To Kill a Mockingbird To Kill a Mockingbird question

Kindle Version
Jennifer Jennifer Oct 02, 2012 08:31PM
Does anyone know if this book is available on kindle/ebook version. Can only find study guides and cliffs notes sort of thing to download, but I want to re-read the actual book!! I have a book copy someplace packed up, but was trying to save time by just getting kindle copy. Thanks for help

To Kill A Mockingbird is now available on KIndle legally and it looks like that as of today 11/07/2014 it is currently free if anyone still hasn't bought it and/or is still interested.

It isn't legally available in any ebook format - the author is still alive, still ownx the rights and doesn't want it released in that format

So sad it is not available. The author may not have been able to imagine cuddling up with an ebook but many do it. In my case I'm looking for a copy for my daughter for school. She has a vision problem and can't read the copy the school gave her. By putting it on the kindle she is able to increase the font and the spacing between lines so she can read it.

It is available now on kindle. I just bought it yesterday. I have always wanted this book on my kindle!!! No book library without "to kill a mockingbird"

It is not available yet for kindle, though it might be able to be found in a non-DRM ebook version such as epub. You might need "Calibre" to move it to the kindle (which is a much better ebook handling program anyway). I would just do a google search to see.

I wish this was available for Kindle in an authorized version. I won't violate someone's intellectual property rights, but as a person who needs large font to read, I wish she'd allow it. Perhaps once she passes (not that it is something I'm wishing for) whoever she gives the rights to will allow an e version. I used to read this book every few years, but last time I tried a few years ago, even with my glasses, I couldn't read it.

Brolie (last edited Oct 07, 2012 08:10AM ) Oct 07, 2012 08:09AM   0 votes
There are ebook versions... just not ones you can buy that I have found....

No audio book either. Her heirs will probably make a fortune when this classic is available electronically. It should also stop the bootlegging that is going on.

I didn't realize Harper Lee was still alive. So there's still a chance of another book from her. I know it's unlikely and i think she's said she never wrote again after To Kill a Mockingbird, but I can always hope!

Janee I think that she did at least start writing something else, but she never had it published for some reason
Apr 01, 2014 10:30AM

Steve (last edited Feb 12, 2014 08:08AM ) Feb 12, 2014 07:15AM   0 votes
The University of Geneva in Switzerland has a PDF version of the 40th anniversary edition of TKAM posted. It is the full text. Apparently it is some student's e-pub project.

http://tecfaetu.unige.ch/etu-maltt/R2...

Janee Thank you, so useful! ;)
Apr 01, 2014 10:33AM

There are PDF versions of it and some cheapo E-book formats for it. I didn't like the way it looked on my Kindle though. So I went to the library and checked it out. After rereading it for the 2nd time, I found some really nice copies of it for sale in my local thrift stores though. You'll definitely be able to find it at a thrift store nearby a high school or two.

Harper Lee is over 80 and not in good health. She had a stroke in 2007(?)and lives in an assisted living facility. Also partially blind.

this is such a great site - should have gone here first. I really miss the word definition feature on the kindle. I wasted lots of time searching for an e-book and like others came up with study guides, cliff notes….

Just scan the book with an OCR program. Then import it into Kindle format. It's technically illegal, but as long as you're just using it for your own purposes, nobody should care. Should be about a one-day project.

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

To Kill a Mockingbird (other topics)