Vered's Reviews > Magic Bleeds

Jun 12, 10

bookshelves: uf, favorites
Read from June 07 to 09, 2010

** spoiler alert ** 4.5 stars

There’s a spoiler alert bc what I really want to say (sing actually) is: Yes yes yes. They did itttt , they did itttt! And he luuuuvvvv her, and she luuuuvvv him, they luv each other, and tra la la.

Kate Daniels is one of the best series out there (the top of the top) and Ilona Andrews (with Gordon) is an amazing author. The brilliant dialog (can’t beat their one liners), the story, the world they build and the complexity of the characters.

Perfect!

I knocked down half a star just bc I loved Magic strikes a tad more.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Magic Bleeds.

Quotes Vered Liked

Ilona Andrews
“He leaned his head to me, his neck so close to my lips, I felt the heat coming off his skin. His breath was warm against my ear. His voice was a ragged snarl. "I miss you."
This wasn't happening.
"I worry about you." He dipped his head and looked into my eyes. "I worry something stupid will happen and I won't be there and you'll be gone. I worry we won't ever get a chance and it's driving me out of my skull."
No, no, no, no.........
We stared at each other. The tiny space between us felt too hot. Muscles bulged on his naked frame. He looked feral.
Mad gold eyes stared into mine. "Do you miss me, Kate?"
I closed my eyes trying to shut him out. I could lie then we would be back to square one. Nothing would be resolved. I'd still be alone, hating him and wanting him.
He grabbed my shoulders and shook me once. "Do you miss me?"
I took the plunge. "Yes.”
Ilona Andrews, Magic Bleeds

06/07/2010 page 1
0.29% "GOT IT!" 17 comments
06/07/2010 page 1
0.29% "Now, how the hell am I going to keep from reading the last page first?????" 31 comments
06/08/2010 page 69
19.77% "I do wish they talk. Why don’t they talk??? Don’t kick ass yet vulnerable chicks/lions talk anymore? Something like WHY DIDN’T YOU SHOW UP would be sufficient. Thank you." 13 comments
06/08/2010 page 127
36.39% "So here’s a theory for you. What if Roland is actually Kate’s MOTHER. Wouldn’t that be fun?
Plus Saiman is sooo going to take her where Curran will see them together. A pack ball???
And this was me, trying to be clever. Thank you." 8 comments
06/08/2010 page 137
39.26% "Oohh catnip, sooo romantic..." 4 comments
06/08/2010 page 142
40.69% "He glued her chair!!!! This is priceless!! I have to stop updating every two pages!!! And what’s with all those exclamation marks???" 11 comments
06/08/2010 page 180
51.58% "Yes yes yes yes!!!!!!" 19 comments
06/09/2010 page 306
87.68% "Can't update. Can't. Stop. Reading."
06/09/2010 page 329
94.27% "Oh good, now I'm crying too!" 15 comments

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by AH (new) - rated it 5 stars

AH OK, OK, you all convinced me...I bought Magic Burns, Magic Strikes and Magic Bleeds yesterday. I am going to have to do a marathon read soon. I might wait until I send the kids to camp for a week so that I won't be interrupted. I really enjoyed your updates.....

Sandra Only four stars?

Vered AH wrote: "OK, OK, you all convinced me...I bought Magic Burns, Magic Strikes and Magic Bleeds yesterday. I am going to have to do a marathon read soon. I might wait until I send the kids to camp for a week s..."

Great!! Just don't let the firs one Magic Bites, discourage you. A lot of people find it hard to get into it. It just gets better and better!

Vered Sandra AKA Sleo wrote: "Only four stars?"

Read the review ;) It's 4.5...

Sandra Oh. I didn't see the review. Now I see.

Vered Sandra, you haven't read it yet!?

Sandra No, sigh. It is lurking on my Nook, waiting my attention. I've been too wrapped up in Mistwraith.

Vered Yeah, I've noticed :D

Sandra Vered wrote: "Yeah, I've noticed :D"

Smart aleck! Wait 'til you start it!

Vered ;)

Ariana *POSSIBLE SPOILERS!!!*

How could you love the other books more than this one!? Sure there was hotness in it but by JOVE I almost melted a couple of times reading this. The part where Kate goes to dinner with Saiman and as they're leaving Curran comes striding out the door and starts ripping off his clothes??? Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo BABY!!! Even the parts where they play pranks on each other were pure gold, and then the end??? Curran?? *heart aflutter*

Vered What other books??? I gave it 4.5 stars! Only book I loved slightly more was Magic Strikes and only slighty! Because I thought the games scenes and the rescue scene were phenomenal! I LOVED this book!

The Flooze LOL!!

The CURRAN scenes were obviously fabulous in Bleeds. Beyond fabulous! But for plot and pacing, I agree, Strikes was a bit better.