All Kinds of Books discussion

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium, #1)
This topic is about The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
Books > The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

Comments (showing 1-4 of 4) (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Emily | 12 comments Mod
I'm really enjoying reading this book. I can't tell you how many times I have started reading this book and stopped. This time I told myself I had to get further. I did, and so happy that I have!
The first couple of chapters while the story was setting up was rough. Now that I've moved past that, I'm really anxious to find out what happens!

Reading about a different culture and how things are there is interesting. The statistics at the beginning of each section about women and rape if difficult to understand.

In America, we all know that it happens. And it's unfortunate. However in Sweden it seems that it's almost accepted as a fact and no one is really doing anything to change it.

Now maybe as I get further in, I will see that it's not... Or maybe I won't. This story is captivating but in a thinking way. Everything I'm reading I'm thinking about and analyzing. I can't wait to see what happens next.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Brittany | 10 comments Mod
I think this book is amazing! I can't believe that at some point I can say that I have read a 644 paged book! I will have to agree that this book took a little to get into. The beginning was very rough but am enjoying it now that I have gotten past page 35 or so. That is where I started to understand exactly what they were talking about and what was going on.

I mean I understand that the beginning of the book was talking about the issue that got the main character in jail.

When it comes to rape. All I have to say is to watch a TV show called Taboo there is an episode about sex on there and it will help to shine some light on how other cultures and countries view sex and rape. I always thought that the statistics that were written in the beginning of each chapter were the same, I guess they are not hehe.

I have seen the movie before reading this book and I can say that they are pretty close together as to what is going on. There are some things in the book that I am reading that was not in the book, nothing big. But so far so good! I am hoping to get another 60+ pages read again today. I have to because if I do not then I won't be able to finish this book before I start school next week.

message 3: by Shelley (new) - added it

Shelley | 1 comments I just started this book. I keep putting it down because the beginning is so boring. But they finally introduced Salander so it is starting to get better.

Brittany | 10 comments Mod
*Oh man, I hear you! This was a hard book for me to get into as well. It is a bit confusing at first because there seems to be almost two stories going on at the same time. But they do come together and it will get better, I promise :)

unread topics | mark unread