Clean Reads for Mormon Teenagers discussion

New Group Members > Introduce Yourself!

Comments (showing 1-50 of 1,231) (1231 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25

message 1: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (last edited Mar 17, 2011 04:37PM) (new)

Jayda | 2310 comments Mod
Hey guys, I'm Jayda and I'm from Georgia.
I'm 15 years old (I'll be 16 in August) and I love to write and read! Among my favorite books are the Harry Potter series, The Christmas Sweater, and Phantom of the Opera.

Introduce yourself! :)

message 2: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (new)

Hey guys ^^
It's great to meet you!

message 3: by Tammy (new)

Tammy Hi!! I hope you don't mind an adult joining your group. I am a children's librarian in Nebraska and I am always on the look-out for "clean" lit to read and then share with children/teens I serve. I would MUCH rather read children/teen books than adult books. My favorites--Harry Potter, The Giver, Ella Enchanted, and Anne of Green Gables.

message 4: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (new)

Hey Tammy! Sorry it took me so long to respond to your post! I'm glad that you joined :) The more people with opinions, the better ^^

message 5: by Jackee (Lilly) (last edited Apr 19, 2009 08:16PM) (new)

Jackee (Lilly) | 4 comments Hi everyone, I'm Lilly but you can call me Jackey! :) I live in Utah i like, no wait, LOVE to sing, take pictures, read, any sport (but mostly basketball), hang out with friends and go to the theator, and i joined this group 'cause it is so hard to find clean books out there and i knew this would help me,so thank you so much!!

message 6: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (new)

Hey Jackey :)
Sorry if this group is a little slow! ^^
It's lovely to meet you.

message 7: by Jackee (Lilly) (last edited Apr 22, 2009 10:10PM) (new)

Jackee (Lilly) | 4 comments thanx! oh and your not slow, that was fast to me. hi everyone! so what are we talkin' about?

message 8: by Jackee (Lilly) (new)

Jackee (Lilly) | 4 comments Really? that is so cool! the onlything i can draw are trees and that is when i do pencil drawings. is there anything eles you like to do? and why do you not like sports or don't play sports? i'm not being judgmental so don't think i'm going to hate you!!

message 9: by Jackee (Lilly) (new)

Jackee (Lilly) | 4 comments By the way everyone there is one thing i forgot to say that i'm in the 9th grade and i love dogs and somtimes cats!!!

message 10: by Karey (new)

Karey (KareyShane) Hi all. I'm Karey and I'm glad to see there are folks out there that like clean reads, too. I've felt like I'm back in the dark ages when it comes to reading modern books because so many of them go against my values. I am way past being a teenager and have two of my own including a son on a mission in Southern France.

Good job on NaNoWriMo, Jayda!

message 11: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (new)

Hey Karey, it's lovely to meet you ^^
Sorry if this group is a little inactive, however!

And thanks a lot :)

message 12: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (new)

Where can I see your pictures? I can't find them ;.;

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Emily of Utah, Age *can't say online*, I like a lot of things like writing and drawing.

♫♪ Olivia ♪♫ | 20 comments Hey everyone, I'm Olivia! Feel free to call me liv, any nickname you can come up with except for olive! I absolutely despise olives, and I do NOT want to be called that please!
I LOVE music, and I'm sure I would die without it. I have played the piano for as long as I can remember, and I have played the guitar for 2 years, and I am going to play the cello soon!
I love to read, my favorite books right now are the Percy Jackson series, twilight series, and Charly by Jack Weyland.
I also love to write stories, and hope to be a published author someday. I would greatly appreciate it if you guys went and read my writing i've posted on goodreads.
I love my friends, and love to hang out with them!
My favorite colors purple!

message 15: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (new)

Hey guys ^^ Thanks for joining :)
Obviously I'm Jayda =P

Olivia - I wish I could play guitar! I've been trying to teach myself but it seems that there's no point x.x I'm not very good at it. I'm WAY better at teaching myself piano. I just have to listen and write down the notes or watch them play and write them down. I recently learned a difficult and intriquet version of Decode off of the Twilight soundtrack by Paramore. I LOVE piano!

Do you have any of your writings on here?

