Abby's Reviews > Why Mermaids Sing

Apr 23, 2010

bookshelves: romance, mystery, historical-fiction
Read in May, 2010

Brief Summary:
Sebastian St. Cyr is back on the case when the bodies of London's most promising young men are found butchered and left in very public places. Even darker tidings are on the horizon though, as it appears that St. Cyr and his long-time lover Kat Boelyn are headed for some very personal danger of their own.

Why I Picked It Up:
OK, I admit it, I'm obsessed with this series! Harris' writing is taut, the mysteries interesting, and the relationships well-drawn. My favorite is the father-son dynamic of St. Cyr and Hendon. They are so very similar and yet don't see it at all -- makes for very dramatic reading! I'm honestly glad to see where Harris' took the Kat/St. Cyr relationship. I won't spoil it here, but while the method is a little weak, I'm glad to have her out of the picture. There was no way for that relationship to ever end well, so it's good to get it out of the way so hopefully both characters can move on and grow.

I Would Recommend This To:
Emily B. because she's as much an Anglophile as I am and if she hadn't already discovered this series, she's in for a treat!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Why Mermaids Sing.

message 1: by Emily (new) - added it

Emily The first book in the series is in my Amazon cart as we speak! Can't wait to dive in.