Dangerous Hero Addict Support Group discussion

Courtney Milan
This topic is about Courtney Milan
The Author's Nook > Getting to Know Courtney Milan

Comments (showing 1-48 of 48) (48 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books), Loves 'Em Lethal (last edited Oct 20, 2012 11:04PM) (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) (Gatadelafuente) | 9379 comments Mod
Thank you for joining us for our Getting to Know Session with Courtney Milan all day on Monday, October 22nd.

Introduction:

Courtney Milan’s debut novel was published in 2010. Since then, her books have received starred reviews in Publishers Weekly and Booklist. She’s been a New York Times and a USA Today Bestseller, a RITA® finalist and an RT Reviewer’s Choice nominee for Best First Historical Romance. Her second book was chosen as a Publishers Weekly Best Book of 2010.

Courtney lives in the Rocky Mountains with her husband, a marginally-trained dog, and an attack cat. Courtney wishes she could say she has lived in numerous fabulous places. But aside from her husband, there is a distinct lack of fabulousness in her life. Instead, she is happy when standards in the Milan household hover above mediocrity. Her husband attempts not to kill people for a living. In exchange, Courtney attempts not to do the dishes.

Courtney has gone through a lot of different careers: computer programming, scientificating, lawyering... But her favorite job so far is the one she's finally able to do full time: writing historical romances.

Giveaway:

Ms. Milan will be giving a pre-release copy of her new book, The Duchess War, to one of the participants in the Getting to Know Session.

Guidelines for Q&A Session:

1. Let’s remember that the author is giving us some of their valuable time, and treat them respectfully. No bashing, no slamming, no snarking. Any posts found to be disrespectful will be deleted.

2. Please remember that the best way to get questions answered is to ask them clearly, so the author understands exactly what it is you want to know.

3. Please ask your question in bold so that they stand out. All other chat should be kept in normal font.

4. If you have a question, check to make sure it hasn’t already been asked. We don’t want the author to have to repeat herself/himself and we don’t want you to feel like you’ve been ignored, either.

5. The winner of any books, bookmarks, or other items given away will be chosen by the author and any personal information should be exchanged in PMs. All decisions are final.

6. And the most important guideline of all - let’s have fun!

Books by Courtney Milan

Turner Series:
Unlocked (Turner, #1.5) by Courtney MilanUnveiled (Turner, #1) by Courtney MilanUnclaimed (Turner, #2) by Courtney Milan
Unraveled (Turner, #3) by Courtney Milan
Birthday Gift (Turner, #.5) by Courtney Milan
Out of the Frying Pan (Turner, #2.5) by Courtney Milan

Carhart Series
Proof by Seduction (Carhart, #1) by Courtney MilanTrial by Desire (Carhart, #2) by Courtney Milan
The Heart of Christmas by Mary Balogh

Brothers Sinister:
The Governess Affair (Brothers Sinister, #0.5) by Courtney MilanThe Countess Conspiracy (Brothers Sinister, #3) by Courtney MilanThe Heiress Effect (Brothers Sinister, #2) by Courtney MilanThe Duchess War (Brothers Sinister, #1) by Courtney Milan

Other Books:
Three Weddings and a Murder by Tessa Dare
Midnight Scandals by Courtney Milan

message 2: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books), Loves 'Em Lethal (last edited Oct 20, 2012 09:39PM) (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) (Gatadelafuente) | 9379 comments Mod
I will open this thread on Sunday, October 21st for members to start posting questions. Please remember to bold your questions to make it easier for Ms. Milan to address them.

ScreenShot-12

Thanks for joining us!

The thread is now open for posting of questions for Ms. Milan.

message 4: by Noémi (new)

Noémi (noemiepresi) Dear Courtney,

What or who inspired you to start writing?

What keeps you going? Your love for writing, the stories you want to tell etc.?

To whom, you are the most thankful, regarding your writing career?

What means writing for you?

p.s.: I love your books. And I'm so glad to have the opportunity to ask a few questions. Thank you. :)

message 5: by Keri (new)

Keri (Keri_45) | 11 comments Thank you so much for Courtney for taking time out of your day to answer questions.

I adored the Turners and not quite ready to let them go, any plans to continue writing about them in the future?

Now having said that, I am looking forward to the first full length book of your new series and publication day can't get here soon enough.