♫♪ Olivia ♪♫ | 20 comments Yes I do have writing! I will post a link.
www.goodreads.com/story/list/1573395

♫♪ Olivia ♪♫ | 20 comments Lol I love to pick out notes on my guitar and piano too, it's way fun!

message 18: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (new)

Oh, I'll check them out!

My hands are smaller than average female hands so guitar is difficult and piano... is a work in progress xD I can play guitar hero on expert, though! B)

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

I wish I could, we don't have it but my friend offed to teach me because her brother taught her... but I don't think I'll be very good at it, and my computers a little odd so I might miss someone's post.

message 20: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (new)

Olivia, are you looking for feedback or just critiques on your writing? :)

♫♪ Olivia ♪♫ | 20 comments Both

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi I am Meghan! I love to read, clog, play piano, and get on goodreads! I have also discovered that I really like to read Jayda's writing.. Keep Going Girl! Don't ever stop!

message 23: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (new)

Hey Meghan! Thanks for joining. It makes me happy that you enjoy it :)

message 24: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 08, 2009 06:18PM) (new)

I do Jayda I think that story (Alive) will make a best selling book someday!

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

ok, in 'how do define clean' some one keeps posting some thing that drives my comp nuts and it won't let me into it.

message 26: by a u d r e y ♥, » The Brown Zebra ♥ (last edited Jun 12, 2009 03:27PM) (new)

a u d r e y ♥ | 152 comments Mod
Hey Jayda!
:)
It's Audrey... But you probaly figured that out!
This is the first time I got on in like forver so I didn't even know you started this little thingy!
:) Oh well!
:D

Anyways!
For the rest of you that don't know me...
I'm a junior in high school. I live in Northern Utah (Ugh) I grew up in California though so I love the beach. I play soccer and volleyball. I recently started playing the piano again, started when I was 8, and I'm in the advanced show chior for my school. Singing/dancing is what I'm all about. I don't have a favorite book or author or anything, I love to read anything!!

message 27: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (weeabootrash) sup? im the Harbinger of Doom. i love music and reading. they're mi life. i hate math. i love fantasy books the best. i live in *drum roll* ALASKA!! grr... anyway. im random, i play the piano, and i speak lolcat. tht is an awesome skill. im sarcastic and i mock ppl all the time. so if i hurt ur feelings, get over it ^^

message 28: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (new)

AUDREY! -tacklesmother-
Oh my word, I have to call you. I've had the craziest week with my best friend out East while babysitting her cousins. We had a stalker -dies of fear- I'm not even being dramatic about that, we did! AND WE DIDN'T EVEN KNOW ABOUT IT UNTIL LAST NIGHT!

Hello everyone ^^ Welcome to the group!

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Audrey wrote: "Hey Jayda!
This is the first time I got on in like forver so I didn't even know you started this little thingy!

Anyways!
..."

I live there 2. =]

message 30: by a u d r e y ♥, » The Brown Zebra ♥ (new)

Jayda wrote: "AUDREY! -tacklesmother-
Oh my word, I have to call you. I've had the craziest week with my best friend out East while babysitting her cousins. We had a stalker -dies of fear- I'm not even being dr..."

Oh my gosh! That's so crazy!
I have a stalker too I understand how you feel.
You should totally call me sometime! I'm done with school so you can call my cell whenever.

message 31: by a u d r e y ♥, » The Brown Zebra ♥ (new)

Rainhead wrote: "Audrey wrote: "Hey Jayda!

An..."

I just movede here, Right beore school started last year. Its not the same -sigh- Oh well :)

message 32: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (new)

Can you email or PM me your number? Is it your cell now? I wish I could talk on my cell all of the time D: I'll try to call you tomorrow or Wednesday night. Camp is on Thursday, which is why ^^

message 33: by a u d r e y ♥, » The Brown Zebra ♥ (new)

Jayda wrote: "Can you email or PM me your number? Is it your cell now? I wish I could talk on my cell all of the time D: I'll try to call you tomorrow or Wednesday night. Camp is on Thursday, which is why ^^"

Yeah I can do it right now.
PM?
Yeah for the most part.
Hahaha I know exactly what you mean.
Fun, I have camp in like... a month lol But I'm only for a few days.

message 34: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (new)

PM = personal message.

