Shadow of Night (All Souls Trilogy, #2) Shadow of Night discussion

So what do you think is going to happen in the third and final book? How close can we get to Deborah's version!?.

Comments (showing 1-12 of 12) (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dreycho (new) - added it

Dreycho There are so many loose ends to tie I have not managed to put it all quite together yet and summarise what I feel the final chapters of the story will entail. I will definitely post my version up as soon as it's all neat and tidy.

It would be interesting to see how close our guesses come to Deborah's actual story and to compare differing opnions of the events to take place!

All ideas welcome! :)

Dhfan4life Well I did guess that Matt and Diana was so going to have twins. As the author was seeming rather either or about the first baby's sex. So figured she would go with twins. And I so don't think Knox is going to win whatsoever in the coming battles. But everything else I don't have a clue. I mean I hope Diana's mom comes through time so there can be some proper talk about the Ashmole book. Even what is and where the origins of the creatures are coming from and what not. And several other loose ended questions too.

Halyna I just hope for a happy ending! I really would be happy if Matthew apologized profusely in the third book for his doing opium with Kit when he had to be with Diana and not preventing Kit from hurting her (he killed Gillian, but he forgave Kit all his insults and disrespect to Diana).

message 4: by Dreycho (new) - added it

Dreycho Halyna wrote: "I just hope for a happy ending! I really would be happy if Matthew apologized profusely in the third book for his doing opium with Kit when he had to be with Diana and not preventing Kit from hurti..."

Apparently Deborah already has an ending for it. I don't think Matthew has anything to apologise for. He was preoccupied when Kit stole Diana away so physically couldn't help her at the time. Then Diana asked Matthew to be the bigger person and forgive him, otherwise he would have killed Kit.

Halyna I don't mean that episode, I mean not supporting her after the loss and going out instead with the jerk who hates her and on top of that doing drugs!

Dhfan4life I agree with you Halyna. That was a rather messed up moment between Diana and Matthew. I mean I get they said the Matt of the past would be different than the Matt of the future. But he was a major asshole in that part of the book for sure.

message 7: by Rose (new)

Rose I don't think he CAN kill Kit, unless it's he who kills Kit in Deptford (I wondered if it might be) (That is where Kit dies, isn't it?). But Kit has to die the way he does in our history. Also, his relationship with Kit was very complex, while his relationship with Gillian was not.

Twins - yeah, I think that makes the most sense. It also makes me smile when I think of time-walking twin toddlers...or, "Let's go visit grandma and grandpa"..."Mom, I have to do a project on ancient Egypt"..."Oops, forgot the permission forms. I'll just nip back and get them."

Ashley Smith Rose wrote: "I don't think he CAN kill Kit, unless it's he who kills Kit in Deptford (I wondered if it might be) (That is where Kit dies, isn't it?). But Kit has to die the way he does in our history. Also, his..."

Ha ha ha! Lov eyour commint! I agree how cool would it be for both twins to be able to time walk!? I hope she tell's how Em died and explains about Ashmole that's driving me crazy!! And to Halyna commint about Matt being a Jerk of chorse he was what butt head would og out and get high after finding out your wife just lost your child!!! But then again maybe he was reliving the pain from Lucas also with lose his and Dianna's child? Huh maybe? Oh well hope it all comes out in the next book.

Diana #teamFiona ❤️ Halyna wrote: "I don't mean that episode, I mean not supporting her after the loss and going out instead with the jerk who hates her and on top of that doing drugs!"

He wasn't really owing drugs. He was out feeding with Kit. The people he fed off took opium hence why he was high, through their blood.

Dhfan4life Diana wrote: "Halyna wrote: "I don't mean that episode, I mean not supporting her after the loss and going out instead with the jerk who hates her and on top of that doing drugs!"

He wasn't really owing drugs...."

Seems like the same difference to me. I mean vamps can't do things the regular way any more. So if he technically wanted to escape troubling thoughts by getting way from them by getting high. Wouldn't it stand to reason he would actively seek out someone that does drugs to get the same affects himself?

Diana #teamFiona ❤️ Dhfan4life wrote: "Diana wrote: "Halyna wrote: "I don't mean that episode, I mean not supporting her after the loss and going out instead with the jerk who hates her and on top of that doing drugs!"

He wasn't reall..."

That is true. Believe me I wasn't happy with him either. I am not sure if he actively sought out high victims or if he needed the urge to feed and they were easy prey. Diana asked him in the book and he kind of eluded to it. Later on he tells Diana the real reason for his actions and it wasn't about mourning the loss of the baby but rather claiming all of Diana. They had an argument and he finally confessed this to Diana, that's when he fed off her by her heart.

Dhfan4life Oh I remember that. Was actually kind of a sluggish scene for me actually. I still want to know what and how did Emily die and all that. This book truly was a toss up of things.

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Shadow of Night (other topics)