Second Chance Challenges discussion

Themed Challenges > Creature Feature - Zombies!

Comments (showing 1-25 of 25) (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cherie, Moderator (new)

Cherie (CherieReads) | 850 comments Mod
Creature Feature - Zombies!

This challenge was originally posted in The Challenge Factory
Challenge Creator: Shellbelle

Duration: 1 month from start date

Zombies (undead, walking dead, walkers, living dead, howlers, rotters,the unconsecrated..ect )is a term used to denote an animated corpse brought back to life by mystical means, such as witchcraft. In modern times, the term "zombie" has been applied to an undead race in horror fiction, largely drawn from George A. Romero's 1968 film Night of the Living Dead. They have appeared as plot devices in various books, films and in television shows. And of course the Books are we are all about!

♦♦♦Pick a Level:
•Easy-1 book
•Medium-2 books
•Hard-3 books

♦♦♦Choose a Book(s) With the Featured Creature:
As long as the book as something to do with the "Monster" that is featured each month it will work!

All of the general Challenge Guidelines apply.

message 2: by Cherie, Moderator (last edited Oct 16, 2012 08:46AM) (new)

Participants

Barbara ★ - COMPLETE
Kari
Mallory
Rosa
Sarajayne COMPLETE
Sarajayne Round 2 COMPLETE

message 3: by Mallory Heart (last edited Sep 30, 2012 02:25PM) (new)

Mallory Heart Reviews (Ever-Haunted_Ever-Reader) Going for this one-I've been waiting for Sept. 1 so I can start:)
Hard-3+-no way I will not read at LEAST 3 Zombie books/month LOL
Read: How To Train Your Zombie

Zomblog: Snoe, by TW Brown (advance copy, read Sept. 30)Bad Juju so that does constitute 3 zombie:).

message 4: by Cherie, Moderator (new)

:) Welcome to the challenge Mallory!

message 5: by Cherie, Moderator (new)

Welcome to the challenge Sarajayne!

Teresa in Ohio  (teresainohio) I don't read zombies but my son raves about this series Rot & Ruin

Mallory Heart Reviews (Ever-Haunted_Ever-Reader) Teresa, the author of that series, Jonathan Maberry, rocks-I love his other horror novels

message 8: by Cherie, Moderator (new)

I read part of the first book but abandoned it. I did not like it at all and I'm usually a big zombie fan. It wasn't the story so much as the characters I think. I seem to be one of the only people who doesn't like it, though. Maybe I should give it a second chance.

message 9: by Cherie, Moderator (new)

I think I'll have to check that one out. It's $.99 on Nook right now too. Not quite free but almost. :)

Kari Put me in for a hard level. It actually works out I just got an ARC to review for Dearly, Beloved but I want to read Dearly, Departed first before I jump into the 2nd book :)

Start date September 12th though please. I need to finish by Bingo book first.

message 11: by Cherie, Moderator (new)

Welcome to the challenge Kari!

Kari Sarajayne wrote: "I loved Dearly, Departed! So jealous you have Dearly, Beloved already :)"

I will let you know how it is! The premise looks really interesting so I'm really excited to read it! I've been trying to get to it for a week and a half now... I'm slightly buried under library books and ARCs at the moment. Every spare moment I have that I'm not on Goodreads I'm either glued to my nook or a library book :)

Mallory Heart Reviews (Ever-Haunted_Ever-Reader) Got one done, but can't post review on it until Mon. eve as I read/reviewed it for freebookdude.com, to be published Mon. Sept. 17: How To Train Your Zombie but I gave it 5 Stars:).

message 14: by Rosa (last edited Oct 02, 2012 04:54PM) (new)

Rosa pearce (queen_of_the_weirdos) | 10 comments Im in goin to do easy 1 book start date September 20th

World War Z by Max BrooksWorld War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War

done finished on Oct 1st

message 15: by Barbara ★ (last edited Sep 20, 2012 05:41AM) (new)

Barbara ★ | 153 comments I'm not much on zombies but I did read one book this month that fits this challenge so...

Creature Feature: Zombie
Duration: September 2012

Level: easy

✔1. Half Past Dead - Zoe Archer 9/14

Half Past Dead (Includes  The Blades of the Rose, Prequel; Guardians of the Dark, #1) by Zoe Archer

I don't have any other zombie books on my September list so this challenge is complete.

message 16: by Cherie, Moderator (new)

Welcome to the challenge Rosa!
Welcome and congratulations Barbara! lol

Rosa pearce (queen_of_the_weirdos) | 10 comments Cherie wrote: "Welcome to the challenge Rosa!
Welcome and congratulations Barbara! lol"

thank you

message 18: by Cherie, Moderator (new)

How was it Sara?

message 19: by Cherie, Moderator (new)

Hmm... I guess I won't rush out to get it. It can get moved down the list a little. :)

Mallory Heart Reviews (Ever-Haunted_Ever-Reader) Great idea, Sarajayne-if possible, I'd like to do it again too (I've already got a new zombie book from yesterday-read one on Sunday, guess that won't count-):)

message 21: by Steph Ann (last edited Oct 25, 2012 04:29PM) (new)

Steph Ann | 36 comments I'm hoping to get to some zombie books this month in honor of Halloween. :) I'm going to shoot for Medium.

Creature Feature: Zombies
Duration: October
1/2 complete

1. Blackout by Mira Grant READ 10/19 ****

message 22: by Cherie, Moderator (new)

Please do! Keep it as an ongoing challenge if you like or just come back to it whenever you like.

Hard level is 3 books because this runs as a mini-challenge in The Challenge Factory. If you want to give yourself a bigger goal please feel free to do so. :)

Rosa pearce (queen_of_the_weirdos) | 10 comments Sarajayne wrote: "I just finished an excellent zombie book, Alice in Zombieland (White Rabbit Chronicles, #1) by Gena Showalter. Zombies would have definitely made the original Alice in Wonderland more awesome lol."

I want to so read that book

Rosa pearce (queen_of_the_weirdos) | 10 comments Sarajayne wrote: "Rosa wrote: "Sarajayne wrote: "I just finished an excellent zombie book, Alice in Zombieland (White Rabbit Chronicles, #1) by Gena Showalter. Zombies would have definitely made the original Alice in Wonderland more awesome l..."

awesome

message 25: by Cherie, Moderator (new)

Wow! Congrats! I can't wait to read Alice in Zombieland. I should be getting my copy any day now. :)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Rot and Ruin (other topics)
Dearly, Beloved (other topics)
Dearly, Departed (other topics)
How To Train Your Zombie (other topics)
Half Past Dead (other topics)
More...