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Thank you for taking time from your day to chat with us, Ms. Milan! I haven't any questions, yet, but want to tell you how very much I enjoy your stories! I'm not sure what your secret is, but I've yet to find one of your historical romances that I didn't loved.

Steamywindows♥♫ (Steamywindows) | 59 comments I add my thanks to Dhes's and say how much I admire your writing. (Absolutely loved Unlocked) I have a couple of questions:
1. what appeals to you about writing in the historical genre? (one of my favourites BTW)
2. What is the one theme you would really like to write about, but were afraid wouldn't attract your reading audience?

message 8: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish (last edited Oct 21, 2012 10:59AM) (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish I do have a question!

You're self publishing now, I believe. What made you decide to go that route, and how scary was it making that transition? Are you flying completely solo, or is there a back-up team?

I have great respect and admiration for authors who have chosen to publish, at least some of their stories, on their own.

message 9: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (sadstrumpetjenny) Hi Courtney! I absolutely Loved-with-a-capital-L Unlocked and The Governess Affair, when typically I avoid novellas (I read too fast!). Does your approach change when writing with a shorter word count?

message 10: by Adis (new)

Adis (mylunar) | 19 comments Dear Courtney,
1. What the hardest scene you ever written?
2. Which come first, the characters or the storyline?
Thank you for your time and congratz for your new release!

message 11: by Brad (new)

Brad | 14 comments Hi Courtney!!!I have a couple of questions for you!

What should readers expect in The Duchess War?
Did you always wanted to write books?
What inspired you to write books?

which comes first? The characters story or the idea for the novel?

message 12: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books), Loves 'Em Lethal (last edited Oct 21, 2012 07:16PM) (new)

Hi Courtney! We are so glad you took the time to join us on the DHASG. I absolutely fell in love with your couple in "The Wicked Gift." I knew I was going to follow your writing from then on. It had a power and a force that I have been missing from a lot of newer HR books I read.

1. What is the secret to writing a really compelling romance story?

2. Are there writing rules you won't break, ever?

message 13: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Milan | 19 comments Hi everyone! I'm going to be stopping by a couple of times tomorrow--in between bouts of writing and editing--and I'm really looking forward to talking to everyone.

Please bear with me if it takes me a little time to go through everything--I promise that I'll get to every question that is asked on Monday, and maybe a little beyond, as best as I can, but the writing has to come first. I thought I'd get an early start on some of these tonight.

What or who inspired you to start writing?

Honestly, fury. I had a boss who found out I wrote romance novels. He said they were beneath me, and told me not to read them any more. I would have said, "You're not the boss of me," but at the time, he was. So in a fit of rage I figured that instead of reading one, I would write one.

I do really, really badly with people telling me what to do. :)

What keeps you going? Your love for writing, the stories you want to tell etc.?

It depends. Sometimes, I'm in love with the story. Usually, I write about things that are important to me in some way, and writing can be very cathartic. I'm also a little OCD and more than a little prideful, and those things push me along, too.

Sometimes, I have to admit, it's also about the money. Because this is a job, too. I feel like I shouldn't say that, because, hey, it's also art, and I should be willing to do art for free, right?

But no. I might be willing to do some art for free, but when I go through a book for the eighth time, when I rewrite a scene for the twelfth time because damn it, it is not RIGHT yet... it is not fun, there is no love, and I would honestly rather beat my head against the wall.

But you guys are paying good money for this, and spending good time on it, and this is not just fun, it's a business, and I don't want my readers to be disappointed in a book if I can do anything to prevent it.

To whom, you are the most thankful, regarding your writing career?

Most thankful? Oh, that's a hard question. There are a lot of people I really owe for getting me where I am. But I think that I owe the most to Julia Quinn. When I first started writing, it was as part of an online contest for Avon, and JQ was one of the judges. She read a piece of my writing and was so encouraging. She made me feel like I could take my writing seriously, like I could be good enough to publish a book.

I would not be where I am today without her words of encouragement.

What means writing for you?

It depends on the day, and on the point where I am in a book. Sometimes, it's a huge amount of fun. Sometimes it's great. Sometimes, it's a slog and a lot of hard work.

I try to make it so that you guys can't tell which scenes were slogs and which ones were inspirations that struck right away--and I think I mostly do a good job, although I'm curious whether anyone can tell. :)

message 14: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Milan | 19 comments I adored the Turners and not quite ready to let them go, any plans to continue writing about them in the future?

