The Rise of Nine (Lorien Legacies, #3) The Rise of Nine discussion

Pittacus Lore *Spoilers*

Comments (showing 1-50 of 249) (249 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

ʙʟᴀᴢɪɴɢʟʏ So. It doesn't ever really answer who the, for lack of better words, reincarnation is of Pittacus.

Four, has admitted it's him-and it's what he believes...but I was just wondering if anyone else had some opinions on this?

When reading the book, I thought it was Nine...since the book is called "The Rise Of Nine" and he is the one that fought Setrakus Ra in the end of the book.

But the possibilities are Nine, Eight, and Four. Since they all can communicate with Setrakus Ra.

Four, has Lumen, which is a power no one else has-and that stands out. He also has developed a healing legacy recently, and Pittacus is supposed to have all powers... Or it could just be another legacy he has, and only that.

Eight, is also a factor because he had also assumed he himself was Pittacus. There's not really much evidence suggesting he is though...

Nine...he doesn't really go out and say he thinks himself to be Pittacus, but he does claim Setrakus Ra is his fight. That might also just be because it's in his personality to be a warrior.

So...Opinions anyone?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Ok. I heard somewhere that this was supposed to be the final book of the series, but there is NO WAY that this is the grand finale. there are WAY too many loose ends... like where the fuck is Sam? Who is number five? etc, etc. lol, I know this is kind of off topic but I had to throw it out there.

As for who pittacus is, I have no idea... I favour four as pittacus because I think that out of four, nine, and eight, four is the best leader and that's who pittacus was supposed to be, right? A leader...

idk this is all so confusing... and keep in mind that we dont know much about one, two, and three, it could have been one of them... (:

ʙʟᴀᴢɪɴɢʟʏ True. :3

But keep in mind main characters usually don't loose a battle, and only Pittacus can destroy Setrakus Ra. So it couldn't be 1-3...or else they are totally screwed.

And on the book title-it says this book is part of a series. If there were only three books-it would be a trilogy.

Godwin I think I have read somewhere that since his co-writer left, he kind of extended the series to six books. O.o

Is it me or is Number Eight lagging behind Nine, and Four on becoming Pittacus Lore's reincarnation.

Does anyone notice that Seven and Eight might get together?

Alexandra Since the book is supposedly by Pittacus Lore and Four is the main narrator, I'd say that he's Pittacus "reincarnated". Also since he developed the healing legacy of Marina's, and the animal speech capability of nine. Four really annoyed me in this book, so I sort of wish that "Pittacus" was Nine or Eight, but I still think it's Four.

ʙʟᴀᴢɪɴɢʟʏ Hahaha Yes I noticed the Seven/Eight pairing.

And I think its probably four...but I'm sort of hoping its nine.

But I just had this horrible thought...since no one saw the ending of the battle--what if Setrakus Ra had transformed into nine? I mean...its highly unrealistic...but that's going to terrorize me until its ruled out.

Andrew I'm curious to see what kind of role number 5 plays moving forward. All we know is that at last mention, they were in Jamaica, so I'm guessing they'll somehow unite in America?

RE: Pittacus, he will probably be number 4, because multiple abilities that others have, he either already had or has developed. If I had to guess, we will find out that 5 has the ability of Lumen, which would confirm my theory.

Katrina Cook I hope seven and eight do pair up! I don't really see four as pittacus after reading the rise of nine, feeling it's more likely to be nine? The whole ending fight with him and Setrakus Ra but at the same time, if he was Pittacus he would of just got him there and then. Really hope four doesnt end up to be Pittacus, the further the series goes the more annoying he becomes to me!

ʙʟᴀᴢɪɴɢʟʏ I wonder who Six will end up with :3 I mean...Sam is still MIA, yet she said she would make sure Sarah got back to Four.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

I think six/nine would actually make a great pairing... anyone else agree?

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

I totally agree with you Alisa. They are both the best fighters and I think only Six can deal with and match Nine's ego.

So when does the next installment come out!?!

Leti Del Mar
The Inadvertent Thief

Ciaran ♬Rose☮Slayed♫The★Shade☠ wrote: "Hahaha Yes I noticed the Seven/Eight pairing.

And I think its probably four...but I'm sort of hoping its nine.

But I just had this horrible thought...since no one saw the ending of the battle--..."

I thought the exact same thing!

ʙʟᴀᴢɪɴɢʟʏ I Love nine...if he's actually the baddie mog...I will cry :P

Allie Four is most likely going to be Pittacus reincarnated because of his delayed legacies. And he is the main narrator after all.

I love Marina and Eight together!!!!!!!! And Ella and Sarah are the best because in the final battle against setrakus they gave everyone their powers back and Marina was able to save Eight. Can you imagine being killed by someone you thought was your friend?

