Addicted to YA discussion

The Evolution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #2)
This topic is about The Evolution of Mara Dyer
Series > The Evolution of Mara Dyer

Comments (showing 1-37 of 37) (37 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - added it

Erika (livingforthebooks) | 4031 comments Mod

Holly Biggs | 10 comments It was so confusingly wonderful! I thouroughly enjoyed the first book and really enjoyed this second installment. I agree in that it is very strange, but that's why I loved it! I cannot wait for the final book in the trilogy!

message 3: by Ali (new)

Ali (Alimut) Honestly, I don't really remember exactly what happened in this book. I read it, but it doesn't pop out in my memory. It was one of those books that seem interesting when you read the blurb, but kind of disappointing when you actually read it. Not the best book in the world.

message 4: by Venise (new) - added it

Venise Webb (vwebb) | 23 comments I absolutely loved the first one and was waiting on pins and needles for the second one. Yet, I can't force myself to read more than a few pages for some reason. I'm going to try again. Maybe my mind was on other things during this.

message 5: by Ela (new) - added it

Ela | 793 comments I loved the scene when she woke up surrounded by animal crackers! So funny!

Veronica | 444 comments Stunning

Alaina (Bibliophilic Barista) (bibliobarista) | 9 comments I love this series so far. The first book was amazing and I loved the second one too. I just wish the next one would come out soon because that ending was brutal.

Kirsty Hughes (thirstkirst_) | 13 comments Definitely a great series so far. I loved every page of these books with all the twists and Noah Shaw a.k.a. The Greatest. I have really high hopes for the third book.

Thalia (thalia_gr922) | 3 comments Every time I want to describe this book the word "weird" comes in mind..Good weird though! I really liked it and I was always surprised by the course of events...Cant wait for the second one!

Crystal Elizabeth | 41 comments God this one left me reeling, in a good way. Michelle Hodkin just pulled the carpet out from under me .. Again. I have no idea what's going on with this series. So excited for Retribution. Hope it's a good final book, lately the final books of a series haven't been having much luck.

Kierstan (bbkiwi) | 14 comments I loved this book! I read the first book in the series. It left me feeling confused and unsure if I even wanted to continue reading the series. The Evolution of Mara Dyer was so much better by far! I couldn't put it down. The character growth was so good. I loved where the story is going. I can't wait until November for the last book in this series.

There is so much that happens in this book! It answers so many questions the first book left open ended.

Elizabeth This book left me breathless! I'm only sad that i have to wait until November for the final book! I just love the relationships between the characters.... Mara and Noah.... Mara and her two brothers!!!! I wish i understood all of the flasback scenes! I cant wait to see what happens next!

message 13: by Zia (new) - rated it 4 stars

Zia | 1 comments The book was really wonderful! It is one of my faves so far... really couldn't wait for the final epic conclusion of Mara Dyer!! :D

message 14: by SashaSay (new) - added it

SashaSay | 5 comments I love this! It was weird but I enjoyed the twists and turns in the book. The best thing is that it isn't that predictable unlike with other series... I can't wait for Retribution!

Hanni | 14 comments this book is insanely awesome and weird and confusing and AWESOME :)

message 16: by Sarahburg (new) - added it

Sarahburg | 3 comments a must read. you will fall in love with Mara and her story. she's freaking awesome.

Chloe Jane | 27 comments AMAZING

message 18: by shahar (new)

shahar (shahart) I just finished this and oh my god it was so good and I can't even think of anything else I have book hangover!

Laaiba (thelaaibarary) (thelaaibarary) | 6 comments Finished the first two books a few weeks ago and they've definitely become some of my favorite books. I can't wait for The Retribution of Mara Dyer to come out! and do I even have to mention Noah Shaw...

