The Secret of the Old Clock (Nancy Drew, #1) The Secret of the Old Clock discussion

hardy boys vs. nancy drew

Comments (showing 1-50 of 79) (79 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

♥TaylorSquared♥ i read some of the nancy drew and 2 of the hardy boys. which 1 is ur fav. mystery gang? cant decide. hardy boys r better since there's more than 1, but nancy drew's mysteries are kool. CANT DECIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Savvy I like Nancy. But you must look for the Super Mystery specials if you like both of them!

Christie I like the Hardy Boys better just because there is more action. But I agree with Savvy, the super mysteries are the best!

Brooke HARDY BOYS!!!

message 5: by Sarah (new) - added it

Sarah Richmond Nancy Drew!!!!!!!!!

message 6: by Sarah (new) - added it

Sarah Richmond Go Nancy Drew!!!!!!:)

message 7: by Sarah (new) - added it

Sarah Richmond Go Nancy Drew!!!!!!:)

Allie I LOVE Nancy Drew!!! I still collect anything Nancy Drew and Im 27. I have a Nancy Drew watch, necklace, cook book, address book, memo pads, journals, shirts. So I'm with Sarah....Go Nancy Drew!!!!!!!

message 9: by Sarah (new) - added it

Sarah Richmond YEEEESSSS!!!

Savvy What kind of Nancy Drew books do you guys read? I read the ones with Mick.

message 11: by Ashton (new) - added it

Ashton Go Nancy

message 12: by Ashton (new) - added it

Ashton Savvy wrote: "What kind of Nancy Drew books do you guys read? I read the ones with Mick."

Go Nancy iread almost all of them i love the graphic novel version too

message 13: by Jeni (new)

Jeni Tough choice! I grew up reading both and liked them both equally. I'm going to lean toward Nancy Drew because she's a girl. Sorry, guys!

Savvy Ashton wrote: "Savvy wrote: "What kind of Nancy Drew books do you guys read? I read the ones with Mick."

Go Nancy iread almost all of them i love the graphic novel version too"

Maybe my sister would like those... That's a good idea!

Allie Savvy wrote: "What kind of Nancy Drew books do you guys read? I read the ones with Mick."

I only collect the original 56 stories.

Occamy Potter Occamy I like both.....

Savvy Allie wrote: "Savvy wrote: "What kind of Nancy Drew books do you guys read? I read the ones with Mick."

I only collect the original 56 stories."

I don't have all of the original ones yet. I have up to 20 I think.

Allie It took me a while to track them all down.

Sheila When I was a kid I had both Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew. Thanks to my dad he collected Hardy Boys. Than he took me out to get Nancy Drew. I liked Nancy Drew better.

message 20: by Sarah (new) - added it

Sarah Richmond That's great Sheila!!!

Sheila Sarah wrote: "That's great Sheila!!!"
Thank you

Plaimont Nancy Drew! I must say, though, that I do enjoy the books when she gets together with the Hardy Boys and they all work together to solve the mystery!

Kirby I loved nancy drew growing up, but I've never read any hardy boys...are they pretty similar?

Shubham **Nancy Drew**

message 25: by Mark (new) - rated it 3 stars

Mark When I was young I only read The Hardy Boys, but did watch Nancy Drew on the telly, had a small crush on her. Still have avrious Hardy Boys and ND books in the house but that is mostly because the missus is an English teacher and since that Hardy books have very few bookrapports online it is good for some beginning students to read them and practice their English without being able to "cheat".

message 26: by Sheila (last edited Nov 02, 2012 08:23AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sheila I had a whole collection of them. My father kept them for me. He never threw out a book. My dad eventually died from Alzheimer's. and when my daughter started reading on her own I thought it was the perfect time to start her on the Nancy Drew books. When I went over to my mother's house to get them they weren't there. My mother said she never touched them although she sold a lot of my dad's books. I recently sold my mother's house and while cleaning out I still didn't find them. Which it only proves to me she sold them. My son is an English teacher and a while back he gave me the 1st 6 books to make up for what I lost. I will treasure them forever. If I ever have a granddaughter I hope to bring the joy of reading to her and share those ND books.

message 27: by Brad (new) - rated it 4 stars

Brad *Nancy Drew*

message 28: by Sarah (new) - added it

Sarah Richmond Jae wrote: "*Nancy Drew*"

Yes I am a Nancy Drew fan too!!

message 29: by Sarah (new) - added it

Sarah Richmond Hey Jae
You should join my group called Nancy Drew Fans Only.

message 30: by Brad (new) - rated it 4 stars

Brad I've just joined!!

message 31: by Sarah (new) - added it

Sarah Richmond Go Nancy Drew!!!

message 32: by Sarah (new) - added it

Sarah Richmond Hey

message 33: by Sarah (new) - added it

Sarah Richmond How is everyone doing?

Brooke Sarah wrote: "How is everyone doing?"
Lovely. How are you?

Nessy96 Jeni wrote: "Tough choice! I grew up reading both and liked them both equally. I'm going to lean toward Nancy Drew because she's a girl. Sorry, guys!"

me too!!:)

message 36: by Sarah (new) - added it

Sarah Richmond Brooke wrote: "Sarah wrote: "How is everyone doing?"
Lovely. How are you?"

I doing good Brooke!

Suzanne Lucas I'm 41 and I grew up on Nancy Drew books in the late 70s/early 80s (holy crap, I feel old). I loved them and I probably read the whole collection that was available at the time. When I ran out, that's when I started reading the Hardy Boys, but it wasn't quite the same.

message 38: by C. (new) - rated it 2 stars

C. The 1980s still feel recent to me. The best music and movies emerged from them, I feel!

Sheila C. wrote: "The 1980s still feel recent to me. The best music and movies emerged from them, I feel!"

I agree :)

Wildhorse204 Allie wrote: "I LOVE Nancy Drew!!! I still collect anything Nancy Drew and Im 27. I have a Nancy Drew watch, necklace, cook book, address book, memo pads, journals, shirts. So I'm with Sarah....Go Nancy Drew!!!!!!!"

YES!! Nancy Drew is the best! I have read tons of her books! They are and always will be the best books EVER!

Wildhorse204 Allie wrote: "Savvy wrote: "What kind of Nancy Drew books do you guys read? I read the ones with Mick."

I only collect the original 56 stories."

I read them all. They're all great!

message 42: by Emma (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emma I agree with you wildhorse. Nancy Drew original are great. I haven't read as many as you but I'm getting more all the time. :)

message 43: by Emma (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emma Also who is mick?

Wildhorse204 Emma wrote: "Also who is mick?"

Mick is a guy nancy liked other than ned

message 45: by Emma (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emma I know she liked Dave in the secret of shadow ranch but I never knew she liked a mick

Wildhorse204 Emma wrote: "I know she liked Dave in the secret of shadow ranch but I never knew she liked a mick"
Really?!? i forgot that.

message 47: by Emma (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emma Yeah, she danced with him and her even called her cookie. He said that he really likes her.

Wildhorse204 Emma wrote: "Yeah, she danced with him and her even called her cookie. He said that he really likes her."
Ooooooooo

message 49: by Emma (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emma Alice said "as for you you, Nancy, he's really flipped!" "And what'll poor Ned do?" George teased.

message 50: by Emma (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emma That was said on page 111 chapter missing artist

« previous 1

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

The Secret of the Old Clock (other topics)