yet!

Ma, I LOVED The Witch of Blackbird Pond! I thought it was awesome!

Ausjenny | 222 comments I am enjoying it but its slow going for me I would love to read more but I am just so exhausted at night.

I'm so sorry about that! I'll be praying for you. You just went through a lot. Don't push yourself, okay?

Rose | 31 comments I just finished reading Savannah Comes Undone by Denise Hildreth and The Someday List by Stacy Hawkins Adams. And now I'm reading The Last Rhinos: My Battle to Save One of the World's Greatest Creatures by Lawrence Anthony with Graham Spence. Both would have more summer themes.

Ausjenny | 222 comments Thanks Camy I just wish I could sleep at night thats my main issue. I read for an hour this morning so only have 40% to go. but need it read by tomorrow night. Im not pushing it to much. although being told be someone they are coming to look at furniture the landlord offered them did make me tidy up and I love having a clean house!

Rose, I love Denise Hildreth. She always pens a good story!

Ausjenny, I love having a clean house too!!!!

Susan F | 29 comments I'm reading Lesson of the Poinsettia by Mildred Colvin. It's a sweet story.

Yay, a Christmas themed book!

Ausjenny | 222 comments Finished Julie's book and its good. Yes having a clean house is good still waiting for people to come so the house is getting cleaner!

message 18: by Susan F (last edited Oct 26, 2012 05:14PM) (new)

Susan F | 29 comments I finished the Poinsettia book and read Ace Collins, The Christmas Star today. Hard to put down.

Terri (Terrie) | 39 comments I am reading Susan may warren's book "my foolish heart"

Susan I heard Ace's book was good!

Terri, Susan May Warren is always a good read for me! I haven't read that one yet.

Susan F | 29 comments It is Camy. It was not what I expected. I really enjoyed it.

Veronica | 4 comments My foolish heart was amazing! I really like her Deep Haven series. I have a review here: http://shopgirl152ny.blogspot.com/201.... I really enjoyed With Every Letter (Wings of the Nightingale, #1) by Sarah Sundin too.
I just finished Full Disclosure by Dee Henderson and it was interesting, but not what I expected. I have reviews of these two on my blog also. I read Steppin' Into the Good Life by Tia McCollors yesterday and enjoyed it and am reading Thirsty by Tracey Bateman now and will write reviews of those soon.

Shatara (lovepinkish) | 16 comments This week ill be starting 'The Christmas Witness' by Susan Steeman. I'm excited to start this read. Although Thanksgiving hasn't pass yet I'm looking forward to the Christmas holidays!

Veronica, I'm glad you told me that about Full Disclosure! That's on my TBR pile. I read Thirsty and liked it! Also not what I expected.

Shatara that's on my TBR pile near the top! I love reading Christmas books this time of year!!!!

Ausjenny | 222 comments im reading Shattered Silence by Margaret Daley

Ooooh that's on my TBR pile, too! I really liked Saving Hope, the first book in Margaret's Texas Rangers series.

Ausjenny | 222 comments I loved saving hope and this one is so good also. dealing with bullying this time. And another cute ranger.

Cara Lynn (CaraLynnJames) | 6 comments I'm reading the Twelve Clues of Christmas by Rhys Bowen. It's a historical set during the 1930s in England. Love it!

Heather (carolinacowgirl) | 81 comments I'm trudging through "World War Z" which starts out enthralling but quickly left me feeling brain dead. At this point I'm rooting for the zombies. It had the potential to rank up there with the Left Behind series but I'm about to file it in the life's too short bin and put it down before the end. "Finding Christmas" by Gail Gaymer Martin (Love Inspired)is on the top of my TBR pile.

Cara Lynn (CaraLynnJames) | 6 comments I read The Witch of Blackbird Pond years ago and I loved it! I read so much I don't remember all the stories. But this one stuck in my mind.

My next Christmas themed book will be A Light in the Window by Julie Lessman.

Sarah (Reader_Mom) | 13 comments I'm currently reading 'Shepherds Abiding' by Jan Karon. I read it every year around this time. Get's me in the Christmas mood (yes, my tree is already up).
Also kind of trudging through 'Full Disclosure' by Dee Henderson. Just not feeling it at this point... I have so many more in my TBR pile, I'm wondering if I should just come back to it sometime later.

