Dystopian discussion

City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1)
This topic is about City of Bones
Book Discussions > City of Bones

Comments (showing 1-50 of 83) (83 new)    post a comment »

Giulia (fallingstarwishes) Kinda straightforward.

I really really really liked. I'm not going into details until I'm sure there will not be spoilers.

message 2: by ☞Proud☜, Queen of Dystopia (new) - rated it 5 stars

☞Proud☜ ☺✌Bookworm☮♪ (ImSoFunnyYoureNotLaughing) | 909 comments Mod
I really liked it too! Glad you did!! =D

message 3: by Hannah, Queen of Queens (new) - rated it 5 stars

Hannah | 1276 comments Mod
I loved it!

Blueeyedcrows | 16 comments I'm reading this right now. It's interesting, but I can definitely see how it was adapted from a Harry Potter fanfic. It's a good read so far, though. I like some of the characters. Isabelle is my favorite. Raveners scare the crap out of me (I'm terrified of centipedes).

message 5: by Hannah, Queen of Queens (new) - rated it 5 stars

Isabelle is so oblivious to her obnoxiousness, it's almost sad. I found that I like her character, though. She does have a small bit of kindness, she just hates showing it. Clary kind of got on my nerves with her obliviousness, though. It was fine with Isabelle, but I could easily predict events Clary doesn't see until last minute or after it really counted. I still LOVE the first book and wish the library would speed up the hold process- IVE WAITED FOR 2 WEEKS! (I'm an impatient person =b)

Blueeyedcrows | 16 comments Its that in demand where you are? Wow. I work in a library and we have like 3 copies in at all times. :/ I hope you get it soon. :)

message 7: by Hannah, Queen of Queens (new) - rated it 5 stars

-just finished the second book!-

Giulia (fallingstarwishes) ME TOO!!!
Apparently the City of Glass is the most epic of books so I cant wait. OMG I DO NOT BELIEVE THAT (view spoiler)

message 9: by Hannah, Queen of Queens (last edited Aug 27, 2012 12:11PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

THIS ENTIRE COMMENT IS A SPOILER- READ @ UR OWN RISK!

(view spoiler)

Giulia (fallingstarwishes) EXACTLY! I cannot agree more!

message 11: by Hannah, Queen of Queens (new) - rated it 5 stars

And I kind of liked Isabelle, but Alec was such an emotional jerk in my opinion. -.- and Maia... I dont really know WHAT to think of her!

Giulia (fallingstarwishes) She kinda popped out of nowhere and her description isn't really appealing so I don't know either. :/

Morgan (EllaMinnoP) | 13 comments THESE BOOKS ARE WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!! Cassandra Clare is one of my most favorite authors ever, and her books are in my top 10!! her Infernal Devices are even beter though!! :)

message 14: by Hannah, Queen of Queens (new) - rated it 5 stars

Agreed- and her hating her brother and having a werewolf bf with anger issues is just totally uncalled for.

AND AGREED!

Morgan (EllaMinnoP) | 13 comments Simon is my Fav!!! Have you read the newsest book yet? City of Lost Souls

message 16: by Hannah, Queen of Queens (new) - rated it 5 stars

no im on the 4th book =(

Giulia (fallingstarwishes) I'm trying to get City of Glass but it's $10! What am i supposed to do...?

message 18: by Hannah, Queen of Queens (new) - rated it 5 stars

LIBRARY!

Morgan (EllaMinnoP) | 13 comments Mia will make more sense to you after you read that one, I was kinda unsure myself about her but she gets better :) I still like Simon best with Izzy though...

Giulia (fallingstarwishes) Library in my school sucks :/ and the city library wouldn't hold this kinda stuff...I guess imma just have to beg to get it.

message 21: by Hannah, Queen of Queens (new) - rated it 5 stars

Simon+Izzy=<3 :D

Giulia- =( I wish I could lend it to you. I hope you can get it soon! My school library- its really one of my favourite places in the school itself. The county library is cool, but the teen section is about as big as my bedroom. They crammed all the teen books into a small space with bookshelves against the wall and like 6 computers in the middle of the room. It's nice that they tried, but it's SUPER annoying having NONE of the books you want at the library. So I usually end up putting up to 8 books on hold per week ;D

Giulia (fallingstarwishes) That's sooooooo cool...but then my mum is letting me get it now so yay but I'm bogged down with homework and this Sunday is a national holiday so I have to see the family, etc. etc. Try to read it when I can.

message 23: by Hannah, Queen of Queens (new) - rated it 5 stars

on monday is labor day weekend so we had to see family yesterday and probably tomorrow. I hope you get a chance to read it!!!