Thank you so much! I loved them, too. I have something I will (hopefully) finish up just before Christmas--a short, not something I'm going to put up for money--about the Turners. I say (hopefully) because I'm so bad at estimating how long it takes me to write things, and I always overcommit--I'm just delusional about what I can accomplish.

But there won't be any full-length books in the world of the Turners. If I kept writing in their world, I would get bored, and that's not a good thing. I need to keep moving on to new things, or I'll get bored.

I might write other books where the Turners show up--briefly. But very brief--along the lines of Gareth from Proof by Seduction's tiny cameo in Unlocked--a cameo so miniscule that I don't think anyone has ever commented on it.

Now having said that, I am looking forward to the first full length book of your new series and publication day can't get here soon enough.

I am 100% with you. I want this book out there very, very badly, and as soon as it's ready, it will be.

message 15: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Milan | 19 comments UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "Thank you for taking time from your day to chat with us, Ms. Milan! I haven't any questions, yet, but want to tell you how very much I enjoy your stories!

Thank you! I hope I can keep up my winning streak with you.

message 16: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Milan | 19 comments 1. what appeals to you about writing in the historical genre? (one of my favourites BTW)

It allows me to write about things that I couldn't write about in the same way in the modern genre--things like politics, women's rights--stuff that has baggage in our world because it is happening to US.

2. What is the one theme you would really like to write about, but were afraid wouldn't attract your reading audience?

HA HA HA. Just one theme?

So: I wrote a hero who was manic-depressive in a time when people didn't know what it was or how to cope with it. (I still think this is the book that was the least accessible of all my books--and easily the most painful to write.) I wrote a hero who was a virgin. I wrote a hero who was a magistrate, where the underlying theme of the book was a question of constitutional interpretation. I wrote a heroine who had been raped.

With every single one of these books I utterly cringed at some point thinking, "EVERYONE WILL HATE THIS." And it has never been the case.

So, is there anything that I'm afraid won't appeal to my reading audience?

At some time in the next three or four years (note that I'm giving this a wide berth), you might start to see some things that are even more out of the general range of things.

FOR INSTANCE: I have an urban fantasy that I've written a few chapters for, where there is... *spoiler* okay, can't tell you that, but in any event, it's so different from my historicals, it's not even funny. Do I worry that it's going to put people off? Yes. The hero of the book is an extremely embittered doctor, and he thinks about people the way extremely embittered doctors actually do.

There is a historical set just before WWI that I have...three or four chapters for, and it's so far out of my comfort zone that it scares ME.

Do I think I'm going to write these things? Probably. (See above about me needing to avoid getting bored.) Do I worry that it will turn off my reading audience? Absolutely. I'm a worrier. I'm a huge worrier.

But I just can't let myself be driven by worry. And ultimately, even though I said all that stuff above about business blah blah blah, I can't choose what I write solely on the basis of what I think YOU want me to write. And I think we'll all be happier that way!

message 17: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Milan | 19 comments UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote:

You're self publishing now, I believe. What made you decide to go that route, and how scary was it making that transition?

Basically, money. Money and security. I make more money self-publishing--and I don't have to worry about whether I'll ever have another contract again.

It was scary at first. There are still points that are scary.

But it is much, much less scary for me, over all, to self-publish than it was to traditionally publish. When my only choice was to traditionally publish, I lived with the near constant fear that my publisher wouldn't offer me another contract.

And I do mean constant fear. I didn't realize how constant that fear was until I made the decision to walk away from them, and had that fear lifted. It was like coming out from under the clouds--like the first day of real spring after a long winter.

My stress level is much, much lower now.

Are you flying completely solo, or is there a back-up team?

I work with a lot of people to get things out there--editors, copy-editors, proof-readers. I wouldn't put anything out without them.

message 18: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Milan | 19 comments Jennifer wrote: "Hi Courtney! I absolutely Loved-with-a-capital-L Unlocked and The Governess Affair, when typically I avoid novellas (I read too fast!). Does your approach change when writing with a shorter word count?

Thank you, Jennifer! I do write shorter word count words differently, and it's kind of hard for me to explain how they're different.

