Amber House (Amber House, #1) Amber House discussion

Q & A with the Authors

Comments (showing 1-50 of 57) (57 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Allisa Will Neverwas have the original characters in it?

message 2: by PB (new) - rated it 5 stars

PB I fell in love with Sammy. Was he based on anybody you know in real life?

message 3: by Lavinia (new)

Lavinia Can you tell me when NEVERWAS will come out?? ( like actual or close to the date). I bought the book at the scholastic book fair and I just loved it . I bought it on November 11 and i read it in 2 days and i keep reading it . When it comes out i would love for it to be on sale at scholastic.com/bookfairs.

message 4: by Lavinia (new)

Lavinia When is the second book coming out?? PLEASE sell it on scholastic book fairs!!

message 5: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra hi i was wondring if there will be any new romaces between jackson and sarah and what the dates when the books come out i loved it so much

Jessica Wanderscheid Oh my God, is this the REAL Tucker Reed?!

I LOVE your book and have read it a lot... (I mean, A LOT). I'm so interested in hearing more about NEVERWAS. Do you have any plans to make this book into a movie? That would be awesome! Oh my god, Tucker I would be your best friend if you would sign a copy for me. Seriously, I will travel to where ever you are! Please tell us all you can about the next book!

-Jessica

message 7: by YA (new)

YA Librarian I really loved Amber House! Can't wait for the next in the series! One question: What was Richard's mother's attachment to Amber House?

message 8: by Susan (new)

Susan Weiss I just finished the book and absolutely loved it!!! How much of the book is actually about your family's history? Is there a home on the east coast that has been in your family for years? Can't wait for book two!!!

message 9: by Susan (new)

Susan Weiss How wonderful and thank you for openly sharing your life with us readers!

message 10: by Katniss (new)

Katniss Will Sarah and Jackson get married in the second book?

Sabrina Can someone explain the end of the book to me please? I was a little confused. Was Sarah sleeping?

Paige Umm I'm a bit confused about what happened at the end do you think you could help me? Did she die, was it a dream, or did she fall asleep when she was in the room with Jackson at the end?

Nathania Ma I really love the Amber House and I wonder if there will be an audiobook release at the same time as the book as audiobooks are blessings for people with not-so-good-eyesight like myself. I adore Sammy and would love to have a cute little brother like him but my favorite character is Jackson. It's wonderful for you all to share your rich family history with your readers and I can't wait for NEVERWAS!

message 14: by Hope12 (new)

Hope12 When is the date that NEVERWAS comes out? Also will there be a 3rd because I loved this book

Sabrina Thank you for the help.

message 16: by Carissa (new)

Carissa Visone I loved your book and how you used your real family history. In Neverwas, does Sarah tell Richard the truth and do they get back together. I heard Neverwas was coming out in December is that true. I saw in one if your earlier posts that at the end it's up to you, I agree with you that she is dying because you did say she got bit by a poisonous spider. What would be the 3rd books title. Can I contact you about somethings about the book and about getting Neverwas signed by all three of you. Thanks for taking the time to read this, I can't wait to read the next books.

message 17: by Carissa (last edited Feb 20, 2013 07:06AM) (new)

Carissa Visone I forgot to mention this before, but are you going to be having another necklace like the one in book I. Would Sarah's birthday be in Neverwas, or somebody else's. how long does it take to prewrite and do the rough draft.

message 18: by Carissa (last edited Feb 26, 2013 06:23PM) (new)

Carissa Visone What is Kathryn's last name in the book and chads

message 19: by Carissa (new)

Carissa Visone Kathryn Davey and Chad Doyle

message 20: by Carissa (new)

Carissa Visone Neuhaus, Vargas, Starlin, Lay

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

I like "Doyle" for Chad (it means "black stranger" - though I see that as a "mysterious stranger").

As for Kathryn, it could be "Roe."

Jenny Johnson I love this book, cant wait for neverwas to come out. I heard there's going to be a book three too!

Jenny Johnson I was wondering if I could have a hint about what the second book would be based on or be about. I'm so excited for the second book, that I want a heads up on it.

Jenny Johnson Thanks so much!

Cecile Rousseau Hi! i was completely obsessed with this book and i finished it about ten minutes ago and i have been frantically searching for when the next book will come out. do you have a more certain time for it to come out? that and also i was a bit confused at the end. did everything actually happen or was it just a dream?

Cecile Rousseau holy crap i just realized that at the beginning she says that she was only sixteen the FIRST time her grandmother died so i guess i just answered one of my own questions. it wasnt a dream... AHHH

Jenny Johnson now im confused Cecile.

Cecile Rousseau Don't worry so am I jenny

Jenny Johnson Ok, good. im not the only one then.

