Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Joss Whedon Serenity Graphic Novels

Comments (showing 1-6 of 6) (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by Jenny (last edited Sep 10, 2012 08:55PM) (new)

Jenny (narcisse) | 178 comments I separated #1 and #2 and fixed the series info on #2. I also separated the omnibus editions into their own entries. One of them looks like it is #2 with additional content stories. Is that correct? The other is in Italian and I am not sure how many of the volumes are contained within it.

message 3: by Cait (new)

Cait (tigercait) | 5005 comments I found some information on the Italian edition and added it.

message 4: by Jane (new)

Jane Higginson | 2 comments I have number one and number two which I love,didnt know about the omnibus so thanks very much for this post!

message 5: by Lesli (new)

Lesli (lesmel) | 41 comments "Better Days and Other Stories, the hardcover volume includes the one-shot comic Float Out and the short stories The Other Half and Downtime in addition to the three issues of Better Days." Wikipedia

Now, though, I see issues with the series numbering. Wikipedia has the issue order explained nicely: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serenity...

Those Left Behind is 1.1, 1.2, & 1.3
Better Days is 2.1, 2.2, & 2.3
The Other Half is 3
Float Out is 4
The Shepherd's Tale is 5
Downtime is 6
Serenity: Firefly Class 03-K64 - It's Never Easy is 7

message 6: by Cait (new)

Cait (tigercait) | 5005 comments It's hard to make a cut and dried rule for comics collections, but we generally number short stories in half-steps and novels in whole ones, so I numbered the book-length collections 1, 2, and 3; this matched the series number on The Shepherd's Tale entered last April. (Trade collections are numbered by book, not by the individual issues they collect.)

unread topics | mark unread