It's sort of like this: Imagine you're going to knit a sweater. If you do, you cast off a certain number of stitches in the beginning. Too few, and you will never get a sweater. You'll get a sock. Too many, and you will make a sweater for an elephant.

That's kind of how writing is. It's all knitting, but you need to know if you're writing a sweater or a sock, and if you're writing a sock, you need to make sure that you limit the stitches in the beginning.

If you get that right, it's a lot harder to screw up.

What makes things hard in writing a romance is that you have two sets of yarn--the romance and the external plot. So you also have to get the right number of romance stitches and the right number of plot stitches, and the ratio between the two needs to balance properly for the story.

This analogy may be a little too over the top. Hopefully it will make some kind of sense!

message 19: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Milan | 19 comments Adisty wrote: " Dear Courtney,
1. What the hardest scene you ever written?

Oh boy. I pretty much have blocked that out. The hardest book I have ever written was Trial by Desire. To this day, I still feel like vomiting when I think about that book. (I'm not joking.) When people tell me they're going to read it, I almost want to stop them. That book was one slog after another, and every scene in it was painful.

I can point to hard scenes in books, too. The hardest scene in The Governess Affair was the sex scene. I wrote about nine different versions of that.

But which scene overall was hardest? I don't know. Luckily, humans mostly lack pain memory, and so unless it was excruciatingly bad I don't remember it.

2. Which come first, the characters or the storyline?

For me, it's the storyline. If I know what needs to happen, I can figure out who it's happening to.

message 20: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Milan | 19 comments Jae wrote: Hi Courtney!!!I have a couple of questions for you!

What should readers expect in The Duchess War?

Brothers, best friends, a courtroom scene, and a paste emergency. More than that, I don't think I'll say.

Did you always wanted to write books?

No. I have wanted to do lots of other things. I have done lots of other things. I'm extremely lucky in that I've been able to have many extraordinary careers--including writing.

What inspired you to write books?

Rage. See above. Also, pride.

which comes first? The characters story or the idea for the novel?

I'm not sure what the difference is between story and idea for the novel. Some of these things do not come first or second. Mostly, this is how I get my idea for books.

1. I read something, and think, "Wow, what a cruel thing to do to a kid.

2. This mentally gets filed away as, "Things to do to future hero/heroine." Because I am cruel to my characters that way.

3. I have some idea for some people who are somehow at odds.

4. Somehow, I figure out the worst people from 2. to have 3. to happen to them.

None of this happens "first," but I don't feel like I have a viable book until I have enough story sticking to people.

I have lots and lots of proto ideas that are malformed bits of stuff, and until more stuff sticks to them, nothing will happen.

That could not be more vague, and I am sorry, but it's very hard to describe.

message 21: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Milan | 19 comments Lady Danielle aka The Book Huntress wrote: "Hi Courtney! We are so glad you took the time to join us on the DHASG. I absolutely fell in love with your couple in "The Wicked Gift."

Thank you!

1. What is the secret to writing a really compelling romance story?

If someone figures it out, please tell me. As far as I know, there is no secret. This is what I do.

1. I write a really crappy romance.
2. I edit out the crappiest scenes.
3. Then I edit out the next crappiest scenes.
4. Etc. etc.
5. When I cannot bear to look at the book any longer, I publish it, and hope that nobody notices the parts that I think are effectively unfixable.

No secret except the application of time to manuscript.

2. Are there writing rules you won't break, ever?

My heroes will never call the heroine (or any other woman, for that matter) a slut or a whore. Never. I know some authors can pull that off, but I couldn't.

message 22: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Milan | 19 comments Thanks for all the great questions so far, and thanks, everyone, for stopping by. I'll drop in tomorrow to take a look.

LOL. I love your answer to my question, Courtney! It's great picking your brain about craft and writing. We'll catch you back tomorrow!

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Courtney wrote: "My stress level is much, much lower now."

And I'll bet you're enjoying writing much more, too!

Thanks for the answer!

message 25: by Ebony (new)

Ebony Morton | 1 comments What made you decide to become a writer? ??

message 26: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Milan | 19 comments Ebony wrote: "What made you decide to become a writer? ??"

I didn't know how hard it was going to be when I started.

I'm actually being kind of serious. When I first started writing, I figured that it wasn't that hard to write 1500 words, and so to write a book, I just had to write 1500 words about 66 times. Heck, I can write 1500 words in a day, so I figured I could get out a book in 2 months!

