Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Magazines

Comments (showing 1-14 of 14) (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by Sara ♥ (new)

Sara ♥ (saranicole) | 319 comments I think the "official" policy is that GR doesn't ENCOURAGE magazines, but we don't actively delete them.

message 3: by ❂ Jennifer (new)

❂ Jennifer  (jennevans) | 871 comments Sara ♥ wrote: "I think the "official" policy is that GR doesn't ENCOURAGE magazines, but we don't actively delete them."

That's correct. They should stay.

message 4: by Krystal109 (new)

Krystal109 | 1083 comments That's what I thought. I really wish they would put a policy up for this. It just looks sloppy having images for magazine entries with no additional information.

It's like... here is the image and no information to let you know what it is or what it is about. It's lazy.

message 5: by Sara ♥ (last edited Sep 12, 2012 01:04AM) (new)

Sara ♥ (saranicole) | 319 comments Do you mean you wish the series had a description? I could add one. I'm familiar with both mags. Or do you mean the individual monthly editions?

message 6: by Krystal109 (new)

Krystal109 | 1083 comments No. The individual magazines.

They don't have any description on the individual magazine publications and what they contain.

message 7: by Sara ♥ (last edited Sep 12, 2012 08:03AM) (new)

Sara ♥ (saranicole) | 319 comments That's kind of hard to do. The issues don't have a theme or anything, it's just a compilation of different stories, articles, pictures, etc. It'd be nice if the cover pictures were larger so you might be able to read what's on the cover. The issues are available for free online though, so if we added links, you'd be able to actually read the things. I can work on that.

message 8: by Krystal109 (new)

Krystal109 | 1083 comments If they available online then they should stay, but yes links would help. Also editor and authors instead of "publisher" would be nice as well if they are available.

If you link me to where they are available I can help out too.

message 9: by Sara ♥ (new)

Sara ♥ (saranicole) | 319 comments I'm going to have to disagree about the editor and authors. It's a Church magazine. If you listed anyone OTHER than the Church, no one would know how to look these magazines up! And while there's probably a head editor and writer, I'm pretty sure it's a big collaborative effort.

I've finished going through The New Era. I added links, larger cover images from the PDFs, and a little blurb for each one stating what the cover article is. Plus, I double-checked the page numbers, format (paperback?), and made sure each was marked as a periodical.

message 10: by Krystal109 (last edited Sep 12, 2012 04:49PM) (new)

Krystal109 | 1083 comments I don't know how policy works, but usually IF AVAILABLE you put the editor and authors. Because I really don't care about magazines, I will not push the issue though, especially since I do not know much about them.

message 11: by Sara ♥ (new)

Sara ♥ (saranicole) | 319 comments I finished up The Friend during my daughter's ridiculously long nap this afternoon. Larger cover images, completed dates, etc.

message 12: by Krystal109 (new)

Krystal109 | 1083 comments Awesome. Thanks so much Sara. I'm glad they are getting more attention instead of being pretty empty.

message 13: by Sara ♥ (new)

Sara ♥ (saranicole) | 319 comments No problem! If they're going to be on here, they SHOULD have some ACTUAL information! What kills me is that they're ISBN-less and there's only ONE version of each issue, yet there were some that had 3 editions listed! I cleaned that up, too. One edition should do it, thank you very much!

message 14: by Krystal109 (new)

Krystal109 | 1083 comments I noticed that too. I think it was just a matter of people not "finding" it and adding a new edition.

unread topics | mark unread