Insurgent (Divergent, #2) Insurgent discussion

Four's Fear Landscape Change?

Comments (showing 1-11 of 11) (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Leela Good question! I took it to mean that he's not afraid of facing him anymore. But that doesn't answer the question as to why he's still in it.

message 2: by Leela (last edited Oct 15, 2012 04:20AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leela Maybe it's in relation to Four being afraid that Marcus is manipulating Tris

Freefallen ~ YA Reviewer What Leela said - maybe his father respects him more in his landscape now.

Daniel Freefallen ~ YA Reviewer wrote: "What Leela said - maybe his father respects him more in his landscape now."

Maybe he is afraid of becoming like Marcus. Maybe the rolls have reversed and he's now the one doing the beating and it scares him.
Honestly i don't know, could be multiple different reasons. It's been a while since i read it. I would need to reread that part and see if there are any hints.

Ilana i think as Four evolved in his role with Tris and his 'relationship' with Marcus or lack thereof, he probably doesn't fear him in the same way. it's probably not his fear of what marcus can do to him but what marcus can maybe do to Tris. my guess is that four's fears are more in line with losing Tris or something happening to her and he thinks that maybe marcus will have a bigger role in that.

just a guess though...

Leela Daniel wrote: "Freefallen ~ YA Reviewer wrote: "What Leela said - maybe his father respects him more in his landscape now."

Maybe he is afraid of becoming like Marcus. Maybe the rolls have reversed and he's now ..."

Good point!

Marti Leela wrote: "Maybe it's in relation to Four being afraid that Marcus is manipulating Tris"
intresting therory. Because they were being all "buddy buddy" and Four was probaly scared for Tris.

Zanele I think hes afraid that Marcus would hurt Tris.

Briana I read it and read all the reviews fom proffesional publishers and it's probably bacause he has to defend tris and have marcus not hit her with the belt instead of hitting tobias

Tiffany (spoilers*)I think that the change has nothing to do with Tris because she was in another one of his fears where he had to watch her die. I think it has to do with Marcus is friending everyone he knows and creeping into his life. This is just another thing we have to wait for in book 3... ooohh the anxiety.

Midge I'm pretty sure the tables turned in his fear; he is becoming like his father. Or maybe, his father is whipping Tris with the belt, not himself. It also mentions that he has to watch Tris die, too.

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Insurgent (other topics)