It was--and is--a LOT harder than that.

But I walked in, merrily whistling to myself, thinking, "Sure, piece of cake."

The question is never, "Why did you decide to start writing?" The question is more like, "Why on earth do you KEEP writing?" :)

message 27: by Jennifer (last edited Oct 22, 2012 09:41AM) (new)

Jennifer (sadstrumpetjenny) Kind of a weird question, but I've been thinking about this a lot lately. I worked in publishing when author publicity was confined to very specific channels and there was no such thing as Twitter or Facebook or GoodReads(geez, I don't FEEL that old!).

I'm curious to hear about your approach to social media, and using your 'online' persona to market your books. I mean obviously, you are here, which is amazing!!,but it seems like there are some very real pros and cons to being so close to readers. How much time do you devote to social media, and do you see a real return on the investment?

message 28: by Courtney (last edited Oct 22, 2012 11:21AM) (new)

Courtney Milan | 19 comments I'm curious to hear about your approach to social media, and using your 'online' persona to market your books. I mean obviously, you are here, which is amazing!!,but it seems like there are some very real pros and cons to being so close to readers. How much time do you devote to social media, and do you see a real return on the investment?

My rule of thumb is that it's called "social media" and not "promotion media." I do things if I enjoy them, and if I like doing them. If I don't--sorry, never going to happen.

So the time I "devote" to social media is usually spent talking about things that interest me. I don't think of this in terms of "return on investment" because it's fun for me. The point when it stops being fun, is the point that I stop doing it.

I think if you follow me on twitter you'd see me having conversations with people about other books, about book news, talking about legal issues (I have been a lawyer in the past, and it's hard to leave that behind), talking about food and/or my current lack of kitchen, posting pictures of my dog. Et cetera.

What I try not to do is get mad, because if it comes to that point, it's probably not a good thing.

But probably about 1% of my "social media" posts are "marketing" posts.

I absolutely suck at marketing myself. I think that when I have a new book out, I put up a handful of links, and that's it. If you look at my goodreads profile, you'll see I don't really use Goodreads much--I'll occasionally post reviews of books I love, but I don't post negative reviews or comment on reviews others have left.

I don't think it ever gets people to buy your book if you post an infinite number of comments saying HEY BUY MY BOOK! HEY YOU, BUY MY BOOK. HEY, HAVE YOU BOUGHT MY BOOK YET? So I don't do those.

I don't think of social media as part of my promotion and marketing schemes. It's just some stuff I do for fun to keep in touch with people I like, and occasionally, I also use it to mention I have a book out.

(And this is why you'll see zero posts from me on Google+ and MySpace: because those platforms are not fun for me, not in the slightest.)

1.What are your ten favorite books of all time?
2.Have certain books inspired you in writing your own stories?
3.What do you do to get around writer's block?

Regarding authors on social media, what really speaks to me and makes me want to read authors' books is their love for books and reading, and their willingness to talk about books with other bibliophiles. In my mind, I think someone who really loves books must have something to offer as a writer.

message 31: by Keri (new)

Keri (Keri_45) | 11 comments Courtney, I feel you corner the market on tortured heros that I can easily fall in love with..ie... Smite Turner..man did I fall hard for Smite. Do you research what characteristics you are going to give to your characters or does it just happen? Another example was Ned Carhart was a different character in Proof of Seduction, then when he got his own book. He was a much deeper and darker character. Although I will always remember him for the glove scene in PoS.

Good question, Keri. I would love to see what Courtney says on that because I love her heroes!!!

message 33: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Milan | 19 comments Lady Danielle aka The Book Huntress wrote: 1.What are your ten favorite books of all time?

Bridge of Birds: A Novel of an Ancient China That Never Was

The Chosen

Memory

The Blue Sword

Ain't She Sweet

An Offer From a Gentleman

The Serpent Prince

A Week to Be Wicked

Lead Me On

Easy

2.Have certain books inspired you in writing your own stories?

Everything I read inspires me--either negatively or positively, depending. :)

3.What do you do to get around writer's block?

It depends what kind of writer's block it is, honestly. Sometimes, I just have to grit my teeth and try. Often, "writer's block" is really code for "huge plot problem" and I need to untangle the problem before I can write.

