Paranormal & Urban Fantasy, Monthly Group Reads discussion

Chit Chat - Getting to Know You > I Just Can't Wait - Books you're waiting to be released

Comments (showing 1-50 of 126) (126 new)    post a comment »

Shanon (Boban) If you're like me you have gotten yourself invovled in WAY TOO many series. I am currently reading 15+ series that need to have the next book released.

Right now I am most anxious for:
White Witch, Black Curse by Kim Harrison out 2/24/09
&
Hunted A House of Night Novel by PC Cast out 3/3/09
& can't forget
Skin Trade by Laurell K Hamilton out 6/2/09

What books are you just biting your nails off waiting for? (It doesn't have to be part of a series)

message 2: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (new)

♥Tricia♥ (WickedEnchantment) | 1167 comments Mod
Oh oh!!

Desire Unchained Demonica Series Book 2 by Larissa Ione 02-24-09

Ahh I cant wait!

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 232 comments Lover Avenged (Black Dagger Brotherhood)- April 2009

Kathryn (Kathry) Bone Crossed just came out and I really want to get my hands on it. I’m also extremely excited to get Lover Avenged, book 7 in BDB by Ward, Fragile Eternity by Melissa Marr (even though I still need to read Ink Exchange), White Witch, Black Curse by Harrison, Desire Unchained by Ione, but mostly I am looking forward to Dead and Gone, Sookie Stackhouse book 9.

You are right. Too many series…

Shanon (Boban) OH MY GOODNESS - I totally forgot to list Sookie as one of my most anticipated! What kind of fan am I???

Jamie (Alphas Authors Books Oh My) (Jamie_Birdwell) Lover Avenged for sure!! I as soon as I finish this series I am going to dive into some of the others listed above.

message 7: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (last edited Feb 09, 2009 03:50PM) (new)

Skin Trade by Laurell K Hamilton I am looking forward to as well.. that comes out in June or July sometime

Jess I'm excited for Desire Unchained, Second Skin (Caitlin Kittredge), Sookie, Lover Avenged... ummm... ooo Darkness Within (Kinley Macgregor aka Sherrilyn Kenyon), Made to be Broken (Kelley Armstrong)

I'm sure there are more.. it's too hard to keep track!

Shanon (Boban) I had a horrible time remembering what to keep my eye open for - that's why my OCD self created a spreadsheet about a year ago with all the info I could ever need.

Jess Yeah one of my friends from goodreads actually sent me a spreadsheet that has like 6 pgs of books.. but I never updated it to include new releases.

In my group, I have a very awesome person who adds new book release dates as events for the group. Then she keeps up with them by putting out the books for the next month and so on. It's my little reminder list. :)

Nichole (Dirty H) (DirtyH) I can't wait for An Early Grave by Jeaniene Frost and Speak of the Devil by Jenna Black, both book 4 in their respective series and both coming out on July 28. That seems like FOREVER!

I'm also thinking of starting a spreadsheet with book release dates, as well as music and dvd releases to help me keep track of where all my money is going to go...

Sarah ~Sehrenity~ | 276 comments Right now I'm most looking forward to White Witch, Black Curse; Dead and Gone; and the next Cassie Palmer, the title of which I've forgotten right now.

Jess Oh yeah, I forgot about An Early Grave and Speak of the Devil.. too many books are coming out!! lol.

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Sale Queen)ஐ (BriansGirlKate) Aunt Dimity Slays the Dragon by Nancy Atherton. It was released today. I went to the library this morning and they put a rush order on a copy and I'm the first person on the waiting list when it arrives.

tosca (catatonichataholic) | 47 comments Yz wrote: "Lover Avenged (Black Dagger Brotherhood)- April 2009"

Absolutely agree! Am waiting most impatiently for this release =)

Dawn (DawnV) It is hard to keep up with all the upcoming books the only one missing from this list that I see is the next Keri Arthur I think it is called Deadly Desire I believe it is due out in March toward the end though.

I was reading the preview for White Witch Black Curse it looks really good. But I do wonder how many more she will write.

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (DarkHeart) | 168 comments This is the list I've got so far:

Desire Unchained, Larissa Ione - 24 Feb
Second Skin, Caitlin Kittredge - 03 Mar
The Mammoth Book of Paranormal Romance, Anthology - 24 Mar
Magic Strikes, Ilona Andrews - 31 Mar
Passion Unleashed, Larissa Ione - 31 Mar
Lover Avenged, J.R. Ward - 28 Apr
Ashes of Midnight, Lara Adrian - 26 May
Street Magic, Caitlin Kittredge - 02 Jun
Black & White, Kessler & Kittredge - 23 Jun
Four Dukes and a Devil, Anthology - 30 Jun
Huntress, Anthology - 30 Jun
Not that Innocent, Anthology - 21 Jul
Hunting Ground, Patricia Briggs - 28 Jul
Destined for an Early Grave, Jeaniene Frost - 28 Jul
Demon Inside, Stacia Kane - 28 Jul
Blood Promise, Richelle Mead - 20 Aug
Unbound, Anthology - 25 Aug
Must Love Hellhounds, Anthology - Sep
The Darkest Whisper, Gena Showalter - May or Sep?

