Ni_kii's Reviews > Hotter After Midnight

Hotter After Midnight by Cynthia Eden

Jun 28, 10

bookshelves: alpha-male, steamy, werewolves

hmmm...I cant make up my mind about this one. Yes I liked it but there was something missing...not quite sure what! The premise was awesome.....Emily is a demon shrink who treats the monsters who have issues..like a vampire that cant stand the thought of drinking blood. Unfortunately that premise gets pushed to one side when she starts helping out the police on a murder case which has been done by "others". Here she runs into Colin (Colin???? I really really dont like this name for an alpha male character) the police officer in charge of the case who is also a shifter. Lots of drama ensues and, as this is a romance, a HEA does happen but not without lots of obstacles first. I loved the initial idea but the execution just didnt do it for me. I think if the storyline had focused a little more on her therapy sessions I would have enjoyed it more. I also didnt really grow to love the characters as much as I usually do.....I cant put my finger on why!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hotter After Midnight.