The Century Trilogy discussion

Winter of the World (The Century Trilogy #2)
This topic is about Winter of the World
how excited are you?

Comments (showing 1-14 of 14) (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Kelly (kbenny4) I started this group to see how many others out there are soooo excited to read this book!!

message 2: by Adam (last edited Oct 15, 2012 06:50PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Adam (chipper_chang) | 1 comments I am about 75% of the way through and I am not disappointed. I've been waiting 2 years for this book! I have noticed a lot of character similarities in book that are in some of his other time period books that Follett has written. Boy reminds me a lot of Solly from A Dangerous Fortune and Carla is a lot like Flick from Jackdaws.

Kelly (kbenny4) I want to get back to this book so badly but I have a Nook and 5 books came as once from the library! Eventually I will be back to this book. I miss it already!! Luckily, it is one I can pick up and read with missing a few weeeks.

Debbie Tinker (booknerd1957) | 3 comments Does anyone know when the third book in the Century Trilogy will be released?

Rebecca | 2 comments Hi All,
I am new to your group. I just started reading "Fall of Giants" Can't wait to catch-up. ~Rebecca~

Debbie Tinker (booknerd1957) | 3 comments Rebecca, You are going to love Fall of Giants. I was so amazed at how much I actually learned about the history of the Russian Revolution, World War 1, women's suffrage. I had never read Ken Follett before and I LOVE him! Happy reading!

Rebecca | 2 comments Thanks I am picking up Fall of Giants today

Meia Krane (i-am-from-mars) | 5 comments I'll just say that I've just noticed the pun with Fall of Giants and Winter of the World next it's bound to be Spring of (has the tittle been realeased yet?) As for why I've just realised this is because the pun gets lost in translation

Chris | 2 comments Meia wrote: "I'll just say that I've just noticed the pun with Fall of Giants and Winter of the World next it's bound to be Spring of (has the tittle been realeased yet?) As for why I've just realised this is b..."

Wonder if that was intentional or not... Regardless, the next book is titled Edge of Eternity and the US cover art was just released a couple weeks ago :)

Alexandra (amoraiti) | 3 comments Hi,I love Follett's writing style. I joined this group because I foolishly bought Winter of the World thinking that it was a stand alone novel, at the time I didn't know about the Century Trilogy.
Given that it's the second book I haven't read it, as I didn't want to spoil the trilogy.
Basically , I want to ask if it can be read before the first book- is it self contained- or will there be many spoilers?

Deb Butz | 4 comments i would read them in order. The cast of characters is very large and their background is built in the first book just as the cast is expandeded in the second book carrying over into the third. you can enjoy the story but won't understand references. From a historical perspective best to start at the earliest as well.

Alexandra (amoraiti) | 3 comments Okay, thanks. Also, slightly annoyed.

Ross-Barry Finlayson. | 3 comments Don't be annoyed Alexandra. I have done it myself many-a-time.With regards to this trilogy, I am two-thirds of my way through and am waiting for the third to come-out on paperback. It's been a great read so far. If this is the first of Follett's books you have read, I would suggest you check-out others of his - "The Pillars of the Earth" and "World without end".

message 14: by Alexandra (last edited Nov 13, 2014 08:09AM) (new) - added it

Alexandra (amoraiti) | 3 comments Pillars of The Earth was the first Follett book I read. I loved his work, thought he wouldn't let me down in other novels. i.e Winter of The World.

unread topics | mark unread