tosca (catatonichataholic) | 47 comments Holy hell, DarkHeart - I am mightily impressed by your list and oohh you've got Hunting Ground by Briggs listed YAY! Heck, I second your list. I'll even third and fourth it =)

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (DarkHeart) | 168 comments LOL, it's a sickness. I have a horrible book buying addiction. ;D And as I continue with my new author reading challenge for the month, I'll undoubtedly have more to add!

Wendy  (wendyhill) | 5 comments You guys are really on the ball with your lists. I love it.

The group I'm in is currently reading Dark Lover, the first in the BDB series, I've read it before but it has pulled me back in with a vengance. So that being said I'm waiting *tapping foot, biting nails* for Lover Avenged. I can't wait.

Jess DarkHeart wrote: "This is the list I've got so far:

Desire Unchained, Larissa Ione - 24 Feb
Second Skin, Caitlin Kittredge - 03 Mar
The Mammoth Book of Paranormal Romance, Anthology - 24 Mar
Magic Strikes, Ilona An..."

I think I second all those books... :) I'm excited for Desire Unchained and Passion Unleashed.. they should be awesome!!!

tosca (catatonichataholic) | 47 comments Wendy wrote: "You guys are really on the ball with your lists. I love it.

The group I'm in is currently reading Dark Lover, the first in the BDB series, I've read it before but it has pulled me back in with..."

Oh, I heartily concur =) It can't come fast enough.

Shanon (Boban) I have been trying to think of an easy way to have a list of upcoming books for the group. I don't think a bookshelf would work b/c there's no way to add a note to show the release dates.

If anyone has any ideas on how we could organize a centralized list for everyone I'm all ears!

message 24: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (new)

You could created a folder, and in that folder add 12 months.

In each monthly thread you could list the releases and approximate dates (if you have it).

message 25: by B (new)

B | 8 comments Luckily I've just recently discovered a lot of series and authors that I'm loving, so I have lots to catch up on with what's already been published before I'm antsy for the latest ones.

But here are some I'm ready/waiting for outside of those:
Made to Be Broken
Dead and Gone
Frostbitten
The Golden City
Shades of Grey A Novel
Hunting Ground (next in Alpha & Omega by Patricia Briggs)
Demon Ex Machina (next in Demon-Hunting Soccer Mom by Julie Kenner)

message 26: by Shanon (last edited Feb 10, 2009 01:57PM) (new)

Shanon (Boban) Wow - everyone is waiting for a lot of good books! Here is a list of everything you've added to this thread. I'll update it & repost it every so often...

updated 2/10/09

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Sale Queen)ஐ (BriansGirlKate) Shanon wrote: "Wow - everyone is waiting for a lot of good books! Here is a list of everything you've added to this thread. I'll update it & repost it every so often...
"

Thanks for making the list. The Aunt Dimity book's are a series. Aunt Dimity is the main character's dead godmother whom she meets and talks to after Aunt Dimity's dead. Her aunt helps her solve mysteries.

Shanon (Boban) I'll get that fixed for the next update... Thanks for the info :)

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Sale Queen)ஐ (BriansGirlKate) not as paranormal as the rest of the books though. lol

Shanon (Boban) Sometimes it's nice to have a break - I have books that I read when I'm need something other then Paranormal. The Aurora Teagarden series by Charlaine Harris is great. I'll have to check out the Aunt Dimity series too.

message 31: by ஐ Briansgirl (Book Sale Queen)ஐ (last edited Feb 10, 2009 02:49PM) (new)

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Sale Queen)ஐ (BriansGirlKate) The Aunt Dimity mysteries are fun light hearted mysteries. I would suggest you read them in order if possible simply because the person involved in one mystery is a friend in other books. She marries and has kids who grow up, etc. The characters evolve along the way. If nothing else, start with Aunt Dimity's Death. The first book sets up the premise of how our heroine and her dead godmother communicate for the rest of the series.

They are, in order:
Aunt Dimity's Death
Aunt Dimity and the Duke
Aunt Dimity's Good Deed
Aunt Dimity Digs In
Aunt Dimity's Christmas
Aunt Dimity Beats the Devil
Aunt Dimity Detective
Aunt Dimity Takes a Holiday
Aunt Dimity Snowbound
Aunt Dimity and the Next of Kin
Aunt Dimity and the Deep Blue Sea
Aunt Dimity Goes West
Aunt Dimity, Vampire Hunter
Aunt Dimity Slays the Dragon (released 2/9/09)

I've read the entire series twice, both times in about two weeks. They are light fun reads and I found myself being caught up with the characters, her small town, etc. I love that our heroine detective is imperfect as I can identify with her more that way. Waiting for the library to get their rush ordered copy of the latest book in. I'm the first on the reserved list for it.

