Ruth's Reviews > The Care and Taming of a Rogue

The Care and Taming of a Rogue by Suzanne Enoch

Jun 08, 10

bookshelves: historical-romance, regency-victorian, non-classical-beauty-heroine
Read from June 06 to 08, 2010

I read The Lady's Guide to Improper Behaviour first not realizing it was part of a series. I prefer reading books in series (if it was preconceived as a series why not call it one, like The Adventurers or something?) although it didn't really prevent my enjoyment of it.

This book starts a little slowly. The first chapter or so seemed rather disjointed, with a couple of scenes where it wasn't clear who was talking to whom, nor which characters were present, and it didn't really settle down until the appearance of Sommerset. At that point, it really got going. I love the way the hero really has very little understanding of the rules of society, as though he'd come from another period in time. He knows what he wants and doesn't understand why he can't just pursue it, not in a heartless, uncaring way, but because he just doesn't get it. The heroine is just the sort I like: smart, witty, and not afraid to go after what she wants, but in a pleasant, non-threatening way. It has a mild suspense angle, but really the story focuses on the fabulous alpha-male hero, just as it should. Oh, and the monkey's cute too.

3 and a half stars.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Care and Taming of a Rogue.