The Kite Runner The Kite Runner discussion

Adoption

Comments (showing 1-4 of 4) (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Makaila (new) - added it

Makaila Lyons I want to see if any one else saw the adoption coming. From the moment Amir found out about Hassan's son, I knew he was going to be adopted by Amir. Obviosuly this theory was backed by his wife being unable to concieve a child, and finding out that Sohrab was an orphan. I had originally thought that when he would bring Sohrab to the Caldwell's, he would decide to take Sohrab back to America because he had grown close to him. When I found out the Caldwell's didn't exist, I went back on that theory. Then, when Amir and Sohrab were in the hotel and Sohrab hadn't answered him from the otherside of the bathroom door, I thought maybe that was a plot twist. Sohrab being dead would have very much changed the idea of Amir adopting him. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy her was revived, but I think Sohrab being adopted was incredibly predictable.

Chami As you have stated above, Sohrab being adopted was incredibly predictable. I also thought the same thing when Amir found about Hassan's son. The most important fact that should be considered about is whether Amir will adopt Hassan's son if Amir's wife was unable to conceive a child .

Navjeetsingh The story is very much predictable not only in 'adoption respects' but also at many other instances like general's daughter being considered for marriage. The point I want to put is that - the book is not loved and praised because of the story. But because of the intricacies that author has vividly explained of a migrants life, change in culture, valuing the values and destruction of Afghanistan because of unwanted and uncalled wars and also the change in normal course of life of thousands of people who had nothing to do with war. The attitude of the American society towards migrants and not forgetting state of affairs under Talibs.

The book is a memorable one.

Kill the Spare Navjeetsingh wrote: "The story is very much predictable not only in 'adoption respects' but also at many other instances like general's daughter being considered for marriage. The point I want to put is that - the book..."

Well said :)

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

The Kite Runner (other topics)