Vaginal Fantasy Book Club discussion

Cthulhurotica > E Reader Versions

Comments (showing 1-50 of 82) (82 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Angela (last edited Aug 29, 2012 12:06AM) (new)

Angela (angelaromain) | 9 comments Amazon wouldn't allow me to buy the Kindle version but you can buy the mobi file and other versions direct from the publishers here http://cthulhurotica.com/2012/06/30/n...

message 2: by Marcia (new)

Marcia Mchale | 10 comments Yeah. It's also not available for the Nook. Thanks for the link! :D

message 3: by Seawood (new)

Seawood | 176 comments Aaah, thank you - couldn't get it on Amazon UK. Much appreciated.

message 4: by Rachele (new)

Rachele | 28 comments I didn't have any trouble buying it for my kindle (US). AND! It was only $3.99!

message 5: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten Bailey (klbailey) | 86 comments I found it on Kindle but I had to lie to them and say I was in the US. Apparently it's just too difficult to publish just about anything in Australia.

message 6: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte (fellie) | 26 comments Thanks for the link, I couldn't get it in New Zealand

Michelle ♣ Ndayeni (Ndayeni) | 64 comments Rachele wrote: "I didn't have any trouble buying it for my kindle (US). AND! It was only $3.99!"

Yeah, I was pleased to see that it was so cheap. The alt pick was also on sale or something for something like $5.49 I think when I got them both on Amazon US last night after the show, so I got both for just under $10US

message 8: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (Scarletgeek) | 1 comments Thanks for the link Angela. I much prefer paying an independent publisher directly and much easier than changing my Amazon account location (Australian too).

message 9: by Carrie (new)

Carrie (carriecuinn) Thank you, everyone who's bought the book and is talking about it. I created and edited Cthulhurotica, and I hope you all enjoy it.

message 10: by Leah (new)

Leah | 100 comments If anyone is looking for the paperback version, that link is the place to go. Barnes & Noble is charging $137 so states their website.

message 11: by Monica (new)

Monica (Monica1969) | 27 comments I don't know if I got lucky, but I was able to read the book (I figure) right from the goodreads app on my iPod Touch...

Maybe Carrie, you can confirm or deny this statement? =)

message 12: by Carrie (new)

Carrie (carriecuinn) Monica wrote: "I don't know if I got lucky, but I was able to read the book (I figure) right from the goodreads app on my iPod Touch...

Maybe Carrie, you can confirm or deny this statement? =)"

You should be able to read the beginning 20% of the book here on Goodreads as a free preview, but you'll have to purchase it to read the rest.

message 13: by Olivia ツ (new)

Olivia ツ (liv_reads) | 8 comments Thanks for the link! Was having a hard time finding it.

message 14: by Becca (new)

Becca (herblackwings29) | 36 comments Carrie wrote: "Thank you, everyone who's bought the book and is talking about it. I created and edited Cthulhurotica, and I hope you all enjoy it."

30% through and I'm really enjoying it so far. :)

message 15: by Msshel (last edited Aug 29, 2012 11:53AM) (new)

Msshel | 2 comments I have a Nook and purcased the book directly from Dagan Books this morning. It loaded with no problems.

message 16: by Tegan (new)

Tegan (joggiwagga) | 276 comments Tnx for the link, this one my library system does not have in any of its member libraries. Been meaning to read.

message 17: by Savannah (new)

Savannah (nicocoer) | 13 comments Tegan, I can't find *any* libraries that carry it, so it's not just your system. Something about erotica and Cthulhu just scares off the funding for it...

message 18: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 46 comments Savannah Nicole wrote: "Tegan, I can't find *any* libraries that carry it, so it's not just your system. Something about erotica and Cthulhu just scares off the funding for it..."

Yep, this looks like one I'm buying. No problem though for an indie book.

message 19: by Jess (new)

Jess (Turpentine_Chaser) | 46 comments I'm technologically challenged. Can anyone tell me how to download from other sites than b&n using my nook simple touch?

message 20: by Vicky (new)

Vicky (vnorthw) | 493 comments Mod
Jess wrote: "I'm technologically challenged. Can anyone tell me how to download from other sites than b&n using my nook simple touch?"

You have to download them to your computer and then transfer them to your Nook.

With your Nook plugged into the computer navigate to the "My Documents" folder on the Nook. You can then drag and drop the .epub file from your computer onto your Nook and it will be in your library.

message 21: by Loyd (new)

Loyd | 2 comments If you're on a Mac it's almost the same, at least with OS X Lion. If you buy the book from the publisher it goes by default to the Downloads folder in Finder.

