Sarah's Reviews > George, Nicholas and Wilhelm: Three Royal Cousins and the Road to World War I

George, Nicholas and Wilhelm by Miranda Carter

May 26, 2010

bookshelves: biography, historical-nonfic, read-in-2010
Read from May 10 to 26, 2010

The subtitle really should have been something about how very impressively mustached this crew was. Anyway...well-done and mostly very interesting. Unbelieveable that these mostly unimpressive gentlemen were once in charge of the fate of all Europe. Again, it felt a little over-long and over-detailed for my nonfiction leisure-reading tastes, but some skimming to the juicy parts can overcome this.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read George, Nicholas and Wilhelm.

Cara Best This book was a Christmas gift and the more I read the more I liked it. The story of how these three rulers managed (or mis-managed) to get us involved in WWI is fascinating. You wonder how these 3 men managed to be worthy to control such a large part of the world.

Sarah Yeah, I'm liking it so far--it's pretty lively and not too dry. I too am astounded that three men of such unremarkable talent and intelligence were in control of the fate of all of Europe!