The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium, #1) The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo discussion

Comment on the book The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo

Comments (showing 1-35 of 35) (35 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Raisa Ashraf The Book was brilliant!!! I never expected the twists and turns it takes. :D

Salo I agree with Raisa, it was realy interesting and wonderful book. I enjoyed it very much

Haifa The book is just wonderful.. totally in love with Lisbeth Salander.

Jeni I liked this whole series very much. I had a bit of difficulty with perspective regarding money and distances, but once I replaced the monetary unit with "lots of cash" and the distance with "pretty danged far" I did much better.

:)

message 5: by Gayle (last edited Sep 15, 2012 01:17AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gayle I, too, thought the book was brilliant and the character of Lisbeth Salander both repulsive and sympathetic at the same time. I devoured the book and quickly went on to read the second and third books in the Millenium Series as soon as they came out (in paperback!). Then I sent for the books "Stieg Larsson, My Friend" by Kurdo Baksi and "There Are Things I Want You to Know About Stieg Larsson and Me" by Eva Gabrielsson, his longtime life partner. These two books explained a lot about Larsson's talent for seeing the world through female eyes and with compassion for those suffering from injustice. How sad that he died too soon for he surely had many more brilliant books planned.Stieg Larsson

Nergis Balta Lisbeth Salander is a unique character.I had fun with it :)

Charbel Brilliant book.

Edie Hippern I loved this book but I think the editor could have done a better job. Some of the extraneous affairs add nothing to the plot and you wonder why they are there. Obviously the movie producer felt the same way and eliminated them. However, I am in love with this new character Lisbeth Salander. Such a fresh perspective. Couldn't put it down. Hoping they can resolve the family dispute so we can get the fourth book.

Donnica Well a fourth book and an American sequel would be great.... the international versions are great but I like all perspectives...

Sharon Mcshane I really enjoyed the whole series. They were a bit wordy and confusing at times but well worth the time. I saw the movie also. I was glad I read the book first.

Milena Wonderful book! The Lisbeth Salander is a charming character! I love it.

message 12: by Kate (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kate This was a really great book, though in the beginning it was a little slow. But I absolutely love Lisabeth's character!

Kevin Conner I read all three books and enjoyed, although I would have to say much like many other series the first book is usually the best. I found that to be the case here too. By the third book I started to feel too connected to the style of the author and not as intrigued as the initial book. But overall enjoyed very much. I find the Milena's comment of, "The Lisbeth Salander is a charming character!" very interesting. Charming is not the word I would first choose to describe Lisbeth. Dark, Defiant, awkward, mysterious are all more words that first come to mind for me. But either way I enjoyed these books as a change of pace to other more serious readings.

Prerna Hi,
Sorry for spamming, but I would be glad if you could take a look at
https://www.facebook.com/TheDumbAndTh...
This is my first fiction co-authored with Abhinav Shrivastava.

Cheers!
Prerna

Regina Akahoshi A wonderful books and the two others are marvelous...

Afifah Lisbeth Salander is the coolest girl character i ever read, soooo awesome the way she did to her guardian who abuse and rape her fiercely

Micki Hey, does anyone remember why Lisbeth has a dragon tatoo on her back? I can't recall.

Afifah it's not written in the book, at least not in the first book, I dunno about the second and the third, haven't read it yet.

message 19: by Melodie (new)

Melodie At first I really didn't want to read the book but since my mum borrowed it from one of her friend and since I had nothing else to read I started it and guess what I was hooked ! Some details were very raw sometimes and even part of the book difficult to read but overall I loved the story ! And Lisbeth is like my heroe ! lol

Annemarie Donahue Loved this book, but I'm a little timid to read the sequels.

message 21: by Book (new) - rated it 5 stars

Book Worm Micki wrote: "Hey, does anyone remember why Lisbeth has a dragon tatoo on her back? I can't recall."