I know what you mean! The Mia Maids don't get to go up until Thursday. Ugh. And we paid over $100.00 - all for two and a half days at camp x.x

message 35: by a u d r e y ♥, » The Brown Zebra ♥ (new)

Jayda wrote: "PM = personal message.

I know what you mean! The Mia Maids don't get to go up until Thursday. Ugh. And we paid over $100.00 - all for two and a half days at camp x.x"

Oooh... Ahaha right XD
Wow that's crazy. Camp here is SOOO cheep compared to Cali, I only have to pay $60 and we're there for 4 1/2 days

message 36: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (new)

:o Lucky! My friend is going for almost a week and she only had to pay $50 and she's just on the other side of Atlanta.

message 37: by a u d r e y ♥, » The Brown Zebra ♥ (new)

How cheap!
You guys got SOOO jipped lol

message 38: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (new)

I know, right?! xD

message 39: by a u d r e y ♥, » The Brown Zebra ♥ (new)

Oh well, No biggy.
So!
How's life?

♫♪ Olivia ♪♫ | 20 comments Jayda wrote: "PM = personal message.

I know what you mean! The Mia Maids don't get to go up until Thursday. Ugh. And we paid over $100.00 - all for two and a half days at camp x.x"

really?!?!? how come??!?

message 41: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (new)

Life's decent besides the internet timer that's about to turn on xD It's nearly midnight here -sigh- Oh, and my huge crush/love is leaving on Tuesday/tomorrow ;.;

You?

♫♪ Olivia ♪♫ | 20 comments all of the girls in our ward go a whole week, and we only pay $10!

message 43: by a u d r e y ♥, » The Brown Zebra ♥ (new)

Your kidding right?!
Lucky you...

Mine is as much as itis cus our ward is buying sweats for all the girls and the leaders "designed" them

message 44: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (new)

Dang, Olivia! I need to move where you are! xD
The Mia Maids are going Thursday morning to Saturday morning/afternoon. At least the Beehives and Kit-Kats get to be there since Wednesday. It's not very fair :(

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

you guys are kidding! we all get to go a full week and as far as I know, pay nothing.

message 46: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (new)

:o NOTHING? -dies-
Okay, I need to go where YOU go ;.;

♫♪ Olivia ♪♫ | 20 comments Rainhead wrote: "you guys are kidding! we all get to go a full week and as far as I know, pay nothing."

well the reason why we pay is because we go up to this really nice facility Heber Valley which Gordon B. Hinckley had built, and also we pay because this year we're getting HOODIES!!! i'm so excited!! and we're getting a stake shirt, and a ward shirt!!! :D

message 48: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (new)

Lucky! :(
We're going to a camp ground where we have to pitch tents and everything. Luckily we get to choose what we do every day! So if we want to go Mountain Biking we can, or rock climbing, we can! That's the best part. And we'll possibly be able to switch up tent mates, so I get to be with my best friends from other wards. Hoorah!

We just get shirts, I think.

message 49: by a u d r e y ♥, » The Brown Zebra ♥ (new)

♫♪ Olivia ♪♫ wrote: "Rainhead wrote: "you guys are kidding! we all get to go a full week and as far as I know, pay nothing."

well the reason why we pay is because we go up to this really nice facility Heber Valley whi..."

Wow crazy, I go to heber too!
And we get hoodies and our ward is doing sweats...
But I think I already said that...
:DD

message 50: by a u d r e y ♥, » The Brown Zebra ♥ (new)

Jayda wrote: "Lucky! :(
We're going to a camp ground where we have to pitch tents and everything. Luckily we get to choose what we do every day! So if we want to go Mountain Biking we can, or rock climbing, we ..."

Wow that kinda sucks, Jill's camp is like a real camp. I have always gone into like cabins or A-Frame's or something, I've never had to sleep in a tent. You probably have to pay so much for the ground/time and the food and everything.
And Your not in Utah, Sorry Jay ^^ lol

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Unlovable (other topics)
The Serpent in the Glass (other topics)
The Serpent in the Glass (other topics)
A Healing Heart (other topics)
The Subtle Beauty (other topics)
More...