The Rise of Nine (Lorien Legacies, #3) The Rise of Nine discussion

Massive speculations...

Comments (showing 1-18 of 18) (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mojoboy31 (last edited Sep 02, 2012 03:03PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mojoboy31 So, pretty much everyone wants to complain about two things: Four not being with Six.

And not "realizing what's really important, rebuilding Lorien."

So what we have is your basic Lois Lane vs Wonder Woman argument.

But the latter got me thinking.

Why is rebuilding Lorien so important?
Excuse me, but I think there are about six BILLION people on Earth. Shouldn't they try and save them, rather than just jetting off to a "dead planet" to rebuild?

So here's my theories...

Humans, Loric, Mogadorians are all the same race, or somehow related, and they all have a part to play in the struggle. Think about this; Nine Garde were sent to Earth. One, Two, and Three were killed.

In I Am Number Four, John picks up Sam, and Sarah, then in Power of Six, they pick up Ella, a Garde no one knew about.

Do the math, add Sarah, Sam, Ella to the remaining six, and we have nine. Coincidence?... I think not.

I think they were sent to Earth, not just to hide, and not just to save Earth or defeat the Mogs, but I think they were sent here to rebuild Lorien on Earth...

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

ohh... I like this! I have been disheartened with all the human hating and anti-Sarah discussion in the other threads. But the Loric were sent to Earth and have from the very beginning(Sam's dad)been aided by humans. I think it will take the combined effort of Lorics and humans to bring down the Mogs and get rid of their hold on the U.S. Government. Also there has already been mentions of possible Loric/human offspring being amazing and doing amazing things. Can't wait to see what happens next!

Leti Del Mar
The Inadvertent Thief by Leti Del Mar

message 3: by Daunte (new)

Daunte I actually thought about this as well. The only two things I think you missed out is that there were ten Garde sent to earth, and that there are ten allies. This is how I thought of it. There were humans that were sent to help the loric children get settled, right. This is where we seperate, Most if not all of these Humans probably had children maybe or maybe not around the age of the Garde. These were a chosen few who would help the Garde rebuild later on, but tragedy fell on them. Maddy from Nine's story may have been a child of one of the people and her dad was taken by the mogs. This could have happened to the rest of them as well. That leaves Sam, not Sarah I do believe she may or may not be connected to this matter. Now I come back to my point. That leaves two spots if Sarah doesn't fill one. One could go to a possible ally of Five since her story hasn't been uncovered yet and the other..... drumroll please Adam the mogadorian with a Garde in his head. "10 Children who were born with strong hearts who were meant to replace the elders" In the end I think one, two and three will be replaced by
Adam: Who posses a garde inside him which may enable him to use her legacies, The second child ( Be Sarah or an ally of Five), And Sam: Who may have Loric Decent...

Kinda outlandish, but there's nothing wrong with a wild theory

Mojoboy31 @Leti
Seriously! What's up with all the Sarah hate?

@Daunte
Yeah, it definitely seems to me that the human allies they've picked up, have a much bigger role to play than it appears at first. And we'll see what happens with Adam...

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Daunte wrote: "I actually thought about this as well. The only two things I think you missed out is that there were ten Garde sent to earth, and that there are ten allies. This is how I thought of it. There were ..."

I like it. I hadn't thought about replacing 1,2&3. Good idea!

Mojoboy31 Leti wrote: "Daunte wrote: "I actually thought about this as well. The only two things I think you missed out is that there were ten Garde sent to earth, and that there are ten allies. This is how I thought of ..."

Like I said; do the math.
It seems to me that that's where they're going.

Kimberly Mojoboy31 wrote: "So, pretty much everyone wants to complain about two things: Four not being with Six.

And not "realizing what's really important, rebuilding Lorien."

So what we have is your basic Lois Lane vs W..."

Interesting. I was thinking about the "pairings" when I finished Nine. I'm thinking Four/Sarah, Six/Sam, Seven/Eight, Nine/Ten-Ella. But then there is Five to meet in the next book, so...? :)

Getting ready to read the Lost Files and try to figure this out - even if I do have 7 months lol

message 8: by Mojoboy31 (last edited Sep 06, 2012 06:42PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mojoboy31 @Kimberly

lol, yeah, I can't believe we have to wait so long for the next book!...