Turning off the internet helps, too. :)

message 34: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books), Loves 'Em Lethal (last edited Oct 22, 2012 03:58PM) (new)

1. When a book inspires you negatively, does that inspire you to write that type of story better? Or to do that type of story differently from the book that let you down? Or both?

2. What made those your favorite books?

3. How many manuscripts do you write a year? Do you set a goal as far as completing manuscripts in a certain time?

4. How do you stay motivated as a writer?

message 35: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books), Loves 'Em Lethal (last edited Oct 22, 2012 04:00PM) (new)

5. Who is your favorite literary hero and heroine of all time?

message 36: by Brad (new)

Brad | 14 comments How long does it takes to complete a manuscript?

message 37: by Brad (new)

Brad | 14 comments Which Author's inspired you to become a writer?

message 38: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa H | 1 comments Hi, Courtney. Thanks for chatting. :)

It was interesting to hear about the most difficult book you wrote. What book was the easiest (or should I say least difficult) to write?

Do you have a favorite hero that you've written?

message 39: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Milan | 19 comments 1. When a book inspires you negatively, does that inspire you to write that type of story better? Or to do that type of story differently from the book that let you down? Or both?

Usually it makes me mad because someone does something dumb. I say, "Agh! Why doesn't she just do... . And then I realize that if she did, it would be a good story, and there you are.

2. What made those your favorite books?

... I'm going to skip that question as it would take me about six hours to answer. Incidentally, I left off Watership Down, which is a shame.

3. How many manuscripts do you write a year? Do you set a goal as far as completing manuscripts in a certain time?

It...depends? I don't know. I just quit my day job, so we'll see how fast things go. I do set goals for completing manuscripts and I never, ever meet them. :(

4. How do you stay motivated as a writer?

Honestly? I don't stay motivated. I get very unmotivated sometimes, and the trick is to let myself be unmotivated and not beat myself up about my lack of motivation. There's nothing worse than hitting yourself over the head, saying, "BE MOTIVATED, YOU FOOL!" Which I have done a lot in my earlier days.

Now, I just roll my eyes and say, "Oh, look, unmotivated week coming up." And I recognize that I'm going to have to put up with me and my foibles for that time period.

message 40: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Milan | 19 comments Lady Danielle aka The Book Huntress wrote: "5. Who is your favorite literary hero and heroine of all time?"

Oh, dang. I have no idea! Let's just say Miles and Ekaterin Vorkosigan.

message 41: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Milan | 19 comments Jae wrote: "How long does it takes to complete a manuscript?"

For a full length book, it takes me somewhere between three and eighteen months, depending on the difficulty of the book. Average, though, is about six months. But that was when I was working full time, so I don't actually know any longer

message 42: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Milan | 19 comments Jae wrote: " Which Author's inspired you to become a writer?"

This is going to sound flippant, but all of them. I've read thousands of books, and every one of them has contributed to what I like and dislike in fiction, and the good ones--and there have been many of those--all made me understand the joy that fiction can bring others.

So yeah, all of them have inspired me in some way or another.

message 43: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Milan | 19 comments Alyssa wrote: "Hi, Courtney. Thanks for chatting. :)

What book was the easiest (or should I say least difficult) to write?

It was easily Unveiled. Unveiled was so darned easy, it wasn't funny.

Do you have a favorite hero that you've written?

Smite. Without question, Smite. I shouldn't have a favorite, but I can't help it.

Although there's someone who's giving him a run for his money right now... :)

message 44: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Milan | 19 comments Everyone, thanks so much for having me, and for all the great questions. If my last set of answers is incoherent, I'm sorry--I just spent an hour and a half scrubbing excess grout off the kitchen tile. I'll check back in tomorrow at some point to see if there are any other questions.

And thanks again!

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Courtney, thank you so much for taking time out to visit with us! It's been an honor and a pleasure!

If you have time to come back tomorrow, that would be great. We so appreciate you taking the time to chat with us, Courtney!

Thanks again for taking the time to chat with us, Courtney!

And thanks to everyone who participated!

message 48: by Pamela(AllHoney), Danger Zone (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 1693 comments Mod
Thanks, Courtney!!! We appreciate your valuable time in talking with us!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Duchess War (other topics)
Unlocked (other topics)
Unveiled (other topics)
Unclaimed (other topics)
Unraveled (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Courtney Milan (other topics)