Janna's Reviews > Too Close to Home

Too Close to Home by Lynette Eason

Apr 23, 2010

Read in April, 2010

Every once in awhile a book comes along that just begs to be in a series so I have something to look forward to when the book ends, "Too Close To Home" is one of those books. From the beginning I knew Lynette Eason had created something unusual with her homicide detective, Connor Wolfe and FBI Special Agent Samantha Cash. The book opens with Conner arriving at the scene of another dead body. She is young, obviously murdered and has one very unusual feature... she has been pregnant recently. A pattern is developing, girls disappear for a extended period of time and then show up dead, murdered differently, but recently pregnant. No babies, just signs of pregnancy. These girls are being stalked before they go missing, the police intend to find out how before more girls go missing. Samantha Cash is an expert with computers and they bring her in to figure out the connection between their internet activity and the disappearances.

Both Connor and Samantha bring plenty of drama to the table. Connor has a teenage daughter of his own who is struggling with a daddy who isn't around and her mother passed away 4 years before - they are both missing her. Samantha has a sister who suffered a tragedy that she hasn't fully recovered from and it has left Samantha feeling very responsible for her. Together they deal with their personal lives, fight the bad guys and start falling for each other. All while the bad guys are getting "Too Close For Home".

This book is a definite nail biter as the story races to the finish, time is ticking and Lynette doesn't waste a single word in her writing. Everything has meaning and you will literally hold your breath. I am thrilled that we will see these characters back in a second book and it looks like Samantha's sister Jamie will take the lead... I can't wait to see how the characters advance in book #2. Congratulations on a great new series, Lynette!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Too Close to Home.