Kathryn (Kathry) Wow! Thanks Shanon!

Shanon (Boban) Eternal comes out today... I'm keeping my eye open for it too

message 34: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (new)

Shanon wrote: "Eternal comes out today... I'm keeping my eye open for it too"

Is that one stand alone Shanon? Or part of a series? It sounds interesting!

Shanon (Boban) It's a Stand-Alone book from what I can tell.

message 36: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (new)

woo!

Shanon (Boban) I know - There are SO many series out there it's nice to find a stand-alone book!

Valerie | 7 comments Tricia wrote: "Oh oh!!

Desire Unchained Demonica Series Book 2 by [a:Lar..."

Me too!!!

Valerie | 7 comments Thanks everyone for the awesome lists! I really appreciate it!

message 40: by B (new)

B | 8 comments Tricia posted this in another thread -- I liked it (and didn't think anyone posted it here yet), so I thought I'd post it. :)

http://paranormalromance.org/NewRelea...

message 41: by DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (last edited Feb 10, 2009 10:35PM) (new)

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (DarkHeart) | 168 comments Shanon wrote: "Wow - everyone is waiting for a lot of good books! Here is a list of everything you've added to this thread. I'll update it & repost it every so often...
"

Ooh, although I know it doesn't really fit with the group, I'm excited about the new Jasper Fforde book. I love him and didn't realize there was another book due out. Brilliant!

**I'm not sure who listed the book, but do you know if it's another Thursday Next book?

message 42: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (new)

I think you will find this group to be more open to other genres then other groups that I have noticed hehe.

While my favorite is the Paranormal and Urban Fantasy I do like other types :D I think alot of us here do hehe

Kathryn (Kathry) Tricia, you're right, this group does seem open to other genres and I love that! Paranormal romance is one of my favorites but I try not to stick to just one genre. I find myself getting bored if I do so I love suggestions from just about any genre!

message 44: by B (new)

B | 8 comments DarkHeart wrote: "**I'm not sure who listed the book, but do you know if it's another Thursday Next book?

That was me! :) No, it's not a new Thursday Next -- here's the excerpt from his website:

"... Despite our closeness, I had never told Dad that I could actually see a lot more Red than I let on. The question was not if I had the 50% needed to be Chromogencia and Senior Monitor, but whether I had the 70% required to become a potential Prefect. I was quietly confident that I could, but I wasn't certain. Colour perception was notoriously subjective, and the very human vagaries of deceit, hyperbole and self-delusion all conspired to make pre-test claims pretty much worthless. But all doubts came to nought the morning of your Ishihara. No-one could cheat the Colourman and the colour test. What you got was what you were, forever. Your life, career and social standing decided right there and then, and all worrisome life-uncertainties eradicated forever. You knew who you were, what you would do, where you would go, and what was expected of you. In return, you simply accepted your rung upon the Chromatic ladder, and assiduously followed the Rulebook. Your life was mapped. And all in the time it takes to bake a tray of scones. ..."

Intriguing!

There's a photo there, too -- see http://www.jasperfforde.com/nextbook....

MK (Food actvist) (Daalmonette) | 902 comments Mod
a couple new releases I am holding off on but I am TOTALLY anxious to read are MONA LISA DARKENING by Sunny and PRIDE by Rachel Vincent.

Shanon (Boban) I haven't heard of either of those series before - have you read the 2 before Mona Lisa Darkening (Monere series)?

Jess Kenjii - Pride was a pretty good read.. although.. well let me not finish that. You should read it, and then we can talk :)

Malena (thefieryheartNZ) | 4 comments I'm really excited about Fire by Kristin Cashore and City of Glass by Cassandra Clare.

Awww Jess I appreciate and respect your opinion, always. I will probably get PRIDE in a couple months. As a treat for reading down my TBR pile =)

Shanon- I have read the entire Monere series, yes. I have also read Sunny's novella's. I am tempted to read her husband's work just to see how he writes. I doubt it's erotic, lol. But still.

I want to check out some YA series I have been hearing about as well=)

« previous 1 3

Paranormal & Urban Fantasy, Monthly Group Reads

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

White Witch, Black Curse (other topics)
Skin Trade (other topics)
Hunted (other topics)
Desire Unchained (other topics)
Shades of Grey: The Road to High Saffron (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Larissa Ione (other topics)
Laurell K. Hamilton (other topics)
Cassandra Clare (other topics)
Kristin Cashore (other topics)