Plug your Nook into the USB port on your Mac and it will appear on your desktop as "Nook." Double click on that icon and go to a folder called "My Files," double click the "My Files" folder and you see folders for "Books" "Documents" "Magazines" and "Newspapers". Double click "Books". Now drag the book from Downloads in Finder and drop it in the "Books" folder.

Be sure to right-click on the "Nook" icon on your desktop and click Eject Device before you unplug.

message 22: by Christine (new)

Christine  | 29 comments Did someone say they got the alt pick from outside of the US in ereader form? I don't have the patience to wait the long ass time for it to ship all the way down here to NZ

message 23: by Angela (new)

Angela (angelaromain) | 9 comments Which format were you after? You can get epub format here
http://www.whitcoulls.co.nz/ebook/ete...

message 24: by Jess (new)

Jess (Turpentine_Chaser) | 46 comments Thankyou!

message 25: by hikari (new)

hikari | 13 comments Yay! I was about to sulk because of lack of Kindle version as well :)

message 26: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (Koiria) | 11 comments You can always buy the eversion and convert the file to the version that is right for you.

http://www.convertfiles.com/convert/e...

message 27: by Karen (new)

Karen (Puggles) Thanks for the help guys! I really thought I wasn't going to be able to read it! Good thing I remembered to check on here :D This is actually the first time I'm going to read one of the books the girls recommended. Hope its good hehe :)

message 28: by Jon (new)

Jon  | 91 comments Thanks for the link, It was begining to drive me bonkers that i couldn't find an ebook version (uk)

message 29: by Helen (new)

Helen Jones (tinyType) | 14 comments I must be missing something but I can't find the alt on amazon (US) for the kindle...can someone point me in the right direction?

message 30: by Amy (new)

Amy | 58 comments Helen wrote: "I must be missing something but I can't find the alt on amazon (US) for the kindle...can someone point me in the right direction?"

Amazon unfortunately isn't carrying an e-Edition of this months alt in the US.

message 31: by Jute (last edited Sep 03, 2012 10:21AM) (new)

Jute | 238 comments Helen wrote: "I must be missing something but I can't find the alt on amazon (US) for the kindle...can someone point me in the right direction?"

I bought it on the Kindle...

Did something change in the last few days?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004...

message 32: by Candace (new)

Candace (CSavvy) | 13 comments Jute wrote: "Helen wrote: "I must be missing something but I can't find the alt on amazon (US) for the kindle...can someone point me in the right direction?"

Did something change ..."

Helen was asking about the alt read, Eternal Pleasure :-).

Has anyone found an ebook version of this yet?

message 33: by Michelle ♣ Ndayeni (last edited Sep 03, 2012 12:09PM) (new)

Michelle ♣ Ndayeni (Ndayeni) | 64 comments Candace wrote: "Jute wrote: "Helen wrote: "I must be missing something but I can't find the alt on amazon (US) for the kindle...can someone point me in the right direction?"

Did some..."

That's really strange. I bought the Kindle version of both books from Amazon right after the hangout. I just looked on my Kindle and verified that I had both and wasn't misremembering. I looked again on Amazon just now though and sure enough, there's only paper and audio versions listed for Eternal Pleasure now, with a "tell the publisher I want this on Kindle" link. So I guess for some reason they removed the Kindle version of it in the last week.

message 34: by Angela (new)

Angela (angelaromain) | 9 comments Has anyone tried the link I posted http://www.whitcoulls.co.nz/ebook/ete... and then converted it using the link Elizabeth posted http://www.convertfiles.com/convert/e...
I would try it but I managed to buy the Kindle version before it was removed from Amazon

message 35: by Angela (new)

Angela (angelaromain) | 9 comments The first link is in NZ dollars but works out to $4.75 in US dollars and its Whitcoulls which is like the NZ version of Barnes and Noble. Just wondering if it works?

message 36: by Helen (new)

Helen Jones (tinyType) | 14 comments Angela wrote: "Has anyone tried the link I posted http://www.whitcoulls.co.nz/ebook/ete... and then converted it using the link Elizabeth posted http://www.convertfiles.com/convert/e...-..."