Emily Heinen | 22 comments These books brought me out of a two-month reading slump. One of my all-time favorite series, I am counting down the days until The Retribution of Mara Dyer!! the books are captivating and romantic and mysterious and too amazing for words! :)

Haily Claire (hailyhay) | 59 comments I almost quit reading this book toward the end because it seemed a little lacking in action for awhile, but I forced myself to finish it, and I'm sooooooooo glad I did. The ending blew. My. Mind. And left me dying to see Noah. I can't wait for Retribution.

message 22: by shahar (new)

shahar (shahart) Haily wrote: "I almost quit reading this book toward the end because it seemed a little lacking in action for awhile, but I forced myself to finish it, and I'm sooooooooo glad I did. The ending blew. My. Mind...."

LACKING IN ACTION?! Are you kidding me? That book has tons of action and suspense!

message 23: by Labrea (new)

Labrea Marie | 2 comments Okay so i got that Stella could read people's thoughts but what was Jaime's power ???

message 24: by shahar (new)

shahar (shahart) Labrea wrote: "Okay so i got that Stella could read people's thoughts but what was Jaime's power ???"

It's not really known yet, I think.

message 25: by Labrea (new)

Labrea Marie | 2 comments Shahar wrote: "Labrea wrote: "Okay so i got that Stella could read people's thoughts but what was Jaime's power ???"

It's not really known yet, I think."

OOh okay i wasnt sure. I thought i might have missed the part of something lol

Aubrie (aubbriee) | 25 comments The cliffhanger at the end....WOW!! I was confused and intrigued by the unbecoming of mara dyer, but the evolution of mara dyer took it to the next level. I was mind blown by the end of this book. I can't wait till the retribution of mara dyer.

message 27: by Zoe (new) - rated it 5 stars

Zoe | 11 comments This series is certainly one of my favorites! After reading the first book, I couldn't wait to get my hands on the second, which I loved just as much if not more. While reading it, I was so confused half the time, but loved it nonetheless. By the end, my mind was so clogged up with thoughts about the book that I couldn't process anything else. I was left in denial over what had just happened, and longing for the Retribution of Mara Dyer.

message 28: by shahar (new)

shahar (shahart) People, Michelle Hodkin is having personal issues and she asked all of her fans to please review her book (anywhere) and tell their friends to read the series.

Brooklin Banks | 172 comments LOVED THIS BOOK SOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!

Ricky (Spider-Fan) | 832 comments My review here. (SPOILER ALERT!) (Have fun enjoying the GIFs.)

I really need the next book now. #noahissocool #wannahugmara #ballpitofdenial

message 31: by Alienor ✘ French frowner ✘ (last edited Jul 31, 2014 04:52AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Alienor ✘ French frowner ✘ I love this one but kind of need to write what happens on a piece of paper to understand :D - I feel a little lost and that's really great!! I don't know who can be trusted, but I chose to trust Noa, I hope I'm right!

message 32: by Jess (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jess (myreadingdress) | 35 comments I mulled for ages before coming up with a theory that I thought seemed quite plausible--it's biotech related. Biotech theory

Larissa | 125 comments did anyone have the same opinion as me that this 1 was actually btter than the 1st very rare in a triogy

Ricky (Spider-Fan) | 832 comments Yes, except for the "rare in a trilogy" part. I enjoyed Catching Fire, Unravel Me, Prodigy, etc. more than their predecessors.

Larissa | 125 comments i enjoyed hunger games better than catching fire same with divergent, delirium, matched,darkest minds, the selection, maybe its just me lol

Lindsey (beautyndiabetes) I loved the first book of the series, but became frustrated and lost in the second one. I am about 50% done with it and it has been sitting there collecting dust for a month... I don't know if I will finish. I loved the twists and turns.

I am just lacking that little... something that keeps me listening, reading, thinking, etc.

I love the feedback though, so maybe I will give it another shot and see if I can finish it. Your feedback is amazing.

Audrey (AudreybookLOVER) I loved the first book and also loved this one. Her x boyfriend and everything he did was a bit creepy but I liked the book! I was very surprised at the ending though. I can wait for the last book to come out.

unread topics | mark unread