Kristiana's Reviews > People of the Book

People of the Book by Geraldine  Brooks

Apr 30, 10

bookshelves: 2010, at-work, fiction
Read from April 14 to 22, 2010

This book was good. It read kind of like a collection of interwoven short stories, which I usually like. I think this little book falls into the category of books I wasn't paying close enough attention to while reading. Which is great for my work load, but not great for me falling in love with.

I lost a little interested when it seemed like the story was going to be a love story, I thought this was about a Jewish text. Then the historical stories, that make up most of the book, started and I wasn't paying enough attention.

My interested was totally gained toward the end, but then there was a problem with my audio book and I was unable to finish the book until days later. When I finally sat down to finish the ending it was too late to be as enthralled as I was before.

The most notable part of the book was the theme of disenfranchised people, it was fascinating and well executed. So major points for theme, minus points for romance feel and apologies for not paying close attention to things.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read People of the Book.