I think the conversion will only work if the book is DRM free. Do you know if that version is?

message 37: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (Koiria) | 11 comments I went to the whitcoulls website and bought the book. I had to fake my zip code to be in NZ. They charged me the $4.75, but I am not able to download the book still, even though they claim you would be able to download the book right away. I have sent them an email but they said it would take 2-4 business days to respond. I have googled the problem and there are alot of complaints that this website does this to their costumers often. I will post another comment when I hear from them and figure out a problem.

message 38: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (Koiria) | 11 comments Helen wrote: "Angela wrote: "Has anyone tried the link I posted http://www.whitcoulls.co.nz/ebook/ete... and then converted it using the link Elizabeth posted http://www.convertfiles.com/conv..."

I have used the conversion site many, many times, and the only problem I've ever had with it, is that sometimes when I transfer the file onto my Kindle Fire, the book appears under "docs" instead of "books". But I am still able to read it just fine.

message 39: by Helen (new)

Helen Jones (tinyType) | 14 comments Elizabeth wrote: "Helen wrote: "Angela wrote: "Has anyone tried the link I posted http://www.whitcoulls.co.nz/ebook/ete... and then converted it using the link Elizabeth posted http://www.convert..."

I tried it on a book I bought through apple's ibookstore that I now want to read on my kindle but wasn't able to get it to work. That's why I was thinking DRM might be an issue. You can also convert books within Calibre but only if they are DRM free.

message 40: by Angela (new)

Angela (angelaromain) | 9 comments I'm guessing that the Whitcoulls book is probably not DRM free though I do use Calibre and with a bit of technical know how (you can find it on the net) I managed to remove the DRM.

message 41: by Angela (new)

Angela (angelaromain) | 9 comments Let me know how you get on with Whitcoulls Elizabeth

message 42: by Christine (new)

Christine  | 29 comments Whitcoulls are now saying it is out of stock and not available for order. *grumble grumble*

message 43: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (Koiria) | 11 comments I got an email from them, they said it was some technical problem and they are passing it to someone else and I *should* have it in the next 24 hours. But I just looked at the website and they now have the ebook listed as "sold out" and are not selling it anymore...

message 44: by Christine (new)

Christine  | 29 comments Elizabeth wrote: "I got an email from them, they said it was some technical problem and they are passing it to someone else and I *should* have it in the next 24 hours. But I just looked at the website and they now..."

yay new Zealand customer service at it's best. *more grumble grumble*

Michelle ♣ Ndayeni (Ndayeni) | 64 comments Elizabeth wrote: "But I just looked at the website and they now have the ebook listed as "sold out" and are not selling it anymore... "

How do they sell out of an ebook? It's not like there are a limited number of copies...

message 46: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (Koiria) | 11 comments Michelle (aka Ndayeni) wrote: "Elizabeth wrote: "But I just looked at the website and they now have the ebook listed as "sold out" and are not selling it anymore... "

How do they sell out of an ebook? It's not like there are a ..."

Well, since I bought the book, and am unable to download it from their website, I guess that could be an e-version of being "sold out"... I am sorta glad they did take it down, I would not want anyone else to go through all this and loose their $4.75!

message 47: by Christine (new)

Christine  | 29 comments A lot of book retailers use the same generic availability status wording for both print and ebook, so if there is a problem with an ebook link, or a title is being made unavailable for any technical reason they apply a similar status that is already set up for print.

Michelle ♣ Ndayeni (Ndayeni) | 64 comments Christine wrote: "A lot of book retailers use the same generic availability status wording for both print and ebook, so if there is a problem with an ebook link, or a title is being made unavailable for any technica..."

That makes sense, and I can see why it's easiest for them to just use the same generic "not available" message, but it still sounds rather odd to say an ebook is sold out ;)

message 49: by Candace (new)

Candace (CSavvy) | 13 comments Michelle (aka Ndayeni) wrote: That makes sense, and I can see why it's easiest for them to just use the same generic "not available" message, but it still sounds rather odd to say an ebook is sold out ;)

I think what's odd is that the ebook mysteriously disappears from Amazon, and now Whitcoulls has "sold out" (or has made "not available") the ebook version as well. Is it just me, or is something rotten in the state of Denmark?

The conspiracy theorist in me thinks something up. Maybe it has something to do with these recent lawsuits against ebook publishers? Or maybe the publisher has an overstock of dead tree copies and is trying to push the sale of those?

message 50: by Angela (new)

Angela (angelaromain) | 9 comments Oh no! It does seem odd that they remove it from Amazon and now Whitcoulls. Something must be up! Just when I thought I was being helpful *grrrrrrr...*

« previous 1

unread topics | mark unread