Reviews for the Literary Inclined discussion

Into the Woods: Tales from the Hollows and Beyond (The Hollows, #10.1)
This topic is about Into the Woods
PNR/UF > Into the Woods by Kim Harrison

Comments (showing 1-1 of 1) (1 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessi, <~}{{CEO/Faery Queen**aka**PixiBell}{{~> (last edited Sep 21, 2012 05:27AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jessi (PixiBell) | 276 comments Mod
Start: September 19,2012 - End: September 19,2012
Publisher:HarperCollins
Rating:9

I was lucky enough to get an advanced copy of “Into the Woods”( which will be release Oct 9th) and I must say it was fun getting a look at all the Hollows characters again. Especially Kisten whom I still miss (even though I know he’s off hanging with Matalina in the literary afterlife). It was bittersweet reading about him alive again but the big draw for a lot of readers will be “Million Dollar Baby” which is a breath of fresh air for Hollows fans. We finally get some of Trent’s inner thoughts & inner workings.

“Rachel would never understand there was only one way to save her life and keep her out of the ever-after. But what did it matter, really? She didn’t have to like him. He didn’t like the decisions he made, either.”

Also the interactions between Trent & Jenks ranged from hilarious to surprise (mostly due to the bathroom scene involving Trent & (view spoiler)). Either way this is a good addition to the Hollows family because it has all your favorite short stories in one place. Especially because it tells how Trent & Jenks managed to bond to become what they were in “A Perfect Blood”. Although I will say this short story does bring up more questions about what will happen in "Ever After".

There are also some short stories in this book that aren’t apart of the Hollows world but they were good just the same. So if you haven’t put “Into the Woods” on your to-be-read pile you need to do that asap I promise it will be worth the money spent.

unread topics | mark unread