Completely random but who do you think will be the newest narrator in the next book? I am thinking nine because the second book was called The Power of SIX and six was the newest narrator. I hope it is eight, he is my favorite

message 15: by Ciaran (last edited Aug 25, 2012 07:41AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ciaran main questions for me;

what did ella throw to give the Garde their powers back?

will we meet the original Pittacus Lore, the one apparently on Earth writing the books?

Every member of the Garde has had their own unique story so far, so whats 5's story going to be? I can see either some sort of betrayal story line, maybe 5 is being blackmailed or has been turned by the Mogs, or maybe 5 lost their mentor young and has no idea of who they are.

How will the books end, with the defeat of the Mogs on Earth, or the defeat of all Mogs and the restoration of Lorien, or something else?

Will Adam show up and maybe turn some of the Mogs on their rulers?

What else is hiding in those chests?

Andrew The fact number 5 started The Rise of Nine in South America, and now is in Jamaica indicates that they are moving towards America with a purpose (finding the other Garde).

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

I think that five lost their mentor really young and didn't know who the Hell they were until a bunch of mogs showed up on their doorstep and now they're figuring it all out

ʙʟᴀᴢɪɴɢʟʏ Hmmmm.... I wonder what Legacies Five will have...and what personality will we see?

I'm hoping Five doesn't have Lumen. Like Four, I like that that is what sets him apart.

Sasha For Pittacus Lore- if it's Nine I will rip my hair out. And for the whole he went to fight Setrakus Ra thing, well Ra was just playing around with him the whole time. It will probably be Four, or Pittacus Lore split into all of them, which would explain Setrakus Ra's powers since he has the three pendants.

As for 5, she is a blond girl. I hope she has a really different past than everyone else, like a lot more with humans, so she knows more about who they are trying to save. And maybe she would have had a life that anyone would love but had to leave it for the war and because of who she is. I just want one really complex character who I understand, not always love, the whole way through and where she is and why she does what she does.

message 20: by Sishya (last edited Aug 26, 2012 01:30PM) (new)

Sishya I wish six would end up being the reincarnation of Pittacus Lore. She is the best and she'll be so good with the power. I really don't think John deserves it. He'd be such a bad leader. He'd compromise the entire mission if Sarah so much as gets a paper cut while he fights. Sorry, can't stand those two.

Also, does anyone know when the next book is releasing?

Kit Kat then next book is coming out in april i think and i agree six should be the reincarnation of pittacus lore, she seems like the best but then again i don't know about number 5. I love NUmber four, hate sarah

message 22: by Ashley (last edited Aug 28, 2012 03:20PM) (new)

Ashley Motley I think Number four is going to be Pitticus Lore. It would make sense, seeing as he is the main narrator of the book. Also, it is said in an interview with Pitticus Lore that Four's lumen connects him and allows him to tap into the energy that runs Lorien and gives every Garde their legacy's, so I thought that that might be a little bit of foreshadowing.

message 23: by Steven (last edited Aug 28, 2012 04:56PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Steven ♬Rose☮Slayed♫The★Shade☠ wrote: "But I just had this horrible thought...since no one saw the ending of the battle--what if Setrakus Ra had transformed into nine? I mean...its highly unrealistic...but that's going to terrorize me until its ruled out."

Doubtful because after he was stabbed with the red crystal his powers were nullified they got their legacies back and Six was able to break free from the black rock. I don't think he would have had time or energy to become a clone of Nine. Ella was also able to see through the deception and know it wasn't six. And Pat will most likely be Four he's annoying yeah but I would be surprised if it was someone else.

ʙʟᴀᴢɪɴɢʟʏ YOU JUST SAVED MY LIFE

Steven ♬Rose☮Slayed♫The★Shade☠ wrote: "YOU JUST SAVED MY LIFE"

I could be wrong though. It just seemed after he got hit with that rock he made a hasty retreat when he seemed perfectly capable of killing them all before hand. I also don't think that Ra has the patience to pull of that elaborate of a ruse. Look how fast he revealed himself to Six when he was posing as Sarah. Or how quickly he turned on the group when he was posing as Six. Although like I said Ella knew something was off right away. It seemed like he was getting desperate to find the others.

message 26: by Minea (last edited Aug 29, 2012 12:48AM) (new)

Minea Not very relevant to this discussion but has it occurred to anyone that Setrakus Ra and Pittacus may be related in some way or another? If not related Setrakus is atleast a Loric. Notice the prologue in I Am Number Four when regarding the Loric amulets the garde where it says "the amulet that only he and his kind can wear." Meaning that it can only be worn by Lorics. Meanwhile in the 2nd and 3rd book they repeatedly mention the 3 amulets worn around Setrakus Ra's neck obviously implying that he is Loric. My theory is that he was originally a loric elder and he had the legacy of shapeshifting. (Also Eight is his reincarnate) He was rebuked from the Elders when he had presented the scheme of conquering another planet (Mogadore perhaps) and he flees to Earth and eventually kills the real Setrakus Ra (maybe the skeleton in Sam Goode's father's secret base is the original Setrakus Ra). Thoughts anyone?

