Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7) Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows discussion

Wouldn't it be horrible if Harry still had that crush on Cho and married her instead of Ginny??!!

Comments (showing 1-34 of 34) (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Weiting Personally, I love how perfect couples in the HP series are pairs.
But yesterday, I was thinking about how (for me) it would be sort of disgusting if Harry married Cho instead of Ginny. Don't y'all think???!!
Are there any pairs in HP you don't like?

Leah Not really. I mean, except for Ron/Lavender but that's over now.

Amany it would have been more disgusting if Ron married that other girl instead of Hermione !

Weiting Totally, I agree with you.

Isabella (All Da Ladies Luv Leo) Thomas Amany wrote: "it would have been more disgusting if Ron married that other girl instead of Hermione !"

ikr RIGHT?!?

Gretchen Amany wrote: "it would have been more disgusting if Ron married that other girl instead of Hermione !"

Lavendar was killed by Fenrir Greyback .....so he couldn't have married her even if he wanted to.

Weiting Yeah, um sorry to interrupt..but why would he choose Lavender if it weren't Hermione?

Amany Gretchen wrote: "Amany wrote: "it would have been more disgusting if Ron married that other girl instead of Hermione !"

Lavendar was killed by Fenrir Greyback .....so he couldn't have married her even if he wanted..."

we r talking hypothetical after all

Brooke Feven wrote: "Um...actually I would LOVE it if Cho and Harry got married.
Hey, me too!

Ladysw (Sara) I don't really like Ginny for Harry. Sorry. I think he should have been with Luna.

message 11: by Lia (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lia Ladysw (Sara) wrote: "I don't really like Ginny for Harry. Sorry. I think he should have been with Luna."

it kind of would be cool if they had gotten married B)

samantha if cho were to marry harry then who would ginny marry?

message 13: by Lia (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lia draco? maybe

Graham Haehnle maybe

Amany Ladysw (Sara) wrote: "I don't really like Ginny for Harry. Sorry. I think he should have been with Luna."

yeah, that would've been really cool indeed !

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Ladysw (Sara) wrote: "I don't really like Ginny for Harry. Sorry. I think he should have been with Luna."

I would give anything to go to Luna's wedding! :) It'd be so freaking awesome!

Sparrowlicious Considering that we're talking about characters in a book: If the author had decided that Harry would marry Cho the title of this topic would have the names of the characters switched.

rayken I don't think Harry can have married Cho, he grew up, she just stayed the same.

n.salsa It would be weird, and Harry and Cho never fitted together. she seemed to cranky. The moment Ginny met Harry for the first time, i new they were meant for each other!

Weiting samantha wrote: "if cho were to marry harry then who would ginny marry?"

I love Ginny and Harry together, but just IF.
To answer your question, Ginny would marry Neville, I guess.

Ladysw (Sara) Starhyphen wrote: "Ladysw (Sara) wrote: "I don't really like Ginny for Harry. Sorry. I think he should have been with Luna."

I would give anything to go to Luna's wedding! :) It'd be so freaking awesome!"

Agreed!

Keshena First of all, what's so disgusting about Cho? The oft-pointed to strikes against her are that she was jealous of Harry's closeness to Hermione, stood up for Marietta, and was still grieving Cedric. What kind of person would she be if she wasn't a loyal friend, and still sad over the death of someone she cared about, which had only happened a few months prior? Also,to someone who didn't know the Ron/Hermione dynamic, it would seem like she and Harry are more than friends sometimes. I have never understood the Cho hate.

Keshena One more thing-Lavender was only killed by Greyback in the movies. That didn't happen in the books.

Hannah Conlon Feven wrote: "Totally agree with Keshena, think about Ron and Hermione and how jealous he was of Harry because of such a close Hermione/Harry Relationship. It's disappointing that people hate Cho but think that ..."

Yes i agree

Raechella I'm out *head shot*

Hannah Conlon lol

Yazid (Ciel) Harry should be with Luna. Either in the books or the movies, they are a VERY cute couple.

I don't really understand the chemistry between Harry and Ginny.

And Cho is no not and never a bad person. She's immature. So? She's human, she has a lot to learn about life and Cedric's death is a difficult task for her.

Yazid (Ciel) Feven wrote: "Yazid wrote: "Harry should be with Luna. Either in the books or the movies, they are a VERY cute couple.

And Cho is no not and nev..."

Actually, about Cho, I referred to the movie. When I said immature, I consider her age (teenager) and to be frank, others like Harry, Hermione, Luna, etc. are also immature. And so, she handles things the way she "think" is right. Which is why I add in the death of Cedric. People act differently based on their personality.

Well, to explain about a character is subjective, everyone has his/her opinion.

message 30: by Cara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cara I like Ginny a lot better than Cho or Luna. Ginny's really sweet and she's always loved Harry. Cho, on the other hand, is kind of out there. As a character, I didn't really understand her. (although I do like the scene where Hermione tells Ron and Harry all of the different things that Cho is feeling and they're like WHOA! Anyway,) Cho's motivations, personal life, etc. I never really got to see, so I could connect more with Ginny than Cho. And Luna and Harry always seemed like they were really 'just friends'. They had good chemistry-as friends. I don't think a relationship would work with Luna and Harry. But that's just me.

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Honestly, if Harry still had liked Cho, then the whole Harry/Ginny relationship would be completely one-sided. Personally, I really liked Cho. She was smart, and maybe she didn't handle everything in the best way, but did that mean her motives were bad or that she was a bad person? No. Besides, I mean, another reason I liked her was because honestly, how many Asian love interests are there in the world of books? Really, not that many. But at the same time, she wasn't hitting any of the Asian stereotypes except that she was smart, but then, so was Hermione.

Honestly, I would have preferred all of them to have ended up with other people and not all people involved in the conflict.

Marin Ladysw (Sara) wrote: "I don't really like Ginny for Harry. Sorry. I think he should have been with Luna."
Honestly, I think Neville should have married Luna and she would have taught care of magical creatures.

Griffin P. Marin wrote: "Ladysw (Sara) wrote: "I don't really like Ginny for Harry. Sorry. I think he should have been with Luna."
Honestly, I think Neville should have married Luna and she would have taught care of magica..."

Right? It bugs me that the canon is that Neville marries Hannah Abbott. Incidentally, what ever happens to Luna?

message 34: by Lisa (last edited Feb 17, 2013 11:09AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Yazid (Ciel) wrote: "Harry should be with Luna. Either in the books or the movies, they are a VERY cute couple.

And Cho is no not and never a bad perso..."

I 100% agree with this. I didn't get the appeal of Harry and Ginny and just didn't understand why JK Rowling put them together.. lol Harry and Luna would've been so adorable <3

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (other topics)