Ausjenny | 222 comments Camy Shattered Hope is really good and really shows how bullying can affect a person for life. (I know that as its affected me that way) but it really does show how it can affect people and it shows different types of bullying. I didn't want it to end.

Cara wrote: "I'm reading the Twelve Clues of Christmas by Rhys Bowen. It's a historical set during the 1930s in England. Love it!"

Now I totally have to look that up! I love early 1900s and England!!!!

Heather wrote: "I'm trudging through "World War Z" which starts out enthralling but quickly left me feeling brain dead. At this point I'm rooting for the zombies. It had the potential to rank up there with the Lef..."

LOL I should mention this to my husband, he loves Zombies.

Sarah wrote: "I'm currently reading 'Shepherds Abiding' by Jan Karon. I read it every year around this time. Get's me in the Christmas mood (yes, my tree is already up).
Also kind of trudging through 'Full D..."

You really have your tree up already??? You are awesome!!!

Ausjenny wrote: "Camy Shattered Hope is really good and really shows how bullying can affect a person for life. (I know that as its affected me that way) but it really does show how it can affect people and it show..."

That's an awesome endorsement for it! But I also know Margaret's a great writer so I'm not surprised!

Rebekah Gyger | 3 comments Judy wrote: "Between my proofreading work I have been trying to get some NetGalley books read. I have been reading The Rake's Redemption by Regina Scott which is really good. Nothing about fall in it though."

I just read The Rogue's Reform and I loved it.

Rebekah Gyger | 3 comments Currently I am not reading anything but I just finished the 13th Tribe and plan to start The Recruit.

Susan F | 29 comments I'm reading On Tenterhooks by new (Goodreads member) author, Greever Williams. It's a supernatural thriller. It's a 'cool' concept and I'm enjoying it. I'll be sure to review it for all of you. :)

Rebekah, I've got the 13th Tribe on my TBR pile! Was it good?

Thanks, Susan! I think it's great you're reading a new author, too!

I just finished reading The Talisman by Dawn Lindsey. It was a typical Regency in the old-fashioned style, and it was entertaining, but something about the dialogue didn't quite grab me.

Rose | 31 comments I'm half way through The Devil's Dime (The Samaritan Files, Book One) by Bailey Bristol. It's a mystery with a little romance and suspense. It's set in 1896 New York City. And add an investigative reporter Jess Pepper and an independent violinist Adelaide Magee.

Wow what a great combo for characters and setting!

Melanie (LoveBeingVegan) | 7 comments I'm reading:

Placebo  A Jevin Banks Novel by Steven James Trinity  Military War Dog (A Breed Apart, # 1) by Ronie Kendig Understanding Theology in 15 Minutes a Day by Daryl Aaron

Hoping to finish Placebo today. :)

Susan F | 29 comments Hi Ladette, How did you feel about Unexpected Christmas Hero? I read it to review. I'm curious about your reaction.

Shatara (lovepinkish) | 16 comments I started reading Dark Alliance by Anne Patrick this week! Pretty good so far.

Melanie wrote: "I'm reading:

Placebo  A Jevin Banks Novel by Steven JamesTrinity  Military War Dog (A Breed Apart, # 1) by Ronie KendigUnderstanding Theology in 15 Minutes a Day by Daryl Aaron

Hoping to finish Placeb..."

Let me know how you liked it!

Ladette wrote: "I just finishedUnexpected Christmas Hero

And now I am reading (about to finish) A Duke's Promise: A Forgotten Castles Novel and Forgotten Portals: Rise of the Magi

Next I will start: Spring Me..."

Ooh, I have A Duke's Promise on my TBR pile!

Susan F wrote: "Hi Ladette, How did you feel about Unexpected Christmas Hero? I read it to review. I'm curious about your reaction."

I'm curious too. I heard it was really good.

« previous 1

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

With Every Letter (other topics)
Steppin' Into the Good Life (other topics)
Thirsty (other topics)
Saving Hope (other topics)
The Talisman (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Regina Scott (other topics)