Kit Kat Minea wrote: "Not very relevant to this discussion but has it occurred to anyone that Setrakus Ra and Pittacus may be related in some way or another? If not related Setrakus is atleast a Loric. Notice the prolog..."

makes sense

message 28: by Nightdeath (new)

Nightdeath Minea wrote: "Not very relevant to this discussion but has it occurred to anyone that Setrakus Ra and Pittacus may be related in some way or another? If not related Setrakus is atleast a Loric. Notice the prolog..."

love it

message 29: by Ner (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ner ♬Rose☮Slayed♫The★Shade☠ wrote: "True. :3

But keep in mind main characters usually don't loose a battle, and only Pittacus can destroy Setrakus Ra. So it couldn't be 1-3...or else they are totally screwed.

And on the book tit..."

I totally think it number 4 (John) who is Pittacus Lore. The way he took the lead at the end of rise of nine and automatically knew what to do. Almost like he was having one of his visions. It has to be four.

message 30: by Ner (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ner Minea wrote: "Not very relevant to this discussion but has it occurred to anyone that Setrakus Ra and Pittacus may be related in some way or another? If not related Setrakus is atleast a Loric. Notice the prolog..."

Thats some really good thinking. I never really thought of that until now, but I completely agree. Setrakus Ra has to be Loric. Something definitely happened in the past that upset him and made him turn his back against his own kind.

Maybe he just wanted to be the leader of all the elders and they didnt agree so he got pissed off??

message 31: by Daunte (last edited Aug 30, 2012 08:04PM) (new)

Daunte There are a couple things that I want to throw out there.

1. "Not very relevant to this discussion but has it occurred to anyone that Setrakus Ra and Pittacus may be related in some way or another? If not related Setrakus is atleast a Loric. Notice the prolog..."

I do like the theory and would like to add on. Would it be possible that the gardes legacies could be sealed in their pendents giving setrakus power and the ability to take power.

2. I'm also curious about adam: Is he alive? What has he done in the last year? Does he have 1's legacies?

3. 5 has either super speed or flight because she moves way to quickly in this book.

4. number 4 is most likely the reincarnation of Pittacus and not because he is the "main character". He is the first to survive, only one to survive the mog attack when it was his turn (number wise). Each other garde besides 7 and 10 came into contact with mogs and would've died if not for the charm.

5. The red gem ella threw at Setrakus was the gem that john wrapped in the towel; the one that gave him a sharp feeling before he dropped it in the power of six.

6. I don't think they really fought Setrakus Ra. Johns depiction and six's depiction of him are different. Six said he was eight feet tall john says near twenty feet.

huff huff almost done. The last thing is that I believe John's development BEGINS on this book. He was by far the weakest garde member in terms of legacies with only a weak lumen and and to talk to animals. Expect a massive amount of character growth from now on.

That is all haha

add on: I think 8 drew those things on the wall even though he says they were there before. Which means he could have future sight

Nyazia Pittacus has to be four because he is the main character. Also he hasn't devolped all his legacies yet, and he has shared legacies with other garde ( healing, animal speech, visions). He is one of the more weaker garde, but he can only get stronger from here on out. But him as a fireball sounds really hot ( get it) and sexy. In the next book the garde should practice more hand to hand combat since setrakus can take away legacies. Also in the future telling cave, it never showed setrakus dead, just with a knife to his throat. but hell you never know , pittacys could be five. I wonder how 5s character is going to be laid out. She cant be too much like six [ fierce, strong] or too much like seven [ quiet , shy]. any ideas?

Nyazia Sishya wrote: " I really don't think John deserves it. He'd be such a bad leader. He'd compromise the whole mission if sarah gets so much gets a paper cut"
Lol true, its always, blahblahblah sarah.

Steffi What i was thinking about was, how their numbers where chosen. Did i miss it or wasn't it mentioned anywhere? Maybe it should be said that i only read the 3 main books and not the Lost Files and all the others. Because it can't be their age as Seven is older than Six (if i recall correctly) and Ten is the youngest. Was it just randomly as the recognized them as one of the Garde they got a number? And did the former Elders know who would be their successor? Than it would be really unlikely to give the successor of Pittacus Lore a low number. Because i think it was said somewhere that the last Elder waited until Ella was born so she could get the abilities. (But of course i could misunderstood something!)

