Brooke's Reviews > A Match Made in High School

A Match Made in High School by Kristin Walker

Jan 24, 11

bookshelves: i-own-a-copy, fun-fun-fun, realistic-fiction
Read from January 05 to 24, 2011

Okay. SO. This one took me a little longer than it should have. I found it hard to get into, and I didn't really like the characters... at all... but once I got about 50 pages in, the gags started and the jokes just kept coming. It was funny! I'm not gonna lie.

I really enjoyed reading anything (and everything) to do with Todd. Seriously, that guy was gold. I loved the witty, snide remarks, and Fee's comebacks were very often just as amusing. Fee's voice felt quite real to me, I think the sarcasm she oozed was a lot like myself, and I got that. She didn't feel like a 'fake' teenage girl, as authors sometimes tend to create. If that even makes any sense.

Definitely not a 'deep' book, but it was a cute, fun read and I had a lot of giggles throughout :)
8 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Match Made in High School.

Quotes Brooke Liked

Kristin Walker
“I guess what I’m trying to say is, you just can’t tell who you’re going to end up with. You might spend your whole life dreaming about one type of person, only to find happiness with somebody completely different. Someone you figured you had nothing in common with just might turn out to be your dream guy. And you know he’s your dream guy because you become a better person. He brings out all these great things in you that you never knew or believed were there. And if you’re really lucky you do the same for him. It makes it even more incredible that people find each other, considering most of them are looking in the wrong places to begin with.”
Kristin Walker, A Match Made in High School
tags: love

Kristin Walker
“I'm serious, Mar, I don't know how to act around him now. I can't be nice, because he'll hate that. But I can't be mean just to be nice."
"You really need medication."
"I'm in a quandary. A Catch-22. I'm screwed.”
Kristin Walker, A Match Made in High School

01/18/2011 page 58
21.0% ""According to Marcie's mom, only people with no class actually use the work class. If you have it, then you never talk about it." "Oh."Johnny nodded slowly. "Just like herpes." LMAO. Oh my god. I should not read this at work. Cos I laugh, and quite obviously cannot disclose why. Hahahaha." 8 comments
01/19/2011 page 154
56.0% "I underestimated this book, its really funny! I think I'm hooked. Haha." 2 comments
show 1 hidden update…

~Tina~ <3 Such a HILARIOUS book!
Happy Reading:)

Brooke Thanks, Tina! I must admit I'm struggling. I'm going to start on Across The Universe and hope it pulls me out of my rut. Lol.

~Tina~ lol! AtU should do it, I've only heard great things about that book:)

~Tina~ I'm glad you enjoyed this! I pull it out once in awhile when I need a good giggle:D

Brooke Thanks Tina! Yeah, it was a fun read. I really liked the little kid that Fee babysat. She was very cute. Lol.

~Tina~ Yeah she was:) I thought at first Todd would be all...him when he first meet her, but he real surprised me. I can't wait to see what Walker comes out with next:)

Arlene Completely agree Brooke. It took me a while to get into it, but then I loved it and LMAO. :)