The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #1) The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer discussion


237 views
room 213

Comments (showing 1-24 of 24) (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Elliegrace in the book there are two times that i know of that the room 213 is mentioned...that is ms.morales room (her spanish teacher that later is killed my maras "gift") and the room in the asylum where she is attacked by jude...do you tnk theres a reason bc i certaintly think so...michelle hodkin doesnt do coincidences. :)


Angela Pesovski❤ Wow. You spotted that extremely well :) I didn't even realize haha! I'm sure your right, I might have to re-read that part, but I'm positive there's a reason behind every small detail michelle leaves behind! I cannot wait to read The evolution of Mara dyer! Sorry I couldn't be of more help :)


message 3: by Nur (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nur Same here, i didn't even realized that.... But it is suspicious that both were room 213, maybe we'll learn the connection between the room numbers in the 2nd book...Just a couple more days and its out!!!!!


Angela Pesovski❤ Nur wrote: "Same here, i didn't even realized that.... But it is suspicious that both were room 213, maybe we'll learn the connection between the room numbers in the 2nd book...Just a couple more days and its ..."

Yeah like 8 or 7 days! Haha, been counting down... Sooo excited!!!! :)


Abbigail IKR I'm counting too! But yeh i totally just realized that two and I think they might be connected or it could just be like a mistake.


message 6: by Cmpeeler (new) - added it

Cmpeeler Not a mistake, authors like to throw in details that go unnoticed, but I doubt any author just -out of any number in the world- chooses the same one, for no reason


Leonora Marie When Mara and Noah go into the courthouse at the end, Noah goes into room 213 to ask about the jury. So... 3 whole instances with that number! I have no idea what it means, but it has to mean something :)


Dina Yes, I noticed the number 3 times in The Unbecoming when I re-read it... I'm going to re-read The Evolution soon, so maybe the number occurs more times there too!


Daphné I know this is an old post, but I noticed it too. In fact, 213 isn't the only number that keeps reappearing. The numbers 1281/1821 keep coming back. It's Jude's former address (but he dissappeared). It was Lukimi's address (but he disappeared), it's the number of the surveillance tape of the asylum and it has also something to do with the report about their 'powers', I can't remember precisly what it said.


message 10: by Laci (new) - rated it 5 stars

Laci I noticed that 213 is also what time Noah finds Mara in the nightmare too!


Megan Right. Definitely a massive connection. Maybe it's got something to do with the way their powers work?


Hailey Yeah I realized that but I had forgotten when it had happened in the book.


message 13: by Lani (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lani Mara was unconscious for 3 days after the accident, she was reading 'Three Theban Plays', there were three French doors, if I remember correctly her grandmother committed suicide three days after Mara was born. It's very weird...


message 14: by Dina (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dina Lani wrote: "Mara was unconscious for 3 days after the accident, she was reading 'Three Theban Plays', there were three French doors, if I remember correctly her grandmother committed suicide three days after M..."

Awesome! And it does kind of have to be connected somehow... :)


message 15: by Lani (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lani Dina wrote: "Lani wrote: "Mara was unconscious for 3 days after the accident, she was reading 'Three Theban Plays', there were three French doors, if I remember correctly her grandmother committed suicide three..."
I know! The number 3 has something to do with it all! And also the birthday dates:
21.12. -Noah
15.03. -Mara
They can all be devided by 3...


message 16: by Dina (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dina I am so excited to find out in The Retribution, and am really wondering how she will wrap all of that information up in the last book...


Sorrel Oh this is so weird and cool! I love it when authors scatter these little hints every where, I didn't even notice all of these things!


Veronica Dina wrote: "I am so excited to find out in The Retribution, and am really wondering how she will wrap all of that information up in the last book..."

she definitely will:D


message 19: by Dina (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dina Noah's mom was killed three days before or after (I don't remember) he turned five.


message 20: by Dina (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dina I gathered all of The Retribution of Mara Dyer teasers Michelle Hodking has posted, check it out here:

http://assemblageofbeauty.tumblr.com/...


message 21: by Mia (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mia This is an old thread but I've been re-reading these books and noticed it too!!
Daphne is right, 1281 and 1821 appear a lot and the strangest has got to be the CD mara finds under her pillow in the second book... She puts it in her computer are the file is called "31281"
312? 1281? Again?! This has got to be more than just a coincidence. Maybe we'll get answers in the retribution, it's driving me crazy!


Veronica Mia wrote: "This is an old thread but I've been re-reading these books and noticed it too!!
Daphne is right, 1281 and 1821 appear a lot and the strangest has got to be the CD mara finds under her pillow in the..."


gotta wait till November


Rebekah No lie. I'm going to have to go back and re-read and make a chart or something with numbers and names so I can keep up in TROMD


message 24: by Dina (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dina Rebekah wrote: "No lie. I'm going to have to go back and re-read and make a chart or something with numbers and names so I can keep up in TROMD"

Haha, yes, me too!


back to top

all discussions on this book | post a new topic


Books mentioned in this topic

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (other topics)