ʙʟᴀᴢɪɴɢʟʏ I'm reading the lost files right now, so if there is any other information I guess it may help a lot.

message 36: by Daunte (new)

Daunte Did anyone else notice that The Rise of Nine all happened within a week or so

message 37: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Motley Steffi wrote: "What i was thinking about was, how their numbers where chosen. Did i miss it or wasn't it mentioned anywhere? Maybe it should be said that i only read the 3 main books and not the Lost Files and al..."

I think they were all just given random numbers and were the successors of random elders. And also, with Ella, I think she was just chosen because she was there because it said in one of the books that she was a newborn when the invasion began, so she couldn't have been chosen ahead of time.

message 38: by Daunte (last edited Sep 03, 2012 05:45PM) (new)

Daunte Ella was born during the invasion. She wasn't supposed to be born with the others because her replaced elder wasn't supposed to die. (of old age) So when the invasion happened her birth was only because the oldest elder was going to die.

Sasha I think they were just born into it. Genetics combined with magic or something...

themikko I'm thinking their number didn't have to do with anything. It's just that each one of them were supposed to succeed an elder. However, I'm thinking Number One was the first because she was the eldest and had a better chance at surviving. If she couldn't be killed, then the others couldn't be too.

message 41: by Minea (new)

Minea And perhaps if they knew John would be PL's reincarnate, they would want to give him a moderately low number as he would stand the best chance of surviving without the charm. Just a thought :3

Kimberly ☮ємιℓуяσѕє!☮ [S.K.T.T.] wrote: "I'm reading the lost files right now, so if there is any other information I guess it may help a lot."

I'm getting ready to do the same. I think they may fill in some blanks. Heck, I may just re-read all of the books just to put it together.

I'm thinking PL is Four. The name of the book plus the Lost Files (that he "wrote") is called I Am Number Four. Isn't that kind of a statement? The Rise of Nine - could be referring to where Nine lived? The high-rise in Chicago? The Power of Six - could be a play on words or the fact that she knows she is the one with the power to protect and bring together the rest - like she already knows her role in the big scheme of things.

message 43: by Ray (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ray Actually for me, it's quite clear that four is indeed the reincarnation of Pittacus lore, there are so many evidences that could prove it ..but to top it all off, remember four's perspective that the reason why lorien is still hibernating because a part of it lives inside of him ...idk, If I make any sense, but I like the idea of Four being P. Lore though personally I like nine's legacies and even six's, actually I like them all ! they are so powerful at their own ways ..but Four is the best ! haha

Chacy Maybe it's five ? If ever he is a boy. But among four , eight and nine, my bet would be eight. Come to think of it, he had unintentionally lured many Indians into believing that he was Vishnu for how many years. Eight also claimed that being Vishnu, he has 8 forms and 3 of it was fought by six , marina and ella.

themikko I don't Five is a girl AND is Pittacus. It's probably Four. Too obvious. :)

message 46: by ʝøʝø (last edited Sep 16, 2012 06:30PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

ʝøʝø That is the problem, four would be too obvious. he is the main character and you would expect him to be pittacus. I want a twist in this

Izzy Lightfleur ~ ON HIATUS Rise of Nine. I thought it would be Nine! He has strength, anti-gravity, and some cool legacies. I really thought it would be him.

Then they said they thought Eight was the one with Pittacus's powers, Iwas like: Wait. That's not right? When he mentioned he could communicate with Ra, that made me believe it a little more. Then he said he saw Four in his dreams with Ra.

I seriously doubted Four would be Pittacus. Too obvious. I mean, he's the main character! It would be too easy to predict, him being Pittacus. I mean, give me a break! But then he said he was Pittacus. *headdesk* I had totally forgotten about Henry's letter in the previous book, so I had totally forgotten THAT. I still doubted it majorly though.

Then again, it might be Five. When they find him/her. *shrug* Then Four got another Legacy. I can't believe that it might actually be him! I have conflicting feelings.

Now: I do not think it's Eight. I think he's basically a version of Leo Valdez except he was in India and from a different planet. I'm starting to believe it Four, but I don't want it to be. It would be too obvious and predictable. :( Nine......I still think it has got to be Nine. The dude rocks!

That's my opinion anyways. Later!

Izza' is out! PEACE!

ʙʟᴀᴢɪɴɢʟʏ I'm pretty sure five is a girl.

themikko I think the would-be twist in this is that they will think it's NOT Four. But proves later to be PL.

themikko ☮ємιℓуяσѕє!☮ [S.K.T.T.] wrote: "I'm pretty sure five is a girl."

Ditto.

« previous 1 3 4 5

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

The Rise of Nine (other topics)
The Inadvertent Thief (other topics)
The Fall of Five (other topics)
The Fall of Five (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Leti Del Mar (other topics)