I wasn't really gonna get into the whole Sarah vs Six thing, but here goes.

Everybody wants to complain about "Sarah's betrayal" even though it was explained that she didn't betray him at all.

And everyone just wants to talk about how tough, and cool Six is.

Does anyone care that she's kind of a ho?
I mean, seriously. She knew John was in a relationship with Sarah, but flirted with him constantly anyway.

She knew Sam had a huge thing for her, and supposedly she likes him too, but then she goes and flirts with Eight right in front of Seven, who she knows has a huge thing for him...

So, what? She just has to flirt with the whole world? lol, doesn't make much sense to me...

Raluca Bratfalean I feel exactly the same way about the Sarah and Six story... I mean come on, if Four chooses to be with Sarah, it is his choice and there is nothing we can do about it... Plus, she is not really that bad.

And I also think that they should concentrate on saving Earth... From what I understood, Lorien is destroyed. Gone. All the people there are dead... So why bother?? Instead they should be focusing on killing all the Mogs on Earth and then think of Lorien...

So I really liked what happened in this book and I was satisfied of the decisions made. It was perfect.

Mojoboy31 @Ralu, yeah, I agree, I was very happy with the way the book played out.

As I understand it, Lorien is in some kind of "hibernation", waiting for the Garde to return. If I remember the first book correctly, but that could all be subject to change now, pretty much everything Henri told John in book about Lorien has been changed...

Kimberly @Mojoboy - you're right. A LOT has changed from what Henri told John. What's up with that? So many inconsistencies between all of the books that I have a list going at home. So, do Loriens fall in love for life or not? Can the Chests be force-opened or not? Are 9 of the 10 elders still alive?

Mojoboy31 @Kimberly. lol, I have no idea what's up with that... That's one of the reasons I don't like Six very much. She kinda just took a dump over everything Henri told John in book one. Most things either no longer apply or are a matter of opinion; like the love for life thing, which was one of the things I liked the most about the book. It made them different from every other young adult series. All the others need their token love triangle. I was so impressed that they were forgoing that in Lorien Legacies...

And then came book two, and killed it, and most everything else about the mythology of the series, lol...

Kimberly I just discovered more material. On the Pittacus Lore website there is "Sarah's Journal" and "The Origin of Eight". Also a blurb from the Search for Sam lost legacy book. And then there is another website (I think its Penguin books) for I am number four, and there is a blog. I can't tell if just anyone can post or if its hints or what but one post is from Five and says that Pittacus is with Five and they're fighting. ...I don't know now. Time to search Facebook haha

themikko Kimberly wrote: "I just discovered more material. On the Pittacus Lore website there is "Sarah's Journal" and "The Origin of Eight". Also a blurb from the Search for Sam lost legacy book. And then there is another ..."

Give us the link plsssss :))

message 15: by Kimberly (last edited Sep 18, 2012 06:16PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kimberly Oh duh - lol:

http://www.iamnumberfour.co.uk/

This one is best:
http://iamnumberfourfans.com/pittacus...

the "extras" are where the Journal and Eight's deal is

BOTH have links to their Facebook pages.

Mojoboy31 Thanks...

Mojoboy31 I posted this in another thread, but I thought it fit here.

I have a new theory about all the Mogs disappearing.

Remember Eight "manifested" those creatures for them to fight near the lake?

Maybe the Mogs in the base were just "manifestations" of Ra's. So when Ella hit him with the stone, his "Legacies" stopped functioning, and all the Mogs disappeared...

Kenneth Manangan Mojoboy31 wrote: "Thanks..."
He did not manifest those creatures. he is those creature. Eight can shape shift remember?

Also, what Ella threw was not a stone. You will know once you read Fall of Five.

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

The Rise of Nine (other topics)
The Inadvertent Thief (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Leti Del Mar (other topics)