The Kite Runner The Kite Runner question

Have you ever read a book that taught you something about life, or just impacted your actions in any way?
Mariyumi511 Mariyumi511 Oct 07, 2012 08:26AM
I loved the movie version of this book, and both definitely changed my outlook on life greatly.

i love this book, teaches us to appreciate and count all our blessings.. excited to read thousand splendid sun

Yes I read Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Piccoult about high school bulling it made me think of my pathetic high school years. I read Jane Eyre and it made me question whether the love that Jane and Mr Rochester ever exists in real life. Other good books are also Snow Flower and the secret Fan by Lisa See; The Help by Kathryn Stockett.

I loved this book. The reason for it is that most books are about the Good guy and the Evil one. But this one always stood neutral. It also has alot of symbolic meaning. I just love the Redemption Idea

I have several books I feel that way about, a couple are:
Native Tongue
Les Misérables
I think people who appreciated the ideas this book provoked, another one to try might be:
The Lemon Tree: An Arab, a Jew, and the Heart of the Middle East

Hope for the Flowers

n.salsa (last edited Oct 07, 2012 02:00PM ) Oct 07, 2012 01:55PM   0 votes
The book was very intense, same for a thousand splendid suns. But i still couldn't love those books.
It's all the injustice that happens throughout the world that got to me, and I feel like we forget how well off we are.
Also i'd recommend Mother of the Believers by Kamran Pasha, this really got me thinking about life. Its one of the best books i've ever read!

Mans Search for Meaning by Frankl ...absolutely.

This is a very powerful book, and it taught me a lot about Afganastan. Jonathan does have a few points, but the brilliance of the storyline made all that shrink into insignifigance.

I read The Kite Runner. I can't say it taught me something. In fact, it reminded me the essence of friendship and humanity with rather simple set of words and images. When I think about learning from this book specifically, I can say that I learnt to look for "plot holes" afterwards, although I mostly managed to keep plot holes away from my stories, even before reading the book.

The book appealed to my emotions greatly.

Interesting protagonist, the author did a good job making readers sympathize and hate the protagonist.

This book is one of the best books I ever read.
I think all elements in this story was complete and the most important this book is inspiring.

I loved this book, fabulous and moving
To answer the discussion question, nearly every one I read. There's almost always a comment from a character, or a point of view that makes me go, hmmmm.

Neda agree :)
May 28, 2013 10:43PM

Can't stop my tears reading this book. Inspiring one. We exist,we struggle. We fight. In the end, know that there will always be one God. JUSTICE prevail.:)

I find it baffling that people love this book so much. It's so overblown with contrived emotion and the ending so fantastically unlikely and unrealistic it just annoyed me.

This novel is the reason I started to read books...

Manny @Edwin. Funny you should mention that. I too was off the reading bandwagon since I left school. Got into the technology business and all I read were t ...more
Nov 10, 2012 08:01AM