Fans of The Hollows series by Kim Harrison discussion

Ever After (The Hollows, #11)
This topic is about Ever After
Ever After (The Hollows #11) Cover and Synopsis and Excerpt

Comments (showing 1-50 of 245) (245 new)    post a comment »

message 1: by VampireNovelFan (last edited Sep 04, 2012 09:30PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

VampireNovelFan | 488 comments http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13...

I. WANT. NOW!!!

So who do you suspect gets kidnapped? Ceri and Rae or Lucy? Maybe it’s Quinn this time? I am SO curious. I know I’m not the only one super relieved that the novel is out one month early this time!

Edit: An excerpt was posted today (9/4/12) as a part of Kim Harrison's short story, Pet Shop Boys. This short is also included in the Into the Woods anthology. I link to sites where you can download the excerpt free on my blog: http://vampirenovelfan.wordpress.com/...

Jessica | 26 comments I love this series so much. I cannot wait for January. I suspect the baby will be Ray although I can't actually recall Ceri offically making Rachel her godmother in the books, just naming her after Rachel. Ceri or Quen, I don't know. Probably Ceri but I kind of want it to be Quen.

Mello ❣ Illium ✮Harry✮ ☀Myrnin☀ Torin Ichimaru I'm excited for this. Should be really good. I wonder if we'll be seeing Newt again.

VampireNovelFan | 488 comments @Jessica: I can't recall it either, Jessica. But she could be anyway. It would be interesting if it were Ceri just to see Al's reaction to it.

@Mello: Me too! I think we will. She's a major part of the EA so I can't imagine why we wouldn't.

Erin (Paperback Stash) (ErinPaperbackstash) | 155 comments She is the godmother, when Rachel, Ceri, and Winona were in the living room, Ceri made a comment and said something about a demon godmother as a play on words.
I just took it from that she was.

Zeenat (zeekwon) | 241 comments I don't know why, but I KNEW Lucy or Ray was going to get kidnapped but I just knew it! I don't know how I knew it. . . ooooh I'm so FREAKING excited!!! January can't come soon enough!

Traci (tracilynn) | 5 comments I cant wait for this either!! I'm already chomping at the bit and soaking up everything I read that has to do with this book/series, and January seems so far away. But we could be waiting longer I guess, so there's a silver lining:)

TWiser | 23 comments I know! It looks so good! I'm HOPING theres a chapter of EA in the mm of PB next month. I'm curious to which guardian was taken with Lucy!?

Veronica  | 285 comments Are we still getting a chapter from EA in the mmp of APB since we're already getting the chapter re-written in Trent's POV?

VampireNovelFan | 488 comments Veronica G. wrote: "Are we still getting a chapter from EA in the mmp of APB since we're already getting the chapter re-written in Trent's POV?"

Kim didn't seem totally sure of the former, but of course the latter is a definite.

Amy (AngstFree) | 6 comments If the baby is Lucy, would Rachel and Trent kidnapping her back from Kuu(?) be counted as part of the Elf quest? If so, would that somehow connect them (romantically) by some sort of elf law if they're successful? Or did that quest end when Trent babynapped her from Elsbeth?

VampireNovelFan | 488 comments Amy wrote: "If the baby is Lucy, would Rachel and Trent kidnapping her back from Kuu(?) be counted as part of the Elf quest? If so, would that somehow connect them (romantically) by some sort of elf law if the..."

No idea. I think Rae is most likely.

Kritchie | 114 comments VampireNovelFan wrote: "http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13...

I. WANT. NOW!!!

So who do you suspect gets kidnapped? Ceri and Rae or Lucy? Maybe it’s Quinn this time? I am SO curious. I know I’m not the ..."

ME Too and I am so sad that the series is ending :(

Kritchie | 114 comments VampireNovelFan wrote: "http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13...

I. WANT. NOW!!!

So who do you suspect gets kidnapped? Ceri and Rae or Lucy? Maybe it’s Quinn this time? I am SO curious. I know I’m not the ..."

I am guessing that Ceri and Rae and Rachel and Trent are involved together in getting them back at some cost to Rachel that (I hope) binds Trent to her romantically. Just hoping....I think they have been right for each other since they were kids and first trust each other.

message 15: by Valerie ~ Val Hall ~ (last edited Sep 04, 2012 07:04AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Valerie ~ Val Hall ~ | 15 comments Don't really where to put this....Short story (to be featured in her anthology Into the Woods, October 2012) Pet Shop Boys: A Short Story, (Fantasy) is available free from Amazon.

VampireNovelFan | 488 comments Valerie ~ Val Hall ~ wrote: "Don't really where to put this....Short story (to be featured in her anthology Into the Woods, October 2012) Pet Shop Boys: A Short Story, (Fantasy) is available free from Amazon."

Thanks, Val! I've edited the first post. It's also available at B&N. Looks like there will be a lot of Trent action. No surprise and certainly no complaints!

VampireNovelFan | 488 comments So after reading it I'm going to go out on a limb and say that it's Quen and Rae who are abducted.

