Adrienne's Reviews > If Wishes Were Horses

If Wishes Were Horses by Joey W. Hill

2087365
Apr 28, 10

Recommended to Adrienne by: No one found it in the second hand book store
Read from April 25 to 27, 2010

Ok 4 stars maybe 41/2 for this nice story from one of my favourite authors. This is an erotic romance with it's theme set in suspense to which there is a paranormal element. Sarah (tired of the big city and following a divorce from an unloving husband) ends up in leafy Lilesville. One night when out for a run on privately owned land she stumbles across something that blows her mind. Justin Herne ( OMG what can I say about Justin except if we all had a man like him we'd be in seventh heaven LOL) is not all he seems, in more ways than one, knows just who Sarah is and sets out to put her mind at rest about the 'activities' in the ravine. However Justin is a man of great intuition and perception and things don't go exactly as he planned. Pretty soon these two are falling for each other in a big way although Sarah bless her is a once bitten twice shy kind of girl and tries to bury her emotions with plain facts. Then the unspeakable happens and Sarah and Justins world is thrown into turmoil.

I enjoyed this story alot. I liked the way JWH describes feelings, and visuals, reading this was little like savouring melting chocolate, rolling the pieces around your mouth and over your tongue, the words run over and through you and your imagination becomes defused with softness. Some of the scenes in this story are a sensualists delight.

So if like me you enjoy your reading to feel like an sensual massage this one may be for you.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read If Wishes Were Horses.

04/25/2010 page 68
28.81% "really enjoying this. On pg 52 there's a 'connectin' to A Mermaids Kiss just one small thing but made think Awwwww" 1 comment
04/26/2010 page 112
47.46% ""A woman doesn't turn on and off like a lamp"" 4 comments
show 1 hidden update…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dina (new)

Dina Who doesn't like a sensual massage? ;)

KindleRomance Reviews Amazing description of her writing style!! I feel the same way and loved how you put it in words!

message 3: by Adrienne (last edited Jun 01, 2011 12:14PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Adrienne thank you Kris, you know it's been over a year since i read this and it's still fresh in my mind..if i close my eyes i can walk into the lovely little shop, and smell the incense:) A lovely book and one which i'm going to mark for a re~read.