I don't recall any of the trilogy revealing WHY Lisbeth got her dragon tattoo but I always thought it perfectly embodied her: scaly prickly, scary smart, antisocial so definitely not the type to be BFFs with everybody, misunderstood, needs a "BEWARE of girl on fire" sign for sure! I guess you could call her an anti-heroine, which is what I loved so much about her character...she's just so FIERCE!

Roxanne Bland I could have done without the first 250 pages or so (the trial, etc.) and gone straight to the meat of the story. That was fantastic. Though I do wonder why Lisbet destroyed the evidence and then said we have to find out who these girls were. Unless I missed something in the translation...

message 23: by Sue (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sue If you liked Girl with a Dragon Tattoo.... then keep it going.... The two sequels to this fabulous read are even better. Bravo Mr. Larsson. You made it to my top 10 author list.

Grouchy Editor I think this might be a rare case where the movie (both of them) is better than the book. The Salander character is intriguing, but it's really just a run-of-the-mill serial killer story, not unlike scores of similar, American thrillers. If you really want some good Scandinavian crime fiction, I'd recommend Henning Mankell.

message 25: by Melodie (new)

Melodie Sue wrote: "If you liked Girl with a Dragon Tattoo.... then keep it going.... The two sequels to this fabulous read are even better. Bravo Mr. Larsson. You made it to my top 10 author list."

The whole serie was a real master peace !

Jaidev Gripping, Sharp. Its by far the best novel that I read, Absolutely loved the characters.

message 27: by G.S. (new) - rated it 4 stars

G.S. Bains Edie wrote: "I loved this book but I think the editor could have done a better job. Some of the extraneous affairs add nothing to the plot and you wonder why they are there. Obviously the movie producer felt th..."

There is a 4th book? Did not know this :-)

message 28: by Melodie (last edited Jan 23, 2013 03:27AM) (new)

Melodie No there is no 4th book... There were some rumors saying that Steig Larson started writting a 4th novel before his death but that his wife doesn't want it to be published (copyright reasons....) but I don't think it's true... What I do believe, though is that is he was still alive Millenium would have continued ....

message 29: by Randy (new) - added it

Randy Supposedly he was planning on writing spin off books. That was one of the reasons he introduced and spent so much time with all the new characters in the 2nd and 3rd books.

Also, the dragon tattoo had very little to do with anything. It was barely mentioned in all 3 books. Lisbeth's wasp tattoo was far more important to the character. I don't know why they changed the name of the book to Girl with the Dragon Tattoo for the english market. I get that the book likely would've bombed with the original name and that Girl with the Wasp Tattoo doesn't quite have the same ring to it, but surely they could've come up with something more meaningful.

message 30: by G.S. (new) - rated it 4 stars

G.S. Bains Just borrowed the second and third films, will see how I get on with them as the books were brilliant

Shubham Tripathi Wonderful Book!

Denise One of the few books that have a brilliant movie to represent it as the masterpiece that it is!!

message 33: by Kirk (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kirk The plots were excellent as was the character development. The parts I couldn't credit were the ease of hacking. Surely once Mikhel knows she's hacking his PC a few security updates could have easily stopped her.

I read all 3 of these while on a 20-day trek in the Himalayas after finding used copies in Namche.

message 34: by Edie (new) - rated it 5 stars

Edie Hippern Melodie wrote: "No there is no 4th book... There were some rumors saying that Steig Larson started writting a 4th novel before his death but that his wife doesn't want it to be published (copyright reasons....) b..."

There is a completed manuscript that is in limbo until the dispute between his partner and the siblings can be resolved in court. The publishing house have it but no permission to publish.

message 35: by Tytti (new) - rated it 1 star

Tytti Donnica wrote: "Well a fourth book and an American sequel would be great.... the international versions are great but I like all perspectives..."

An American sequal? What international versions? The author was Swedish, so it is a Swedish perspective. (Not very good one, IMO.) Why do you want make everything "American"?

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Stieg Larsson (other topics)