Cecile Rousseau Haha the confusion is part of the awesomeness of the book. You just gotta except it. Lol

Jenny Johnson Lol. True. I guess i could except it, or become smarter. Honestly i think i confuse my self more when i talk about the book.

Cecile Rousseau Haha me to its the worst though because we are reading it for this book club thing but only some people are done and so we have to talk about it in secret

Cecile Rousseau ^^^

Jenny Johnson wow, I found this book at a book fair, and its my favorite book yet.

message 35: by Amber (new)

Amber i just read the book and totally loved it but i want to asked some questions about the end because i got TOTALLY confused
.first of all the book tops the hunger games by a million. i loved how Sarah and sammy where so close. i was just a little confused at the end.after the part when sarah makes sammy's spirit look the box's mirror. then i get TOTALLY confused after that. sarah says the walls closed in like a tornado. the the lady starts to talk to her and all of the sudden sarah is in the grave yard with maggy when there at the funeral for her grandma. then the same thing happens in the back as it did in the front of the book. does this mean it was all an echo or she went to the past and came back to the future????????????? i am so CONFUSED!!!!!!

Cecile Rousseau I think she just entered an alternate reality because she technically sent her aunt Maggie's spirit back to her body and that just changed the path of people's lives around her creating the other when like what Fiona saw in her echo things. I'm not really sure... Sorry

message 37: by Amber (new)

Amber i also wanted to say that this book would be the best movie ever. if this book became a movie i would be first in line at the theater.i would come every night to see it over and over again. that is how much i love this book! first i got the book because it had my name on it [my name is amber]. then i started to read it and i couldnt stop reading. thats all i did from friday to monday. also my great grandmas name is eleanor. and my great great grandmas name was liam. i aslo have the same amber necklace with the siper in it. i felt like i w3qs reading about my self in acreepy house. lol but if you ever get the chance can u plz answer my last question!!!!! love this book <3 <3 <3 <3

message 38: by Amber (new)

Amber grandpas name was liam

message 39: by Amber (new)

Amber Thanks so much for answering my questions. I understand the end now. If there is some way to show you how much i injoied this book please tell me. I have one more question... Does richard leave her because what happened at her party. also the part that when jackson rold sarah that they where married. That was a huge twist in the story! :)

Jenny Johnson Thanks so much Larkin, I understand it now.

message 41: by Amber (new)

Amber I live in the south of the united states (Louisiana). There are many plantations down here that fit the description of the amber house. If you ever h0get the chance look up on Google the deStrahan plantation ornate sanFrancisco plantation. These two both fit the amber house look on the cover of the book.if you do not mind researching these places they will make you think its the real amber house in front of you!!!!! I have been in tours of the house and it looks exactly like the amber house these are a couple of sugestions that might make it worth wild!! If you research these houses than can please notify me when out get the chance thanks, amber

message 42: by Amber (new)

Amber I live in Louisiana and down here we have plantations that fit the description of the amber house perfectly if you ever get the chance look up the destrehan plantation or the sanfransico plantation. They both fit the amber house perfectly. The inside and the outside. If u ever get the chance to look can you please notify me thanks, amber

message 43: by Amber (new)

Amber I live in Louisiana and down here we have plantations that fit the description of the amber house perfectly if you ever get the chance look up the destrehan plantation or the sanfransico plantation. They both fit the amber house perfectly. The inside and the outside. If u ever get the chance to look can you please notify me thanks, amber

Cassie She changed the future because she helped her Aunt.

Amber Hicks hi my names Amber and I'm a military kid and moving to korea i was wondering if NEVERWAS will be in a scholastic book fair so i can get it at the High School on the American base i will be going to.

Paige Hi! i sometimes feel like i read this book by FATE because i would of never read or heard of this book if it wasn't for my schools book fair. At our school are library is connected with the elementary library and we have study hall in there well the librarian said if we helped her with the elementary kids she would let us get one free book and i picked that one and now i have read it 5 times and have been lending it to my friends and i can NOT wait until the next book comes out!!!!

Paige Larkin wrote: "Paige wrote: "Hi! i sometimes feel like i read this book by FATE because i would of never read or heard of this book if it wasn't for my schools book fair. At our school are library is connected wi..."

I can't wait for neverwas. So excited for the book.

Ryan_delaine When does NEVERWAS come out?

Ryan_delaine And was the 1st book really a dream?

message 50: by Mireya (new)

Mireya Vera I really hope that Richard and Sarah end up together. I cried when Sarah and Jackson were dancing and Richard got mad. I really don't like the idea of Jackson and Sarah together.

« previous 1

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Amber House (other topics)