Historical Fictionistas discussion

Winter of the World (The Century Trilogy #2)
This topic is about Winter of the World
Historical Fiction Discussions > Winter of the World comments

Comments (showing 1-10 of 10) (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Garth Ken Follett's Winter of the World comes out September 18th. Once you've read some of the book, post your reactions here. If you're going to include a spoiler, please head your comment with SPOILER ALERT.

message 2: by Chris (new)

Chris  (haughtc) | 581 comments Winter is coming....

message 3: by Dem (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dem | 331 comments I am reading and loving Fall of Giants at the moment and really looking forward to Winter of The World on Sept 18th

Katz Nancy from NJ (Nancyk18) | 2574 comments I am also looking forward to reading Winter of the World but wonder if I should reread Fall of Giants since I first read it when it came out and don't remember a lot about it. I guess I should have taken notes. Don't laugh, I used to do this.

message 5: by Dem (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dem | 331 comments Nancy wrote: "I am also looking forward to reading Winter of the World but wonder if I should reread Fall of Giants since I first read it when it came out and don't remember a lot about it. I guess I should hav..."

I know the feeling, I sometimes read a book at the begining of the month for a bookclub meeting and by the time the meeting comes around I have forgotten characters names and facts and like you have to write notes on the book. So you are not alone Nancy!

Katz Nancy from NJ (Nancyk18) | 2574 comments It's always goo to know I am not alone. LOL

message 7: by Rob (new) - rated it 3 stars

Rob Godfrey | 13 comments I had read Fall of Giants and enjoyed it, so when I saw Winter of the World for 20p for the Kindle in September I was dead chuffed.
However, I didn't find it that good. Maybe I was just in a particular state of mind, but it became a bit of a chore to read it ;-(

Katz Nancy from NJ (Nancyk18) | 2574 comments I agree with you Rob. I was really diappointed in Winter of the World. As far as the historical elements I think there are far better books that deal with this like Winds of War and War and Remembrance by herman Wouk. And the personal stories weren't all that interesting either. I'm not sure I'll even read the last one in the trilogy when it's published.

JenC. (jencornelius) | 484 comments I listened to them both on audio - Excellent narration!! I liked FofG better, but both were very good.

message 10: by Rob (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rob I thought Fall of Giants was better but did enjoy the second installment as well. Herman Wouks series would be hard to surpass perhaps the two books that started my love of reading.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Fall of Giants (other topics)