Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

The Verse by the Side of the Road: the Story of the Burma-Shave Signs and Jingles
This topic is about The Verse by the Side of the Road
Book Issues > Same ISBN, different publisher?

Comments (showing 1-3 of 3) (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Penelope (new) - added it

Penelope Singer (pushingvision) | 1 comments I have a copy of this book (same ISBN as above), but the publisher of my copy is not Viking Penguin, but Stephen Greene Press. Additionally, mine says:
Published September 1965
Reprinted thirteen times, 1965 through 1977
Fifteenth printing August 1978
223,000 copies in print

Is there a specific policy on how to handle books with the same ISBN but different publishers?

message 2: by Beth (last edited Sep 15, 2012 01:24PM) (new)

Beth (BethJustBeth) | 1586 comments Viking and Stephen Greene Press are both part of Penguin Group; the info was imported by Ingram. I've changed it to Stephen Greene Press, per your copy and WorldCat's records.

message 3: by Emy (new)

Emy (EmyPT) | 2692 comments Stephen Greene and Viking both belong to Penguin now, so it's probably that they published it, and so did Viking, and that the ISBN is that of the overarching group.

PENGUIN GROUP: Allen Lane, Alloy Books, Bibli O'phile, Cobblehill, Dial Books for Young Readers, Discovery Kids, DreamWorks, Dutton, Dutton Children's, Donald I. Fine Hardcovers, Frederick Warne, Gotham, HighBridge Audio, Library of America, Lodestar, Mermaid, Michael Joseph, Mobil Travel Guides and Books, The Monacelli Press (all formats), The Overlook Press (adult hardcovers and all children's), Pelham, Penguin AudioBooks, Penguin HighBridge Audio, Penguin Music Classics, Penguin Reference, Penguin Studio, Phyllis Fogelman, Portfolio, Puffin, Puffin Classics, Rough Guides, Stephen Greene Press, Viking, Viking Arkana/Compass, Viking Children's Books, and Viking Studio.

unread topics | mark unread