Traci (tracilynn) | 5 comments I agree, I think its going to be Quen and Rae as well.

Veronica  | 285 comments That's as good a guess as any. I'm curious what the connection will be to the other events happening on the news, since Quen and Rae are a different species.

Zeenat (zeekwon) | 241 comments What if the friend is not Quen/Ceri? Someone unrelated to the kids but still friends with Rachel. Spreading the evil so to speak.

Cher | 79 comments I personally think it'll have to be Quen and Rae. Trent won't be able to do anything if Quen's around and you know that he's going to be working with Rachel again.

Erin (Paperback Stash) (ErinPaperbackstash) | 155 comments Likely Quen....don't see it being Ceri, and we know it's not Trent. It's like it's when Quen was with one of the kids to the really bizarre elf-family situation they have going on.

Jessica | 26 comments I think it will be Quen and Rae too. If Ceri was the one to get kidnapped I think Quen would want to go get her.

Laura | 9 comments I guess I'm in the minority here. I think it will be Lucy because Rachel is Lucy's godmother. Ray is named after Rachel but there was never any mention of her being her godmother as well.

And in chapter 17 of APB, Ceri is talking to Lucy when she says "your aunt Rachel is awake", then says "You'd rather she be the demon godmother". I didn't see any reference to Rachel being Ray's godmother as well.

As far is who the friend is, I'm not as sure but I kind of feel like it would be Ceri because she seems more like a friend type relationship than Quen (to be referred to as). It's seems like she'd more likely be with the children too. But maybe I'm wrong.

Zeenat (zeekwon) | 241 comments on Kim Harrison's blog someone asked if both of the kids were rachel's god daughter, and she said yes. so it could be either or :)

Laura | 9 comments I must have missed that. Well, then I feel like I have no idea.

Yet, part of me still feels like it will be Lucy. Maybe because she took her first steps toward Al at the end of APB. I don't know.

Zeenat (zeekwon) | 241 comments I still wonder if the friend and the goddaughter are going to be related at all. I mean it's most likely it'll be parent and child, meaning ceri/quen, but it could be two different kidnappings. Kidnap a baby here, kidnap edden/david here, and tie them up in the ever after as bait for Rachel.

If it is Lucy, then that is more reason for Ellasbeth to show up in this book :-P lol

Laura | 9 comments True. I didn't think about it that way before but it's totally possible. I guess another reason why I had pictured it being Ceri was because she's so afraid of going back there.

Actually, I had thought that Ellasbeth being in EA might mean it will be Lucy. I forgot about that.

Veronica  | 285 comments Bleh, I really don't want to see Ellasbeth again but it would make sense if the kidnapped baby was Lucy. Though I thought that the whole steal-Lucy-and-you-can-keep-her arrangement between Trent and the Withons was to ensure that the losing party never had ties to Lucy again. Seems rather harsh but I figured it was accepted elf culture.

I like the idea of the friend and the goddaughter not being related. It's hard to picture Quen and Ceri not wanting to join in on the rescue efforts though, regardless of which girl it is that's taken. Though if it's Ceri or Quen who is the kidnapped friend it's also hard to see the other one not wanting to storm the Ever After either.

VampireNovelFan | 488 comments Yeah, sooooo is it January yet?

Laura | 9 comments I'm not really looking forward to seeing Ellasbeth either. And yeah, I would have thought Trent stealing Lucy would mean Ellasbeth is completely out of the picture. I guess she doesn't hold to agreements.

January 22 can't come soon enough.

Veronica  | 285 comments Well it's October now so it should be a quick slide to the end of the year.

@Laura - I agree that Ellasbeth seems like the type to not hold to her agreements. I recall when she caught Rachel in her tub and Rachel said she was trying to warm up...Ellasbeth said she wasn't surprised since Trent was a cold bastard, lol. I guess Trent just went through the mechanics of having sex with her. Something tells me that he wouldn't be that reserved with Rachel if they ever wind up between the sheets. ;-)

Zeenat (zeekwon) | 241 comments ha ha I'm looking forward to it cause I want Rachel to take her down! LOL I always look forward to bad guys though . . . weird person here lol

message 35: by Laura (last edited Oct 01, 2012 02:59PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Laura | 9 comments @ Veronica G: Trent and Ellasbeth - I was kind of hoping they didn't have sex and she became pregnant through artificial insemination, actually. lol
But I'm sure your right.

It would be totally different with Rachel. And it has to happen. It just doesn't make any sense for it to go any other way.

@Zeenat: Can't say I'd mind seeing that.

Jessica | 26 comments I don't think the whole steal-the-baby thing meant that Ellasbeth could never see Lucy again. I asked Kim about it once and she said that Trent would never keep Lucy away from her mother because he's not that much of a cold bastard.

