Fans of The Hollows series by Kim Harrison discussion

Into the Woods: Tales from the Hollows and Beyond (The Hollows, #10.1)
This topic is about Into the Woods
Million Dollar Baby

Comments (showing 1-14 of 14) (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Scarlet (last edited Sep 26, 2012 12:39AM) (new)

Scarlet Drakonin  (BookWormScarlet) | 6 comments So today in Kim's "Drama Box" blog, she posted a Tuesday tidbit, that is an excerpt from "Into the Woods" (which will be out on... YAY... October 9th!)

Anyways, this touches on what happened to Trent and Jenks when they went to San Francisco, the baby, and it is from the perspective of Trent!!

To quote Kim, from the IO9 interview, she says, "I like to tell people that I wrote Pale Demon to answer the question about whether anything was possible between Rachel and Trent, but when I got done with it, I found a new question had popped up. What happened between Trent and Jenks when they went off on their elf quest? It seemed the readers wanted to know as well, so here's the answer, the fallout from which has peppered the last few Hollows novels."

So, without further adieu, here is the link to the first snippet of the first chapter of "Million Dollar Baby" . .. . If anyone has any difficulty reading this, let me know by in box and I'll see what I can do.

http://io9.com/5937742/at-last-the-ex...

Veronica  | 289 comments Thanks for the link Faith. I'm curious about the "fallout" that will be peppering the last few books.

message 3: by Scarlet (new)

Scarlet Drakonin  (BookWormScarlet) | 6 comments So am I!! I, like the rest of the hollows fans can't wait for Into the woods, but more so I am antsy for Ever After. And dreading the end of the series.

Becka | 3 comments Tomorrow needs to hurry up! XD

Zeenat (zeekwon) | 241 comments EEEK it's here. You know I'm gonna read Million Dollar Baby first ;)

Veronica  | 289 comments I'm doing another lunch hour run to the bookstore just like I did for the Trent's POV chapter. What I won't do for that elf, lol.

VampireNovelFan | 489 comments LOL! Million Dollar Baby is definitely longer than the APB chapter, at least it was for the ARC. I'll have to see how the final version compares...

Hope you guys enjoy! I liked it, but the APB bonus chapter from his POV is waaaay better, IMO.

Zeenat (zeekwon) | 241 comments Million dollar baby was awesome, but not as awesome as the bonus chapter for sure ;)

Veronica  | 289 comments Agreed. Jenks was funny though. It does make me wonder what sort of trouble this will all cause Trent going forward because he muses in several places that troubles will still be brewing with the elves even if he's successful steling Lucy.

I also wonder at the twin lines in his palms that Mrs. Withon traces with her finger. What was that about?

Zeenat (zeekwon) | 241 comments Jenks was the best. But when isn't he? lol! I think they make an excellent team. Jenks "understands" him I think, and that showed.

I don't know whether Kim used palmistry as a reference or not, but my friend had told me once that twin lines mean a double life or two different purposes in life that are separate from each other. . . and reading the bonus scene in APB,(view spoiler)

Veronica  | 289 comments That sounds good to me, Zee! Trent even thinks to himself that the twin lines used to bother his parents. Also, am I remembering right that Trent's dad had told him to stay away from Rachel when they were kids? I wonder if somehow his parents knew that Rachel's influence could cause Trent to stray from whatever path his parents wanted him to follow.

Krista D | 15 comments *Headdesk* I completely forgot that there was a bonus chapter in A Perfect Blood! I will have to find a reason to go by a bookstore ASAP. Is it at the end or mixed into the actual book?

I loved Million-Dollar Baby! I didn't expect to have this much sympathy for Trent after reading it and now his personality change in the last two books makes soooo much more sense now.

I also loved Jenk's story. I am hoping, with every fiber of my being, that KH writes a novella for Jumoke where he meets and woos a sassy pixy girl.

Veronica  | 289 comments Hi Krista D! Fancy meeting you here. :)

The bonus chapter in A Perfect Blood is at the end of the book. It was cool to see the events through another character's eyes.

Glad you enjoyed MDB. Parenthood can change a person's priorities, for sure.

Natasha | 24 comments I didn't warm up to Trent until I read Million Dollar Baby and the APB bonus chapter. I guess I didn't like who he portrayed to the public or something and to know what's going on in his head gave me an entirely different perspective on the scenes he's in, if not the series in general.

Fans of The Hollows series by Kim Harrison

unread topics | mark unread