This topic is about The Language of Flowers
The Language of Flowers > The Language of Flowers General Discussion

Comments (showing 1-7 of 7) (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sarah Null (songgirl7) | 284 comments Mod
Please tag all spoilers!

Robbie Bashore | 139 comments Mod
Thanks for starting this thread, Sarah.

So, did anybody actually like the main character?

No, not at all!! Another friend and I were saying that it's strange to like a book so much when we couldn't stand the main character. But I liked the writing style very much.

Mary | 1 comments In one of my reviews I said I did not want to forgive Victoria; but I did.
What a selfish, uncaring, pig. I nearly threw up when she ate off of other people's plate in a restaurant.

message 5: by Robbie (last edited Oct 06, 2012 09:30AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Robbie Bashore | 139 comments Mod
SPOILER

I thought the section where she was trying to care for her baby by herself was quite poignant. I could really appreciate her feelings, even though I didn't like her actions. I actually got angry with how the people who had helped her so much at first just stopped. Even if she hadn't had rejection issues, that would have been pretty frightening.

Mary wrote: "In one of my reviews I said I did not want to forgive Victoria; but I did.
What a selfish, uncaring, pig. I nearly threw up when she ate off of other people's plate in a restaurant."

It was gross to think of, to be sure. But I actually found it one of the more poignant moments in the book. She was homeless and starving and I thought it rather an ingenious way to keep herself fed. I didn't think it was realistic, though, because at most restaurants that serve risotto and such, the plates would be cleared before the check was paid.

message 7: by Sarah (last edited Oct 08, 2012 12:55PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

(view spoiler)

unread topics | mark unread