Traci (tracilynn) | 5 comments I always took the arrangement to mean, since Trent was able to "take" Lucy from the safety and shelter Ellasbeth provided, that meant Trent would be "main" provider/ parent. More along the lines as, he has full custody. But I could be wrong, that was just what I took away from that story line

message 38: by Laura (last edited Oct 02, 2012 08:33AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Laura | 9 comments I thought the agreement was that Trent would try to steal Lucy--if he failed, the Withons would kill him. If successful, he'd have custody and never be challenged for it again.

What I remember Kim Harrison saying on her blog was that Ellasbeth is going to fight for Lucy. I suppose that could mean she'll fight to get Lucy back if she is the one who is kidnapped, but I took it to mean she is going to fight to take her back from Trent. Therefore, not sticking to their agreement.

I wouldn't think Trent wouldn't allow Ellasbeth to see her daughter, and I do remember Kim saying he wasn't that much of a bastard not to let her.

BTW--just one more week until Into the Woods is released!

Zeenat (zeekwon) | 241 comments Kim just answered a question on her website with this: "Mmmm, the last couple of books circle around Trent and Rachel, with Ivy in the mix there in the very last, so I don’t want to say too much lest I spoil it."

oooooh!!!

message 40: by Laura (last edited Oct 03, 2012 08:11AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Laura | 9 comments Reading things like that get me so excited! How am I going to stand it waiting until January 22nd? (not to mention a year after that for book 12 and two more for 13-- but then it will be over and I don't want that either).

Sometimes Kim seems right out there with stuff -- that looks like a strong indicator that Rachel and Trent will end up together (which I believed would happen anyway, but when I really want something to happen, I'm afraid it won't, you know?)

The part with Ivy is probably Rachel figuring out a way to save her soul, I would think.

VampireNovelFan | 488 comments I know how you feel Laura. I want to be optimistic, but it will burn all the more if Kim flip flops for some reason or another. Part of it could be because I've been waiting for it for so long. Being a fan for like...7 years can do that, rofl.

Laura | 9 comments If she does that, my level of disappointment will probably be rather pathetic. But the logical part of me (which eventually comes out after she answers a question in a way that confuses me or makes me nervous about the direction things may be going) says how can it go any other way, especially when she's supposed to be nearing her HEA? Plus it has a nice symmetry.

Yeah, I'm a bit obsessed. Can you tell?

message 43: by Traci (last edited Oct 03, 2012 08:49AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Traci (tracilynn) | 5 comments I think Ivy is going to come in at the end, when she realizes Trent and Rachel have serious feelings for each other. Mainly because she does think Rachel can help her keep her soul. I think Ivy genuinely loves Rachel so I think she is going to be jealous of all things lost between them (what could have been) and scared of losing Rachel to someone who can and will actually take care of her, she may feel threatened, thinking Rachel won't need her anymore.I really hope everything works out the way I want them. Meaning Trent and Rachel together and Ivy as the close friends they were meant to be.

VampireNovelFan | 488 comments It looks like the Ivy ship has sailed since Kim says she is seeking healthier relationships for herself, and I'm assuming it will be Nina coming in to the picture. So it may be a little of that, but I think the biggest focus will be on Ivy's soul. Ivy was the one who said goodbye.

Traci (tracilynn) | 5 comments I don't think there is any chance for that relationship either. I just think if anything comes up it will be Ivy afraid of losing her friend.

I am so excited for Ever After. Bitter-Sweet in a way though...

Zeenat (zeekwon) | 241 comments I don't see the Ivy thing happening anymore. That thread ended in ODW, and got closer in PD. I don't even think it will bother Ivy about Trent/Rachel. I mean she was there when trent woke rachel up with a kiss. She actually snuck out to give rachel and trent time. I think both Ivy and Jenks know what is going on. And approve :)

Jessica | 26 comments I agree Zeenat, that Ivy and Jenks know what's going on and approve. There was that comment Ivy made in APB about all of Rachel's boyfriends and then she mentioned Trent, I think that was kind of Ivy's way of telling Rachel she approved. I think Jenks approves too, he's usually pretty vocal about not liking the men in Rachel's life. Also, I think that I read something awhile back that Kim wrote on her blog about them being aware and appoving.

Kritchie | 114 comments Mello luvs Gin, Illium, Myrnin & Jaqen H'ghar wrote: "I'm excited for this. Should be really good. I wonder if we'll be seeing Newt again."

Kim mentioned in her drama box about a tea party with Newt and Trent. It could be just a tease or a real part.

Kritchie | 114 comments VampireNovelFan wrote: "So after reading it I'm going to go out on a limb and say that it's Quen and Rae who are abducted."

Me Too, I agree!

Erin (Paperback Stash) (ErinPaperbackstash) | 155 comments I'm actually looking forward to seeing Ellspeth again because of the drama :) I could totally see her and Ceri rubbing each other the wrong way, not to mention anything with Rachel would be funny, Trent getting uptight between the hassle, Al probably in the background thinking its funny.

Then again they may not all have scenes together, which would shoot my drama fantasies to hell

« previous 1 3 4 5

Fans of The Hollows series by Kim Harrison

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Pet Shop Boys: A Short Story (other topics)