Giulia (fallingstarwishes) Labor day weekend? For me it's National Day (one of the two independance days!) so I have an extended weekend too!

message 25: by Hannah, Queen of Queens (new) - rated it 5 stars

We have no school Monday, so the teachers are like "Wellllll, since you have an extended weekend, you have more time to do homework!" and most people are out of town or out of state on vacation (not me) so it really doesn't help with the piles upon piles of homework that i should probably be doing at the moment.

Giulia (fallingstarwishes) Ditto. It's amazing how much they can give us sometimes. I haven't started any of it (though I should have today) cause so much work to do on my groups on GoodReads!

message 27: by Hannah, Queen of Queens (new) - rated it 5 stars

"Amazing" isn't the right word for it. Try 'crazy' or 'headache-worthy'.

I've started, but haven't finished. Goodreads comes first- or in the middle of writing a paragraph- cuz I refuse to stay focused on my long weekend!

Giulia (fallingstarwishes) Procrastination!

message 29: by Hannah, Queen of Queens (new) - rated it 5 stars

PROCRASTINATORS UNITE! (tomorrow)

Giulia (fallingstarwishes) Yay! I love that wallpaper!

message 31: by Hannah, Queen of Queens (new) - rated it 5 stars

XD ME TOO! and the best part is, its TRUE

Giulia (fallingstarwishes) Too true for words. Back from mass eh?

message 33: by Hannah, Queen of Queens (new) - rated it 5 stars

yup. the most boring hour of my Sunday. Woo.

Giulia (fallingstarwishes) At least you have an extended weekend!

message 35: by Hannah, Queen of Queens (new) - rated it 5 stars

Oh joy. It's over. -.- what fun.

message 37: by Hannah, Queen of Queens (new) - rated it 5 stars

I CANT FEEL MY ARMS (currently holding backpack in arms as such one would cradle a small but obese child) UGH!

Giulia (fallingstarwishes) I KNOW. My back is going to break from all the books.

message 39: by Hannah, Queen of Queens (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amen.

message 40: by Hannah, Queen of Queens (new) - rated it 5 stars

☕ And now I have to actually do some of my homework ☹

Giulia (fallingstarwishes) Urgh, the amount the give me is literally unbelievable.

message 42: by Hannah, Queen of Queens (new) - rated it 5 stars

Seriously. I get back pains like you know, OLD PEOPLE. I'm NOT elderly. So my back continues to hurt and I can't fix it >.<

message 43: by Hannah, Queen of Queens (new) - rated it 5 stars

I finished book five.

(view spoiler)

Giulia (fallingstarwishes) Thanks for the spoiler alert! I have to read the book one chapter a night -.- so slow but sure progress.

message 45: by Hannah, Queen of Queens (new) - rated it 5 stars

PROGRESS IS PROGRESS!!

message 46: by Giulia (last edited Sep 07, 2012 03:48AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Giulia (fallingstarwishes) Yay! I have to read Hattie Big Sky now and also the Importance of Being Earnest for school. -.- Where is the time?

message 47: by Hannah, Queen of Queens (new) - rated it 5 stars

STUDY HALL ;P

Morgan (EllaMinnoP) | 13 comments Hannah wrote: "I finished book five.

[spoilers removed]"

Yup!

Giulia (fallingstarwishes) Oh my goodness, no one tell me is my assumptions are right but after what I've read I think this is how things will turn out as:

(view spoiler)

DO NOT tell me if I'm right please.

message 50: by Hannah, Queen of Queens (new) - rated it 5 stars

XDXDXDXD

well then I have nothing to say but that I have a feeling you MAY have googled some things ;b

« previous 1

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Hattie Big Sky (other topics)